• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qb position, now what?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I ever say a first? I said a shaub or Kolb type trade. One was for 2 seconds and swapping first round picks and one was for 1 second and a player.

Smith can be traded for a second round pick easily. heck teams draft QBs they hope to become back ups in the 3rd round. In smith they would have a sure back up at worse.

Lol.

I can't believe you're clinging to this. Really. Smith is a 7th round trade AT BEST.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap was awesome. Definitely gonna be hard to go back to Alex, though it could easily happen......but if some of the other players are as excited as VD, Kap might own the offense already. Regardless, next year I can't imagine Smith still has the job.

Past that, I really think I hate some of you fucks. Every chance you get to forget what Smith has done well is taken and run with. Warty is just a loudmouth idiot, and Clyde is so bent its ridiculous.

I thought you would've jumped off the Golden Gate by now, groupie.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Alex is just about average to below average. He's in the Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton, Russell Wilson category IMO.

I'd be more than happy to have him as a backup if he's making a million or less.

And I think CK has the ability to be great. The zip he has on his ball could be one of the best in the league. He was accurate too. And made smart decisions at the line of scrimmage. The 3rd and 11 or 12 when the bears were playing back and he decided to hot route so Crab did a quick slant route was a great call. Crabtree has been making plays this year and Kaep trusted him to get the 1st. CK gives us a ton more potential on offense and when the offense is doing good the defense gets even better. This team would be better with CK as the QB, I have no doubt about it.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the irony of the first paragraph since you JUST POSTED A LINK TO A SINGLE DRIVE to support your claim of Alex Smith.

Before i nod off, just want to say I posted that link to remind people what Alex Smith can do and he is not a complete scrub. Some people posting on this thread would have you believe that Alex Smith is the worst QB in the history of the NFL.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It bought Eli Manning a new career =\
I seem to remember him being a very up and down QB prone to turnovers with talk about him being bust, and then a magically playoff run happened topped off by an amazing catch by Tyree. He is now considered one of the top QB's in the league. So yeah 1 drive and a playoff run can buy you a whole new lease on a career in the NFL. Alex problem is that we did not win the Super Bowl, and it may have all come to late in his career to overshadow all of his previous baggage.

Dammit. I missed the Super Bowl parade for the Niners last year.

Wait. That was Eli Manning winning his second Super Bowl.

Yeah, Manning's Super Bowls are the equivalent to Smith's 4th quarter in a division round game.

Remind me again, was it Eli's 8th or 9th season he won his first Super Bowl?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another thing that shouldn't be over looked, is that Kap had the cojones to throw it in the middle of the field. Even changing the play at the line, to hit the slant multiple times. Smith hates throwing into the middle of the field, and Kap made it look easy...

You can throw between the hashes, I remember that now... (sorry, it had been awhile)

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does he do to lose games? What does he do to make players look worse?

He has a great record the last 2 years. Im sure any suck ass QB would thrive under this system. Smith has nothing to do with it. Why the niners didn't just go with a undrafted rookie qb this year ill never know.

Anyway its past my bedtime. Got to wake up early to talk shit to my coworkers who told me that the 9ers had no chance with a QB who never started in the NFL over someone who should be starting. Always nice getting into a debate with people after a 9ers win.

So because he doesn't lose game, i.e. turnovers, he makes everyone around him better? Come the fuck on.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap was awesome. Definitely gonna be hard to go back to Alex, though it could easily happen......but if some of the other players are as excited as VD, Kap might own the offense already. Regardless, next year I can't imagine Smith still has the job.

Past that, I really think I hate some of you fucks. Every chance you get to forget what Smith has done well is taken and run with. Warty is just a loudmouth idiot, and Clyde is so bent its ridiculous.

Fuck you space.

How's that?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Before i nod off, just want to say I posted that link to remind people what Alex Smith can do and he is not a complete scrub. Some people posting on this thread would have you believe that Alex Smith is the worst QB in the history of the NFL.

Yeah, people talking up Kaep's game today and saying Smith is not worth a second round pick think he's the worst QB in history.

How about before you nod off, you address the idea of Smith having plenty of statistical games like Kaep did under Harbaugh?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's straight bullshit. The pass to VD on 3rd and 11 late that came up just short of the first down, where he threw it off his back foot between three defenders and hit Davis in stride?

Smith never makes that throw.

The throw that Walker failed to bring in with Kaepernick rolling right? Smith throws that 8 yards out of bounds.

The dart that dislocated Moss' finger? Some of the slants that he was throwing (the slants were about 4 yards deeper than with Smith as well).

The deep comeback to Manningham to start the game (he threw the same pass last week).

If you think Smith can make the throws Kaep was making (especially make the throws like Kaep was making them) you're lying to yourself.

Kaep has very good velocity on his passes and a much stronger arm that is for sure, but Smith made a career comeback basically off that very same pass to Davis. We've seen Smith hit Davis on that same route by dropping the ball in between the coverage countless times. Smith also actually has completed passes down the field prior to stepping out of bounds. The difference is Smith does not always do these things and didn't do many of them at all until the last 3-4 years of his career.

I'm all for which ever QB we decide to go with. As I said I easily though Kaepernick was the 2nd best QB in the draft that year and was extremely happy we got him. If Kaep could play every game around the level he did tonight then hell yes he deserve to start. The thing is we don't know if he can. What if next week is a 3 Int game where the Saints tears us apart? The choice really comes down to sticking with Mr. Consistent in Alex were we know each and every week not to expect huge plays, but not to expect any game killing mistakes. Or, go with Kaep who will hit the big plays, but may or may not have a few bad games coming to him.

It's not normal for a winning team this late into the season to suddenly switch QB's. This is how ever not a normal situation. Kaep clearly brings more promise to the table, but is he ready to lead a team to the Super Bowl? I can answer yes to that question with Alex based off of last year, but with Kaep I don't know. It might not be a horrible thing for him to start next week just to see where he is at as 1 game really means nothing. If he struggles then back to Alex, but if he lights it up again I think you have to stay with it.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit. I missed the Super Bowl parade for the Niners last year.

Wait. That was Eli Manning winning his second Super Bowl.

Yeah, Manning's Super Bowls are the equivalent to Smith's 4th quarter in a division round game.

Remind me again, was it Eli's 8th or 9th season he won his first Super Bowl?

4th year in the league, but a lot of Giants fans were just like a lot of us prior to that season. They had all but written Manning off and wanted him out after those first 3 years. He was not exactly having a great 4th season, but he made it all work right when it counted. They only won that Super Bowl game 14-7 by the way so it's not exactly like Manning won the game on his own. The Giants defense carried that team, but it gave Manning the confidence to become what he is today. I would say that 1 drive easily changed his entire career.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th year in the league, but a lot of Giants fans were just like a lot of us prior to that season. They had all but written Manning off and wanted him out after those first 3 years. He was not exactly having a great 4th season, but he made it all work right when it counted. They only won that Super Bowl game 14-7 by the way so it's not exactly like Manning won the game on his own. The Giants defense carried that team, but it gave Manning the confidence to become what he is today. I would say that 1 drive easily changed his entire career.

This is a joke, right?