• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Competition

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now go to sleep and let the big boys talk football.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Kaep fell off the wagon much like RG3 and that was because the league figured him out or he lost confidence and the team (FO) lost confidence in him...not sure, but he has more talent than Gabbert... if it doesn't show up on the field does it really exist?

I'm not a Kelly fan at all as an NFL HC, but maybe he learned something in Philly...that said, if he's going to get a legit shot out there, he deserves his own QB and right now his stopgap appears to be Gabbert...I really think SF played a bad hand...they should've traded Kaep to DEN even at a loss and moved on this year...it would've been better for both player and team if the reports are accurate about how toxic Kaep's presence was in the locker room...like most things the media probably blew that out of proportion, but I'm sure there are some on the team that probably didn't expect Kaep to be a 49er at this point.
How do you think your steelers are going to do this year?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Purg is done with his BS rant. Just for the record no link he ever provided said that Kap had won the locker room or is even liked by any of his teammates. Nice deflection! :thumb:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about? The Bears game was his first game starting after Smith got hurt. He played well that season. He didn't do anything coming in for Smith like you were suggesting doing. what you suggested is flat out idiotic
Exactly. There was no film of how to prepare for him. Once you see he is a one-trick pony it is a piece of cake to defend him. He went from the league's most dangerous player to just about out of the league in three years.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. There was no film of how to prepare for him. Once you see he is a one-trick pony it is a piece of cake to defend him. He went from the league's most dangerous player to just about out of the league in three years.
A QB who can't throw an accurate pass is easy to defend.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Montalban, post: 8788264turnectly. There was no film of how to prepare for him. Once you see he is a one-trick pony it is a piece of cake to defend him. He went from the league's most dangerous player to just about out of the league in three years.[/QUOTE]
I am not arguing whether Kap should start. But I don't think he should be rotating with Gabbert. Whoever is the starter plays all the snaps. Rotating QBs does not work

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't.

Most people know what we have with Kaepernick......he's declining on the field, and as the de facto leader that the QB position is, he has made it known that he wants out. I do not want this to linger, a la Alex Smith. He is what he is.....and what he shouldn't be is the QB for the 49ers...ever again.

I want to see him in THIS offense.

We all know about how he's played the last two seasons, and know he isn't going to perform miracles now. But he is signed for this season and don't see why we shouldn't try? "Below Average" beats "Horrible", and you never know if/when we'll need a QB to go in the game?

Maybe...just maybe this offense helps him reach 'below average'?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think it was a plan to get rid of Kap, they ended up having to keep him and now it seems like they will hold him back. Kap has mention he is fine to throw but they are holding back to make sure he is 100%. Sounds a little odd to me especially when they are in a QB battle. Also before the the Injuries Kap seemed like he was having a slight better camp. Now that its game time its odd. Yes this past week was an injury but I don't get why he can't play this week. It wasn't Kaps decision he wants to play. THey are being ext a cautions for some reason. Its not like he is a Franchise QB right now. What matters if he gets hurt. He wants to battle.

Yep, you won't find me ever claiming that Gabbert won the QB competition, even if he starts 16 games. Nolan had Smith running the second team and JTO running the first team, on a botched operated shoulder, and then claiming JTO won the job. Nolan had his guy and he never looked to change it - Hill didn't even get any snaps either with the first team.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, IF they do this, you'd start with a new series, not after a 1st or 2nd down.

Anyway, not saying this will happen or should happen, just we don't have to shelve this idea 100%.

Smith, when asked what he thought about inserting Kaepernick in sometimes, gave the politically correct answers, talking about adding a layer for the defense to gameplan for, but when asked again, he said that he didn't like going out after a first down and then coming back in for a 3rd and 21. I'm paraphrasing, of course.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you think your steelers are going to do this year?
Steelers are always about Ben's health, but I think have a solid chance to be a 1 or 2 seed this year on the high side...but if no legit WR2 steps up and the young guys in the secondary don't develop as expected...maybe a wildcard on the low side.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, you won't find me ever claiming that Gabbert won the QB competition, even if he starts 16 games. Nolan had Smith running the second team and JTO running the first team, on a botched operated shoulder, and then claiming JTO won the job. Nolan had his guy and he never looked to change it - Hill didn't even get any snaps either with the first team.
Yeah especially when Kap was throwing bombs at Pre game. Something doesnt add up.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts killed u in this argument man its ok. Just man up. Its not a big deal. U got F up. U mention peyton manning and I went and said I would have him as our starting QB and u said 2012 has nothing to do with 2016 that is why u would go with Gabbert. So if u sum it up u would rather have Gabbert start over Manning. LOL

Its ok man Facts are tough to beat. One day u will win an argument. This just wasn't your topic.

<skims through the babblefest....as per usual...nothing but talking out of his ass/factually failing to address the points at hand with anything logical.>

SOOooooo....mr 'facts' guy....that post? You know....the one that claimed I stated that Blaine Gabbert is better than Peyton Manning? Surely a 'facts' guy such as yourself can easily supply that quote...right?Riiiiiiggghhhhttt????

Can't back it up with fact = you lose. Fact.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A QB who can't throw an accurate pass is easy to defend.
As is one who locks on to his first read and is scared to throw in the middle of the field.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Montalban, post: 8788264turnectly. There was no film of how to prepare for him. Once you see he is a one-trick pony it is a piece of cake to defend him. He went from the league's most dangerous player to just about out of the league in three years.
I am not arguing whether Kap should start. But I don't think he should be rotating with Gabbert. Whoever is the starter plays all the snaps. Rotating QBs does not work[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Christian Ponder looks better than both of them anyway.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see him in THIS offense.

We all know about how he's played the last two seasons, and know he isn't going to perform miracles now. But he is signed for this season and don't see why we shouldn't try? "Below Average" beats "Horrible", and you never know if/when we'll need a QB to go in the game?

Maybe...just maybe this offense helps him reach 'below average'?

Well if it helps him to reach 'below average' why even trot him out there in the first place? He still has to garner support from the locker room, and there is no doubt players still aren't sold that he's fully on board. The guys who are supporting him may waver at anything below average and lose all belief in him. At least you hear some decent things about Gabbert.

The only way he can get the team back is if he plays pretty well...and I don't think he can anymore. I think it's best for all parties to move on.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Purg is done with his BS rant. Just for the record no link he ever provided said that Kap had won the locker room or is even liked by any of his teammates. Nice deflection! :thumb:

What? You mean he talked outta his ass, and provided a deflection to support his stupidity? Shocked I tell you....

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not arguing whether Kap should start. But I don't think he should be rotating with Gabbert. Whoever is the starter plays all the snaps. Rotating QBs does not work

Fair enough. Christian Ponder looks better than both of them anyway.[/QUOTE]

He was the best QB out there. Pretty amazing considering he was painting his house when the 49ers called

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Christian Ponder looks better than both of them anyway.

He was the best QB out there. Pretty amazing considering he was painting his house when the 49ers called[/QUOTE]
As I recall he was the starting QB on a Vikings playoff team. Wonder what happened.