• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quarterback matchups in your Championship Games

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point isn't really about how wonderful waiver-wire adds are, but rather about avoiding feeling "set," about remaining active.

Better to add Pryor, then drop him for Eli, then drop him for Foles, than to sit tight until too late because your QB1 is Luck or Matt Ryan... or even Brees or Cam.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we use the argument that waiting on a Qb works to build a solid team then i would imagine passing on Graham and Gronk should also be a similar arguement and allow you to build a solid team

with that being said a thanking WW for the head count..

im in the final without drafting a Qb early.. im on my 6th Qb oh no im starting Cousins in the Final unless i change to Tannehill or Big Ben..
i also have Graham however i did trade for him..

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played two money leagues this year and got to the championship in both. I played another league for fun and got to the title game in that one too. My drafted QB was Andrew luck in both leagues, but I started dalton in one league and cutler in the other. Next week I'll be starting luck in both leagues. For the fun league, I started Tom Brady and will stick with him.

Championship team 1
Day 1- Dalton vs. Cutler (he sat romo for some reason.)
Day 2 prediction- Luck vs. Romo

Championship team 2
Day 1- Cutler vs. Brees
Day 2 prediction- Luck vs Brees

Championship team 3 (fun league)
Both days Brady vs. Peyton Manning

Last edited by a moderator:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds is not a good idea unless you start 2 QBs. Fantasy is won and loss with RBs and wrs. Jimmy Graham is the only other player I would take in the first few rounds. Productive QBs can be picked up off the waiver wire every week. Having Peyton Manning would be nice, but I'd rather pick up depth in rb and wr in the first few rounds. Unless Peyton has one of his unreal outings, QBs like Andy Dalton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Or Alex Smith could be had off of the waiver wire that will match these top flight QBs during given match ups. That was my strategy this year in relatively competitive leagues and it worked out great for me. I drafted Andrew luck in the 60th or 70th pick and then subbed him out when he had a tough match up. I made the championship in every single league I joined this year, btw.

Last edited by a moderator: