• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Competition

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are wrong because after last night Gabbert as starter made me throw up. He is so bad. At this point I might rather have Ponder start.

How can I be wrong? Everything I stated in the post in question is 100% fact, except my opinion that he shouldn't start for the Niners again. And spare us the whole 'I threw up watching Blaine Gabbert' nonsense...unless you can admit that Kaepernick's 4 int/2 pick sixes against the Cards put you at deaths door.

I get it...you're a fanboi for Kaepernick. You are in the extreme minority that bleeds for him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Gabbert played okay last night. Had his moments where he looked good and others where he was inaccurate. Time is starting to run out for Kap. He needs to show something quickly.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Gabbert fumble? Throw an Int? Your love for Kap is beginning to make me sick as well.
I don't love no QB on this team. Look Im not going to argue with you on this. We both want whats good for the 49ers. We have differ opinions on who should start that is fine. Im going by facts and you are going with your opinion. Thats ok. after watching Gabbert play I know I don't want him to start. I will give you this he hasn't taken any sacks or fumbled. that is good. But also Kap hasn't played behind this Oline(really impressive what they are doing).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can I be wrong? Everything I stated in the post in question is 100% fact, except my opinion that he shouldn't start for the Niners again. And spare us the whole 'I threw up watching Blaine Gabbert' nonsense...unless you can admit that Kaepernick's 4 int/2 pick sixes against the Cards put you at deaths door.

I get it...you're a fanboi for Kaepernick. You are in the extreme minority that bleeds for him.
no Im saying I hope you are wrong about Gabbert being the starter. After these last 2 games I want no part of him. I think we have a bunch of avg QB's I would rather go with the QB with the better track record and who can play at a higher level. That is Kap. He can also be a bigger Bust. That is my opinion.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't love no QB on this team. Look Im not going to argue with you on this. We both want whats good for the 49ers. We have differ opinions on who should start that is fine. Im going by facts and you are going with your opinion. Thats ok. after watching Gabbert play I know I don't want him to start. I will give you this he hasn't taken any sacks or fumbled. that is good. But also Kap hasn't played behind this Oline(really impressive what they are doing).
I'll admit my hatred for Kap. I just don't see him as anything but cap space lost. My point was is that he has no support by his teammates.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit my hatred for Kap. I just don't see him as anything but cap space lost. My point was is that he has no support by his teammates.
I think he does. I posted that link and I have a feeling some of it is true. I will say this I do think the Front office is holding Kap back. I don't know if anyone notice pre game Kap was throwing 50 yard bombs. I think Kap meant to do that to show he can throw. Something isn't right here. If that is the case and if they come out and say they are pulling an RG3 situation fine time to move on.

After watching Ponder play I might like his play more then Gabbert. We don't have very good options.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Im saying I hope you are wrong about Gabbert being the starter. After these last 2 games I want no part of him. I think we have a bunch of avg QB's I would rather go with the QB with the better track record and who can play at a higher level. That is Kap. He can also be a bigger Bust. That is my opinion.

Faulty logic. Kaepernicks only 'track record' shows a guy who has declined year after year after year after year to a point where he was finally benched for Gabbert. To say that Kaep should be the starter because of two PRE-SEASON games from Gabbert (which were nowhere close to your dismal description and were every bit as good or better than what we've seen from Kaepernick the last couple of years) screams of Kaep fanboi-ism.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faulty logic. Kaepernicks only 'track record' shows a guy who has declined year after year after year after year to a point where he was finally benched for Gabbert. To say that Kaep should be the starter because of two PRE-SEASON games from Gabbert (which were nowhere close to your dismal description and were every bit as good or better than what we've seen from Kaepernick the last couple of years) screams of Kaep fanboi-ism.
with a bad oline. With a good Oline he has done well. That is the logic. I hope u understand now. its taking a little longer then I thought. Im not saying because of 2 preseason games. Im saying overall. Last year I don't blame both guys because well we had the worst coaching staff in the world and 2nd worst Oline in the league. Im going by career. I don't understand how u can't follow this.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with a bad oline. With a good Oline he has done well. That is the logic. I hope u understand now. its taking a little longer then I thought. Im not saying because of 2 preseason games. Im saying overall. Last year I don't blame both guys because well we had the worst coaching staff in the world and 2nd worst Oline in the league. Im going by career. I don't understand how u can't follow this.

With the same team last year, Gabbert was better than Kaepernick. Aaaagain...career means nothing....going by your 'career' logic, SF should just try and convince Peyton Manning to come here. His career will certainly land him in the HOF....forget about the fact that he's finished talentwwise....he was near MVP levels in 2012!

The 'logic' of a Kaep fanboi.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the same team last year, Gabbert was better than Kaepernick. Aaaagain...career means nothing....going by your 'career' logic, SF should just try and convince Peyton Manning to come here. His career will certainly land him in the HOF....forget about the fact that he's finished talentwwise....he was near MVP levels in 2012!

The 'logic' of a Kaep fanboi.
again u don't get it. I already posted I don't count last year for both guys because of how bad the coaching staff and Oline was. I don't know where Peyton comes into this discussion and shows how desperate you are to try and be right or bash my opinion and it makes u look really bad on this discussion. I would rather have Ponder then Gabbert as the starter. I do think Gabbert can be a good back up QB for this team I just can't see him being a full time starter. We saw it last year he had a good game and he got worse the longer he was the starter. He is a very poor man version of Alex Smith.

