• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB options for next year

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has been benched for the rest of the year and will probably end up getting cut.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has been benched for the rest of the year and will probably end up getting cut.
what took you so long seinfeld GIF

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1703715986437.png

Looks like they're sitting him to prevent him from being at risk for any serious injury...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Entirely possible but that is a painful cut for the Broncos and, IMO, is a failure by Payton to get his team to gel if he does. The odds of him finding a QB that will perform at the same level as Russ is pretty low especially while they are in cap hell.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entirely possible but that is a painful cut for the Broncos and, IMO, is a failure by Payton to get his team to gel if he does. The odds of him finding a QB that will perform at the same level as Russ is pretty low especially while they are in cap hell.
Its a rip the bandaid off move, tank for two years and probably land a top pick for a qb in one of the next three years

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a rip the bandaid off move, tank for two years and probably land a top pick for a qb in one of the next three years

Maybe. But it will for sure mean that Payton will be gone. And probably the GM.

The NFL isn't the NBA.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of them have huge questions marks. Young because of his frame and Stroud because of his lack of athleticism. Neither was considered anywhere close to a can't miss prospect.
So what you're saying is you'd rather run with Geno than Stroud? There weren't any questions marks on Stroud and yes Young's height was an issue but so was Russ and how did that turn out. There's a reason why both were a clear cut 1 2 in the draft and Carolina sold the farm to move up for Young.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans traded from 12 to 3 and gave up #12, their 2024 first round pick, 2023 2nd round pick and 2023 rd round pick. They did get a 4th back from the Cards.

Stroud has looked pretty good so far. But one season is not a career. Richardson look ok. Had some nice plays but he was still way too reliant on his running. He only played 4 games this year and he is STILL 3rd in rushing yards on the team.
Moving up 2 spots and moving up 9 spots is a huge difference.

No one ever said 1 season is a career but imagine what Stroud could have done in this offense with the weapons we have. He made 2 no name WRs in Nico Collins and Tank Dell into pretty good WRs.

Look, just come out and say you'd rather have Geno or Lock QB the Hawks over having Stroud or Richardson who are and will be the Texans/Colts franchise QBs for the next 8 to 10 yrs barring injury.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is you'd rather run with Geno than Stroud? There weren't any questions marks on Stroud and yes Young's height was an issue but so was Russ and how did that turn out. There's a reason why both were a clear cut 1 2 in the draft and Carolina sold the farm to move up for Young.

Of course I'm not saying that. Where they hell did you pull that out of?

If there were no question marks with Stroud then why didn't he go No. 1 overall? I get that fans always have 20/20 hindsight but there were big question marks with both even if both always offered big upside. Same with Richardson.

FTR, go peruse the thread we had about QBs in that class. NO ONE was saying we should trade up to get Stroud.

There are tons of websites that you can go look back and read about all 4 QBs and the risks associated with all of them.

Carolina did sell the farm for Young. And now they are going to suck for a few years and Young will have to learn how to be effective with the shitty receivers that Carolina has.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. But it will for sure mean that Payton will be gone. And probably the GM.

The NFL isn't the NBA.
I think RW will remain a Bronco but the Broncos are going to see if he can be traded. Either way Payton will still be the coach. Hackett got the blame last year and was let go, don’t see the Broncos doing that again. Bad form to fire HC after a single season, it means he wasn’t the right choice to start with. OK to say a hire was mistake once, doing it twice won’t go over well.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving up 2 spots and moving up 9 spots is a huge difference.

No one ever said 1 season is a career but imagine what Stroud could have done in this offense with the weapons we have. He made 2 no name WRs in Nico Collins and Tank Dell into pretty good WRs.

Look, just come out and say you'd rather have Geno or Lock QB the Hawks over having Stroud or Richardson who are and will be the Texans/Colts franchise QBs for the next 8 to 10 yrs barring injury.

I would rather have Stroud than Geno certainly. He certainly looks the part. Would I rather have Witherspoon, JSN, Hall, next year's 2nd rounder and DK Metcalf over Stroud? That's a pretty tough call.

FTR, it's easy to look back and say what we should have done. Drafting would be a lot easier if you knew who would be good and who wouldn't.
As I just said, NO ONE was saying we should give up the farm to move to No. 1. And while you are right that we might not have needed to give up quite as much as Carolina, let's not pretend it would have been a huge discount. Going by draft charts, the difference between the No. 9 and No. 5 pick is a late 2nd round pick.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think RW will remain a Bronco but the Broncos are going to see if he can be traded. Either way Payton will still be the coach. Hackett got the blame last year and was let go, don’t see the Broncos doing that again. Bad form to fire HC after a single season, it means he wasn’t the right choice to start with. OK to say a hire was mistake once, doing it twice won’t go over well.

