• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Q for Browns (or any) fans

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was asked if I'd make this deal. Answer seemed obvious to me, curious what this group thinks......We trade Baker, Njoku and 2 firsts for Aaron Rodgers.

Yay or nay (yay means you'd make the deal if the Browns)?
I have discussed Baker with Browns fans they are quite certain he is the next Tom Brady and certainly better than Aaron Rogers. And none of their woes fall on their QB

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the moron who got outed for lieing on a sports board. No one has nor ever will take anything you said/say seriously.

Keep on GnGing:thumb:
So I was posting from Wisconsin instead of Texas. If that is a felony then most everyone on SportsHoopla is guilty. Also, I really don't care if you believe me or not because you are still a dumbass.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have discussed Baker with Browns fans they are quite certain he is the next Tom Brady and certainly better than Aaron Rogers. And none of their woes fall on their QB

:pound:

giphy (3).gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was asked if I'd make this deal. Answer seemed obvious to me, curious what this group thinks......We trade Baker, Njoku and 2 firsts for Aaron Rodgers.

Yay or nay (yay means you'd make the deal if the Browns)?

Man...this thread has been up since Sat...all that golf this past weekend I guess....it had been a long break so I was due for 36.

Yay...all day and twice on Sunday.

You've got a good 5 year window with Rodgers...2 studs outside, stud RB, beefed up OL, TE is not a stud, but better than avg. plus the DEF is probably ready for a top 15 type position.

Absolutely yay!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no way I would do this. I still believe in Baker, if he even has an average year it depend on what I see out of him. If he keeps his old habits I will be hesitant about his future, if I see progress I think he can be a franchise QB. One year isn't a make or break.

ARodg in one injury away from possibly being done at his age and 36... no thanks. The Browns would be giving up on their #1 pick and basically their future with their young roster giving up 2 1st's.

It's all in what you want Shane...if you want to win a SB within the next 3 to 5 yrs...you make the deal.

If you're okay just being more competitive, in the hunt for the DIV, make the playoffs...I think Baker can deliver that possibly, but I do not see the Browns lifting the Lombardi with Baker at QB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I'm sure baker would love to be coached by...well.....anyone instead of Freddie.

Are you so sure? Isn't that why Freddie got the job in the first place, because of his relationship with Baker? They let a legitimate head coach leave that had them improving to do so.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns could've thrown Rodgers in at starting QB last year and maybe gone 8-8. It's remarkable how little people know about how badly Kitchens fucked up games on a week-to-week basis. His former OC even was telling teams late in the season about how horrible he was as a play-caller, how every week they had no idea what plays he was going to call because he'd completely go off script. I'm not saying Baker is on Rodgers' level because he's obviously not yet, but to act like last year was all his fault is just ignorant. There isn't a QB in the league that would've made that huge of a difference on that Browns team.

Yet, lol? Don't drink from Lake Erie....

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, let's ignore the history of Heisman-winning QBs in the NFL...
So are you planning on just nit-picking small parts of a post and being a dick about it for no reason or are you interested in actually talking football?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you planning on just nit-picking small parts of a post and being a dick about it for no reason or are you interested in actually talking football?

Are you interested in taking your Browns goggles off?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you so sure? Isn't that why Freddie got the job in the first place, because of his relationship with Baker? They let a legitimate head coach leave that had them improving to do so.

Just wondering which legit HC the Browns let go. Do you mean Haley, the fella that was fired by K.C. in 2011 & hasn't been a HC since?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering which legit HC the Browns let go. Do you mean Haley, the fella that was fired by K.C. in 2011 & hasn't been a HC since?

Gregg Williams. Not that he's a perennial HC candidate, but he was doing a solid job with the Browns that went unappreciated in favor of Freddie. And yes, I realize he's a prick, he's coached for both of my teams (Rams and Bills).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lighten up, Francis. When you can prove to me that Baker will never become elite, you let me know.

I feel pretty safe with that one. Rodgers holds the career all-time passing rating and has never been below 92. Baker was at 78 last year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregg Williams. Not that he's a perennial HC candidate, but he was doing a solid job with the Browns that went unappreciated in favor of Freddie. And yes, I realize he's a prick, he's coached for both of my teams (Rams and Bills).
There will never come a season where my father won't remind me that he wanted Gregg Williams all along, and he might've been right.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will never come a season where my father won't remind me that he wanted Gregg Williams all along, and he might've been right.

It's a tough one for me too. I hated him with the Bills, and grew tired of him as DC with the Rams. Both he and Wade Phillips have this tendency to play their corners so far off the ball that they would frequently give up first downs if the QB could get the ball off. I'm hoping a new, younger outlook will pay off for the Rams defensively this year, but sometimes getting what you hope for is a bad thing...