• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Q for Browns (or any) fans

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB would do it for the first rounders. Don't be absurd.
Performance of 1st rounders aren't guaranteed. Rodgers is a top-5 QB every season. Teams don't punt on HOF quality QBs unless too much of the rest of the team is in need of rebuilding. Green Bay isn't the Super Bowl favorite, but they're at least within striking distance, which is more than anyone can say about a perennial shithole like Cleveland.

Ever heard of Freddie Kitchens?
3zwfsi.jpg

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Performance of 1st rounders aren't guaranteed. Rodgers is a top-5 QB every season. Teams don't punt on HOF quality QBs unless too much of the rest of the team is in need of rebuilding. Green Bay isn't the Super Bowl favorite, but they're at least within striking distance, which is more than anyone can say about a perennial shithole like Cleveland.

3zwfsi.jpg
stay focused.....Browns past issues have nothing to do with your irrational.

AR was not a top 5 QB every season. We could go all the way back to 2019 and see even Baker was ahead of him in QBR in a season derailed by maybe the worst HC the NFL has ever seen.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was asked if I'd make this deal. Answer seemed obvious to me, curious what this group thinks......We trade Baker, Njoku and 2 firsts for Aaron Rodgers.

Yay or nay (yay means you'd make the deal if the Browns)?

That's a lot of capital for a tired old trouble-making, me-first, overpaid, GNG wetdream.

NAY!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of capital for a tired old trouble-making, me-first, overpaid, GNG wetdream.

NAY!
truth be told it's the OLD part that makes it a no for me. If the guy was in his early 30s (and Browns had a roster like this one) I'd make this deal.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever heard of Freddie Kitchens?
stay focused.....Browns past issues have nothing to do with your irrational.

AR was not a top 5 QB every season. We could go all the way back to 2019 and see even Baker was ahead of him in QBR in a season derailed by maybe the worst HC the NFL has ever seen.
LOL. Ok. But I wouldn’t go scheduling your Browns Super Bowl / Baker Man-Love tattoo just yet.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper it's somewhat attractive to take a known commodity and guarantee playoffs considering the surrounding talent but there's so much that could go wrong there and you pretty much open and close your window in a two to three year run.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodger's current contract will keep him in Green Bay for at least the next three seasons.

People don't understand the cap.

This will be Rodgers final season in Green Bay in all likelihood.

His dead cap hit is large but not unmanageable after this season. They actually have MORE cap space if they trade him next offseason than they do if they keep him.

The only reason he isn't moved after this season is if GB doesn't believe Love has the potential to be a quality starting NFL after getting to see him this year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His dead cap hit is large but not unmanageable after this season. They actually have MORE cap space if they trade him next offseason than they do if they keep him.

The only reason he isn't moved after this season is if GB doesn't believe Love has the potential to be a quality starting NFL after getting to see him this year.
I don't think there's enough cap savings to trade or release AR next season, unless AR becomes a verbalissue. Now going into 2022 yes I can see AR no longer in GB.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair the NFL doesn't structure contracts to make it easy to digest for the semi casual fan.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for 2 first rounders and because they might like baker?

And then what? Baker takes over the QB position in GB and the Packers give him 30 million per year while still paying Rodgers and giving up on their current 1st round QB investment?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's enough cap savings to trade or release AR next season, unless AR becomes a verbalissue. Now going into 2022 yes I can see AR no longer in GB.

Yeah 2 years makes more sense from a financial perspective.

But what GB can ask for and get in a trade next offseason will likely be more than they can get the following offseason.

And yes how Rodger reacts to this is going to determine a lot of this. He can refuse a trade and just retire and stick GB with a ton of that dead money hit for nothing in return. So how willing he is to help in fascilitating a trade is going to play a big role in this.

But with the way the NFL works these days I just don't believe that GB made this move with the idea of sitting Love for 2 seasons.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 2 years makes more sense from a financial perspective.

But what GB can ask for and get in a trade next offseason will likely be more than they can get the following offseason.

And yes how Rodger reacts to this is going to determine a lot of this. He can refuse a trade and just retire and stick GB with a ton of that dead money hit for nothing in return. So how willing he is to help in fascilitating a trade is going to play a big role in this.

But with the way the NFL works these days I just don't believe that GB made this move with the idea of sitting Love for 2 seasons.
That makes sense, if a team offers too good of a deal for Rodgers and you plan of moving to the new guy they have to make that trade.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, not end all be all but IMO the best stat for a QB is QBR and even in an awful 2019 he was ahead of Rodgers.....with Freddie as his coach.

If you believe that, why even pose such a trade?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22 mil in 2021 and 25 mil in 2022

upload_2020-5-4_10-7-24.png

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retarted?

First Goo Gobber take a look at this thread and tell me different?

The other issue is that AR isn't a HOF yet. How we just call him a potential HOF which would be accurate.

With the amount of GB cool aid you drink you'll never have to worry about dehydration. Keep slurping.
Are you high? He is a first ballot hall of famer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Ok. But I wouldn’t go scheduling your Browns Super Bowl / Baker Man-Love tattoo just yet.
why would I? All I did was present you a fact that Baker was ahead of AR in QBR last season.

But nice delfection.