Oh I wasn't suggesting they were going to fire Payton this offseason. They definitely aren't. But if they do the tankathon that Mrs is suggesting that means a couple of seasons of 3-6 wins seasons. That would for sure get him fired.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If there were no question marks with Stroud then why didn't he go No. 1 overall? I get that fans always have 20/20 hindsight but there were big question marks with both even if both always offered big upside. Same with Richardson.

FTR, go peruse the thread we had about QBs in that class. NO ONE was saying we should trade up to get Stroud.

There are tons of websites that you can go look back and read about all 4 QBs and the risks associated with all of them.

Carolina did sell the farm for Young. And now they are going to suck for a few years and Young will have to learn how to be effective with the shitty receivers that Carolina has.
For the Panthers the trade was really expensive. The didn’t have as high a pick to begin with and they didn’t have extra picks like the Seahawks had. On top of that their roster was not as good as the Seahawks and Moore was one of the few that was good.

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now they have upside? Dude, you're all over the place. You argued they have question marks now throw in upside. There's no 20/20 hindsight as I have said Stroud will have the better career than Young and I wanted Seattle to draft Stroud is they landed in the 2 spot. Landing at 2 and trading up are 2 totally different things.

I too can go to websites and bring up a list why they're the top 2 QBs to be drafted along with other pundits in college football.

Agreed with Carolina and Houston is 2yrs earlier than expected and good for them.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Stroud than Geno certainly. He certainly looks the part. Would I rather have Witherspoon, JSN, Hall, next year's 2nd rounder and DK Metcalf over Stroud? That's a pretty tough call.

FTR, it's easy to look back and say what we should have done. Drafting would be a lot easier if you knew who would be good and who wouldn't.
As I just said, NO ONE was saying we should give up the farm to move to No. 1. And while you are right that we might not have needed to give up quite as much as Carolina, let's not pretend it would have been a huge discount. Going by draft charts, the difference between the No. 9 and No. 5 pick is a late 2nd round pick.
Having a franchise QB trumps everything. There will always be another Witherspoon type, JSN type, Hall type and a DK type.

Again, the talk would be if Seattle landed at 2 which looked really good till the Broncos shit the bed by beating the Raiders.

Of course you're not going to get a free move up, yes it'll cost some but who cares if it means a franchise QB.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I wasn't suggesting they were going to fire Payton this offseason. They definitely aren't. But if they do the tankathon that Mrs is suggesting that means a couple of seasons of 3-6 wins seasons. That would for sure get him fired.
I disagree, they gave up draft picks for him they wont fire him, tanking is part of the deal and ownership will be on board

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aggregate stats don't always tell you a full story though.

The OL has been VERY erratic this year. In some games, the OL has played really well. The Lions, Cowboys, and Panthers games stand out the most for me. Other games, the OL has been poor. The Ravens game, the 2nd Rams game and the Niners games stand out.

I want to be clear that I'm not really arguing that Geno is better or worse than last year. My point is that his play, on the whole, is more or less the same as last year. We played 4 games against teams with winning records last year(Niners 2X, Chefs, Lions). We lost 3 of them.

This year we've played 9 games against teams with winning records and won 3 of them. We've also played some of the toughest defenses in football this year.

If you want to say he's a little worse than last year that's fine I guess. We played a much tougher schedule this year so that isn't surprising. But Geno gave us more or less what we should have expected. Which is why I would be shocked if Pete thinks that what he has to do is make a change at QB and that will fix everything.

While true that there are games that are better than others, but the same is true of Geno's performance. Hell, if the schedule this season is harder, then the performance of the line has been better this year than last - as they've statistically stayed stagnant while facing tougher opponents. Yet, You advocate giving Geno a pass for playing worse because his performance has been worse against tougher teams while the line takes the blame for playing arguably at the same level they did last year against the same tougher opponents.

Now, I don't think that changing one player would change everything, but in the same thread - not changing one underperforming player because it won't change everything isn't exactly a winning strategy either.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While true that there are games that are better than others, but the same is true of Geno's performance. Hell, if the schedule this season is harder, then the performance of the line has been better this year than last - as they've statistically stayed stagnant while facing tougher opponents. Yet, You advocate giving Geno a pass for playing worse because his performance has been worse against tougher teams while the line takes the blame for playing arguably at the same level they did last year against the same tougher opponents.

Now, I don't think that changing one player would change everything, but in the same thread - not changing one underperforming player because it won't change everything isn't exactly a winning strategy either.
Where am I giving Geno a pass?

Geno is who he is. I'm saying he's playing basically at the same level as last year.

If the running game is working then Geno will do well because the play action will work. If he doesn't he geenerallly struggles.

Every QB struggles when the OL struggles. Every single one