• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QBs Who'll never win a Super Bowl

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to late night radio hosted by Amy Stewart of CBS SPORTS. Raised the topic of QBs who will never win a Super Bowl. Listeners phoned in with names of Vick, Schaub, Cutler, Romo, and even one Washington fan who threw in Griffin's name.
One listener phoned in defending Romo. He brought up points that Romo has no line to protect him. The teams inability to run the ball. The staff's lackluster play calling and other excuses.
For every point the listener brought up in Romo's defense, Ms. Stewart counter pointed his excuses.
Most specifically, Romo's failure to win under pressure.
What's your take on this topic and the CONTINUING EXCUSES Cowboy fans make for Romo?

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all the bad press Romo gets is unfair to a certain degree. Did he throw three pics in the loss against us, yea, but you can't pin every crucial loss on Romo. His recievers have let him down, his line has let him down. Not sure Romo will ever win the big one but nobody should say he can't. Just my take on Romo. As for Vick I don't think he'll even be the starter come week 3. Who really knows about any QB really. I mean, its a team game.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has choked away as many games as anyone. He deserves what he gets.

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all the bad press Romo gets is unfair to a certain degree. Did he throw three pics in the loss against us, yea, but you can't pin every crucial loss on Romo. His recievers have let him down, his line has let him down. Not sure Romo will ever win the big one but nobody should say he can't. Just my take on Romo. As for Vick I don't think he'll even be the starter come week 3. Who really knows about any QB really. I mean, its a team game.
apratt21....I do agree with your observation. He is a very good QB. I can name probably 12-15 other teams that would like to have Romo as their QB. However, he is labled a "choke artist" for a reason.
I really like your default pic. Looks Awsome.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you only think half the league would take him puts him decidedly in the mediocre category.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Romo is a classic franchise hostage QB.

Plays well enough to make you believe that your close but will never get over that hump and wastes away the window you had to make a serious run at it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is more than good enough to win a Super Bowl. Give him the OL and running game and defense SF had last year and the Niners blow the doors off the Ravens. His problem is that his owner GM oversaw one of the 5 greatest OL's in the history of the game and still doesnt understand the value of protecting his QB. Drafted a starting center in the 1st round this year, and instead of adding a Warford in the 2nd and a Barrett Jones in the 3rd, he went TE/WR. Why ask Why:gaah:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't blame the surrounding talent when he consistently makes mind-bendingly retarded decisions. It is on him.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quarterbacks do not win Superbowls. Teams do. Just thought I'd throw that in. Dan Marino was one of the greatest QBs and he never won one.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quarterbacks do not win Superbowls. Teams do. Just thought I'd throw that in. Dan Marino was one of the greatest QBs and he never won one.

Quarterbacks lose them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is a classic franchise hostage QB.

Plays well enough to make you believe that your close but will never get over that hump and wastes away the window you had to make a serious run at it.
I disagree. I think its the other way around. I think Romo is just good enough to make people think that Dallas has a window.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to late night radio hosted by Amy Stewart of CBS SPORTS. Raised the topic of QBs who will never win a Super Bowl. Listeners phoned in with names of Vick, Schaub, Cutler, Romo, and even one Washington fan who threw in Griffin's name.
One listener phoned in defending Romo. He brought up points that Romo has no line to protect him. The teams inability to run the ball. The staff's lackluster play calling and other excuses.
For every point the listener brought up in Romo's defense, Ms. Stewart counter pointed his excuses.
Most specifically, Romo's failure to win under pressure.
What's your take on this topic and the CONTINUING EXCUSES Cowboy fans make for Romo?

I am sure in 1995 that list would have included Brett Farve, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, John Elway. And no one ever thought Kurt Warner or Tom Brady would ever start in the NFL. But those were the Qbs that won the next 8 Super Bowls after 1995.

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is more than good enough to win a Super Bowl. Give him the OL and running game and defense SF had last year and the Niners blow the doors off the Ravens. His problem is that his owner GM oversaw one of the 5 greatest OL's in the history of the game and still doesnt understand the value of protecting his QB. Drafted a starting center in the 1st round this year, and instead of adding a Warford in the 2nd and a Barrett Jones in the 3rd, he went TE/WR. Why ask Why:gaah:
I agree with only half your statement. Still sounds like more excuses. Agree with your opinion about ownership. However, disagree with your opinion about "what ifs." Excuses, excuses.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never say that to any QB I thought for a while there Manning will never win one but he ran into the perfect storm of easy and won a SB. If Trent Dilfer can win a SB ( and Tony Banks same year) then really anyone has the chance to win one.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never say that to any QB I thought for a while there Manning will never win one but he ran into the perfect storm of easy and won a SB. If Trent Dilfer can win a SB ( and Tony Banks same year) then really anyone has the chance to win one.

Trent differ was a game manager. He wasn't special but he didn't throw away games as consistently as romo. No one does.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quarterbacks lose them.
Generally if a QB is good enough to get to a Super Bowl, its more about the defenses, imo.

A great example would be that Arizona Cardinals vs Greenbay Packers shootout in the playoffs a few years back with Warner and Rodgers and they both were teeing off on bad defenses. Eventually, the team that made a defensive play won

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent differ was a game manager. He wasn't special but he didn't throw away games as consistently as romo. No one does.

Romo is high risk high reward kinda QB. Brett Favre was the same way and he won a SB while guys like Brad Johnson and Dilfer have won as well. So I think it comes down to what other people have said to win a SB is about total team.

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dilfer and Banks were blessed to have their defenses bail them out. We're talking of perhaps two of the greatest defenses of all time, now.