U want Gabbert and I want Kap or Ponder(I still want to see a little more but so far so good).

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again u don't get it. I already posted I don't count last year for both guys because of how bad the coaching staff and Oline was.

You don't count last year because it factually and completely undermines your reasoning. The fact is that Gabbert outplayed Kaeperrnick on the same team with the same coaches last year.

I don't know where Peyton comes into this discussion and shows how desperate you are to try and be right or bash my opinion and it makes u look really bad on this discussion.

The Peyton Manning reasoning again, tears your logic to shreds. You keep repeating the nonsense of 'career' well, I used a perfect example of a slam dunk HOF career, who was garbage last year....yet your reasoning suggests we should definitely try to prod Manning out of retirement.

We saw it last year he had a good game and he got worse the longer he was the starter.

Factually incorrect. Not only that, but you just stated that 'you don't count last year' yet here you are doing as such.

I would rather have Ponder then Gabbert as the starter.

Based on one preseason game? Factually stupid. You're just butthurt over the fact that Gabbert took Kaepernicks job. I too would be all hurt....but I'm not a Kaep fanboi.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't count last year because it factually and completely undermines your reasoning. The fact is that Gabbert outplayed Kaeperrnick on the same team with the same coaches last year.

The Peyton Manning reasoning again, tears your logic to shreds. You keep repeating the nonsense of 'career' well, I used a perfect example of a slam dunk HOF career, who was garbage last year....yet your reasoning suggests we should definitely try to prod Manning out of retirement.

Factually incorrect. Not only that, but you just stated that 'you don't count last year' yet here you are doing as such.

Based on one preseason game? Factually stupid. You're just butthurt over the fact that Gabbert took Kaepernicks job. I too would be all hurt....but I'm not a Kaep fanboi.
Lol some one is salty that they got killed in this argument. This post just summed it up how pathetic Roma was. LOL Great stuff. He talks about Peyton Manning……. Dude he was never on the 49ers. He played for Denver last year. Catch up on your football man.

Like I said before I would rather have Kap and maybe even Ponder at this point instead of Gabbert. The guy hasn't done anything in his career and u talk about last year and I think u forgot how bad he was and the team going 5-11. If you are basing your opinion on last year I feel really bad for you. LOL

All 3 aren't great QBs. Hopefully we can at least agree on this. All were drafted in the same class and Kap has had the better career out of the 3. I guess we just have to wait and see what happens this year.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol some one is salty that they got killed in this argument..

Yes...you were destroyed via facts. Lets see....

You go with the guy who has the better 'career.' The Peyton Manning logic factually destroys you, and you can't counter it. Game.

You say you don't want to count last year...because? Oh that's right...because Gabbert outplayed Kaepernick on the same team with the same coaches. Factually destroyed with no counter. Set.

Of course, you DID use last year when grading Gabbert, incorrectly stating he had a good game, but got worse as the year went on. Factually incorrect. Match.

All you can do is hand out facepalms because you most certainly cannot refute with fact and logic. I expect nothing else from a Kaep fanboi.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...you were destroyed via facts. Lets see....

You go with the guy who has the better 'career.' The Peyton Manning logic factually destroys you, and you can't counter it. Game.

You say you don't want to count last year...because? Oh that's right...because Gabbert outplayed Kaepernick on the same team with the same coaches. Factually destroyed with no counter. Set.

Of course, you DID use last year when grading Gabbert, incorrectly stating he had a good game, but got worse as the year went on. Factually incorrect. Match.

All you can do is hand out facepalms because you most certainly cannot refute with fact and logic. I expect nothing else from a Kaep fanboi.
I was the only one that gave facts. Stop it now. I posted their stats. Please you are embarrassing yourself and I don't want to see that from a 49er fan. There was no logic behind your Peyton talk. LOL If anything it helps my argument.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was the only one that gave facts. Stop it now. I posted their stats. Please you are embarrassing yourself and I don't want to see that from a 49er fan. There was no logic behind your Peyton talk. LOL If anything it helps my argument.

The difference is....you 'say' it whereas I proved with facts that completely decimated your idiotic arguments, point for point....and there isn't anything you can do or 'say' otherwise.

Try again, fanboi.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has all the makings of RG3 and Cousins in WAS only Gabbert is not an NFL caliber talent.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is....you 'say' it whereas I proved with facts that completely decimated your idiotic arguments, point for point....and there isn't anything you can do or 'say' otherwise.

Try again, fanboi.
No I proved it u just make up crap. That is the difference. The way u talk about Gabbert it seems like he is an HOF QB. The guy sucks. All 3 Qbs suck to Avg. The best one Facts show its Kap. Damn even Ponder has better numbers(I think). Please stop man its getting bad on your part. Move on to the next subject. Im trying to help u.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I proved it u just make up crap. That is the difference. The way u talk about Gabbert it seems like he is an HOF QB. The guy sucks. All 3 Qbs suck to Avg. The best one Facts show its Kap. Damn even Ponder has better numbers(I think). Please stop man its getting bad on your part. Move on to the next subject. Im trying to help u.

Again...you 'say' it. I proved it with facts, that you canNOT counter.

Try again, fanboi.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has all the makings of RG3 and Cousins in WAS only Gabbert is not an NFL caliber talent.

Gabbert is certainly a lower level QB, but as of right now, he stands as the best option. A stopgap till the future QB, whomever it will be.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert is certainly a lower level QB, but as of right now, he stands as the best option. A stopgap till the future QB, whomever it will be.
I want say best option but will say an option.