• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Competition

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not to say Gabbert is gone for sure, but having Ponder doesn't put Baalke in a "NY Jet" situation.

Say Gabbert does play about NFL average, wouldn't he seek at least a two year contract around $12M/year? So my questions is......would we want to give him a contract like this?

If Gabbert earns a contract worth $12 million a year based on what other QBs are making in the league, then I would because we need a vet right now to play the position and we most probably won't find anyone cheaper on the market.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Driskel was showing improvement until his outing with SD where he stunk up the joint. They took him in the 6th round, so as the position itself is one of the more difficult ones to master, I think he deserved at least a full years worth of work with the team. I have no problem with going with Gabbert/Ponder and leaving Driskel as the third, and if something happened to both 1/2, they simply sign a vet to finish out the year.

I just don't like the notion that SF has nobody that they are working with towards the future unless Kelly truly believes someone already on the roster is that guy. Like I said....I believe one way or another, Kaepernick will be starting sometime this year.

49ers gambling odds: Over/under set for Blaine Gabbert, Colin Kaepernick starts

I remembered your post when I saw this. I don't really have no clue. I don't know how Kelly operates. I would think the offense would have to really struggle for Gabbert to get benched. No one is expecting this team to win many games

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers gambling odds: Over/under set for Blaine Gabbert, Colin Kaepernick starts

I remembered your post when I saw this. I don't really have no clue. I don't know how Kelly operates. I would think the offense would have to really struggle for Gabbert to get benched. No one is expecting this team to win many games

Nobody is expecting us to win a lot, but I think we may have enough on defense and a running game to be somewhat competitive. If those units can simply be par, and Gabbert/passing offense really struggles, and SF starts out 1-6 or so, I'd almost expect a switch.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is expecting us to win a lot, but I think we may have enough on defense and a running game to be somewhat competitive. If those units can simply be par, and Gabbert/passing offense really struggles, and SF starts out 1-6 or so, I'd almost expect a switch.

I was listening to the KNBR morning show and Greg Cosell was on. He thinks Kaepernick is going to play sometime this year if Gabbert struggles. He said something about Kelly having a college mindset with QBs which I think he meant more willing to rotate QBs.