• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB options for next year

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they draft a QB w/ one of their picks, then Lock will not be resigned... I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they will even draft a QB... I wouldn't be surprised if we rolled with Geno/Lock again next season...
Smith will be the starting QB next year. I see them drafting one of the young stud college QB’s. Possibly Penix.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith will be the starting QB next year. I see them drafting one of the young stud college QB’s. Possibly Penix.
Possibly a QB... I just hope it's not, Penix...

Schneider/Carroll definitely do not have a track record for valuing QB's via the draft so it's not a certainty that they will select one...

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly a QB... I just hope it's not, Penix...

Schneider/Carroll definitely do not have a track record for valuing QB's via the draft so it's not a certainty that they will select one...

They drafted their long time franchise QB who took them to two super bowls.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They drafted their long time franchise QB who took them to two super bowls.
Yeah, in the 3rd round... You're talking about taking Penix with our 1st when he's projected to possibly go in the top 15 overall... Some have him going to the Falcons at #10....

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say Penix with the first. Why did you claim I said something I didn’t say?
Because that's when he's projected to go in the nfl draft... 1st round...

Do you expect him to be there with our 3rd? We don't have any 2nd round picks...

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that's when he's projected to go in the nfl draft... 1st round...

Do you expect him to be there with our 3rd? We don't have any 2nd round picks...
Penix is projected to be a second round pick by most. Some have him as a first round pick. Seattle can always make deals to get a second round pick.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be surprised if they take a qb, its gonna be geno and lock again most likely

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that there probably will only be a couple of teams seriously interested.

I would be absolutely shocked to see Russ pick a team where he would start off as the backup.
I've been absolutely shocked a couple times with RW stories in recent times -- once when I heard he had been traded, then once more when the news of benching came with the massive cap hit consequence for the planned release. It's shocking how much Denver invested in the marriage of Sean Payton and RW only to see it last not even a full season. I guess we'll see how far his stock has fallen the past 2 years. It was probably at an all time low this time last year, but this season it probably rebounded at least a little.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as many as 10 teams could be interested in Wilson.
I'll take the under, but I guess it depends on what you mean by interested.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is that we all know he has significant limitations. And I was super anti-Geno 2 years ago precisely because he showed no signs of crunch time ability.

But he's been pretty good in crunch time. Not that most fans will accept that.

I agree. Geno has been exceptional at the end of games, which I have found surprising. I was a little underwhelmed with his 3 GWD last year, with 2 of them coming against the Rams, but it's the one part of his game that has improved this year over last. He's been very good.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Williams and Maye likely off the board in the first 3-4 picks or maybe first 2 depending on what those teams do, notably Chicago. Then the dominos start to fall and we see what some teams give up to trade up or whatever. Daniels, Penix, Nix all a little up in the air. We will see what Penix does when he faces Michigan or Bama in the play-offs. If he balls out and wins the NC, his stock will rise greatly and he could even be one of the top 2 picked or he could fall flat and have a just okay combine and drop dramatically. I can honestly see Nix dropping like Levis did last year. Not everybody sold on Oregon QBs and he has some serious flaws. Daniels needs to bulk up and hit the weight room but he could be the wild card in the mix. He's a Justin Fields to Lamar Jackson ( somewhere in there) prospect. Needs to work on his ability to pass from the pocket but is lightning fast and can make plays off schedule. Can't stay that skinny and be that type of player though. Of course, it's rare that anyone can do that and stay on the field. McCarthy is Mac Jones 2.0 imo. He could be a really good game manager type on a loaded team and you can even win with him in that scenario. But he isn't going to wow anybody or be able to take over games by himself. Probably a 2nd or maybe 3rd rd pick. The bottom line is that the Seahawks are likely looking at the scraps off the table by the time we pick. And unless one of those falls to us and the braintrust really falls in love with the kid because of how he interviews we may not be picking QB. Not here saying what we should or shouldn't do. Just trying to read the tea leaves, so to speak as to what Pete and Jon are likely to be thinking.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, in the 3rd round... You're talking about taking Penix with our 1st when he's projected to possibly go in the top 15 overall... Some have him going to the Falcons at #10....
I have not looked at a single mock draft yet and probably won't until the draft order is set, but I have looked at Kiper's position rankings. He's got Penix at QB5. That doesn't match up with being a top 15 or even a 1st round pick, but of course that stuff can and probably will change. The disconnect at this point is striking though.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not looked at a single mock draft yet and probably won't until the draft order is set, but I have looked at Kiper's position rankings. He's got Penix at QB5. That doesn't match up with being a top 15 or even a 1st round pick, but of course that stuff can and probably will change. The disconnect at this point is striking though.

Penix and McCarthy will define their draft position on Monday. It's possible McCarthy won't even declare if he doesn't have a big game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Geno has been exceptional at the end of games, which I have found surprising. I was a little underwhelmed with his 3 GWD last year, with 2 of them coming against the Rams, but it's the one part of his game that has improved this year over last. He's been very good.

When it is all said and done, late game play is arguably the most important part of a QB's game. It's what made Brady the GOAT.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix and McCarthy will define their draft position on Monday. It's possible McCarthy won't even declare if he doesn't have a big game.
Probably so. I think the public perception of their draft position will be impacted maybe more so than what actual NFL teams rate them. If an NFL team thinks Penix is a 2nd round talent right now but then moves him into the top half of round 1 because of strong play in these next 1 or 2 games, then I think they have a problem with their ranking system.