• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Competition

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What we saw in Kap at the end of his playing time last year was really bad. On the other side, seeing Gabbtert throwing a 4 yard pass on 3rd and 9 and a 3 for 20 something third down conversation rate is bad also and equally frustrating.

yes, and we're not going to get good, consistent QB play this year either. But i'll take a 4 yard completion over a sack, or running OB at a loss, or throwing it away.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
report came out yesterday is Kap has been the leader and the players really respond to him. He has been a great locker room guy.

I'll chalk that up to nothing but lip service. You can't put toothpaste back in the tube. Without question, more players would rally behind Gabbert than Kaepernick. I don't care how badly Gabbert plays this year....I'd rather see him ride it out, or put someone else (Ponder? Who is so far behind any Niner QB in terms of system knowledge/timing with current Niner receivers/etc.) in.

Based on his downward play, and him (the QB position who doesn't want to lead his teammates) wanting out, Kaepernick should never play another down of football for SF.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but with Kap missing the 2nd game its over for him to be the starter unless Gabbert gets hurt. I have a feeling this is all a set up. Something just isnt right.
You shouldn't hate to say it. Gabbert is the better QB.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
report came out yesterday is Kap has been the leader and the players really respond to him. He has been a great locker room guy.

They said that last year as well and we all so how that turned out

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll chalk that up to nothing but lip service. You can't put toothpaste back in the tube. Without question, more players would rally behind Gabbert than Kaepernick. I don't care how badly Gabbert plays this year....I'd rather see him ride it out, or put someone else (Ponder? Who is so far behind any Niner QB in terms of system knowledge/timing with current Niner receivers/etc.) in.

Based on his downward play, and him (the QB position who doesn't want to lead his teammates) wanting out, Kaepernick should never play another down of football for SF.
:thumb:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all want him to compete and see what he can do in this offense.

I don't.

Most people know what we have with Kaepernick......he's declining on the field, and as the de facto leader that the QB position is, he has made it known that he wants out. I do not want this to linger, a la Alex Smith. He is what he is.....and what he shouldn't be is the QB for the 49ers...ever again.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
false statement but if u want to think that, thats fine. numbers say kap is better in career
You can play the stats game all you like. Kap's numbers came when the 9ers' D was the best ,or close to the best, in the NFL

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can play the stats game all you like. Kap's numbers came when the 9ers' D was the best ,or close to the best, in the NFL
If u don't have stats u done have nothing to go by. 1 went to a super bowl and the other has been a bust. Facts are Facts. Hope this helps u if not its k.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If u don't have stats u done have nothing to go by. 1 went to a super bowl and the other has been a bust. Facts are Facts. Hope this helps u if not its k.

Facts are facts? You mean like an apples to apples comparison, and the closest you can get to that is last year given they had similar talent around, with you know....being on the same team. Gabbert's stats were better than Kaepernick's.

Kaepernick took a team to the SB? Phillip Rivers hasn't done that....you telling me that Kaepernick is better than Rivers? That was 2012 - ancient history - and he's declined every year since then....no reason to believe that'll change this year...assuming he's the starter.

That is something that should never happen again as a 49er.....Colin Kaepernick as the starter.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply debunked your comment about Kap winning over the team as a leader. You then start with the stats BS and giving me facepalms. Kap is no leader, period.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply debunked your comment about Kap winning over the team as a leader. You then start with the stats BS and giving me facepalms. Kap is no leader, period.
Well I gave you the link. I can't do anything more. U either believe it or not. I gave me a face palm because u ask for a link and I gave you one and u tried to shit on it. No one is saying he is some great leader it was just pointed out that he is a leader in the club house.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts are facts? You mean like an apples to apples comparison, and the closest you can get to that is last year given they had similar talent around, with you know....being on the same team. Gabbert's stats were better than Kaepernick's.

Kaepernick took a team to the SB? Phillip Rivers hasn't done that....you telling me that Kaepernick is better than Rivers? That was 2012 - ancient history - and he's declined every year since then....no reason to believe that'll change this year...assuming he's the starter.

That is something that should never happen again as a 49er.....Colin Kaepernick as the starter.
I hope you are wrong because after last night Gabbert as starter made me throw up. He is so bad. At this point I might rather have Ponder start.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I gave you the link. I can't do anything more. U either believe it or not. I gave me a face palm because u ask for a link and I gave you one and u tried to shit on it. No one is saying he is some great leader it was just pointed out that he is a leader in the club house.
Where in that article did anyone from the 9ers say that Kap was a leader? I'll wait.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are wrong because after last night Gabbert as starter made me throw up. He is so bad. At this point I might rather have Ponder start.
Did Gabbert fumble? Throw an Int? Your love for Kap is beginning to make me sick as well.