• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Put the question to a vote

Lawrence, Fields, Lance or 2020 play-off appearance?

• 1. Maintain the current arch towards having that very high draft selection.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2. Make that play-off push, in a putrid division that also puts them out of the top three QB sweeps

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAYBE the clusters will sort out, maybe this is an anomaly year. Covid, lack of preseason and injuries have shaped this season far differently than an average year, imo

Part of the potential fine IS the possibility of a lost draft pick.
Ok let’s go with this 6 wins gets you a top 15 pick while making the playoffs with the same 6 wins gets you a twenty , making the playoffs as. A loser hurts us more , making it with 9 wins is on because teams with better records won’t draft ahead of us making their better teams better still

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading all of this . . . . . you've got me dizzy . . . . . but I agree!
LOL me too.

It came to me last night when I was watching the Bears and their Offense and Defense. And it was like a lightbulb...we are very like them in many ways. But our division has no AAron Rodgers led Packers in it...

Then, Sheehan said almost exactly what I had been thinking in terms of the dissertation I wrote above... so I realized I was not thinking in some new and aberrant delusional thinking. It all fits. It is all possible. Now whether it happens, time will tell, but I am more optimistic about the future of this team than I have been in a LONG TIME!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok let’s go with this 6 wins gets you a top 15 pick while making the playoffs with the same 6 wins gets you a twenty , making the playoffs as. A loser hurts us more , making it with 9 wins is on because teams with better records won’t draft ahead of us making their better teams better still
Ok, lets go with the 6 win scenario...which is where I think we will likely end. Now add in the boost to the locker room, smart FA and a good draft with a little luck...as the best case scenario.

Now the 9 win scenario, which is great but likely fantasy.

Which situation do you want?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I can respect your version of things, the logic employed and how you feel in terms of fools gold and phony records. Also how you could see it realistically playing out.

I’d love to see that by the way.

But I think we all know that barring some wild happenings (given its 2020 so who the heck knows) to some of the teams we meet, a record of 9-6 is unlikely in this division by any of the teams.

All that said, someone HAS to win this division and we honestly look to be the only road block to the Eagles taking it.

My scenario is predicted on 1) our health vs the division,

2) our D and it’s coming together - obviously they must consistently sustain the growth we’ve seen the past 2 games, which I optimistically see as achievable, even lacking some talent in the secondary and LBs,. The changes in players have already reaped some rewards and I see JDR and RR continuing to tinker. God bless Everett for laying some lumber at Free and Curl has done better than expected at box. Holcomb...what a great bonus having him back. Made a huge difference.

Our front 4 are rockstars and can disrupt most of the Os we are gonna see, if they continue to grow and gel like we’ve been seeing.

3) and an O that actually appears to be a functioning unit that moves the chains and actually scores more than 9-12 points per game. Hopefully Kyle continues to keep the ball safe.

Hopefully they bring in a kicker during the bye. I fully expect it. Hopkins has got to go.

The main thing tho is the number of teams with shitty records. Draft order for us with the number of wins we are likely to realistically expect will already push us out of the top ten REGARDLESS.

You don’t believe in tanking, neither do I, so why the hell not win a division. We are NO worse off for the most part and our guys deserve it at the least if it’s achievable.

Watching the NFL Playoffs is my favorite time of the year when it comes to watching any sports so let's win this division so I can at least watch my team play at least once regardless of their record entering the playoffs. I think this would be a big boost for moral for the entire Washington nation going into the offseason after we are eliminated from the playoffs and perhaps it will attract the attention of free agents and trades with players who have never tasted a playoff game who want to be a part of trying to take us to the next level.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the NFL Playoffs is my favorite time of the year when it comes to watching any sports so let's win this division so I can at least watch my team play at least once regardless of their record entering the playoffs. I think this would be a big boost for moral for the entire Washington nation going into the offseason after we are eliminated from the playoffs and perhaps it will attract the attention of free agents and trades with players who have never tasted a playoff game who want to be a part of trying to take us to the next level.
That is yet another HUGE bonus. This town is literally starving for something like this.

Put it this way, there are a hell of a lot more Deans than Dads in this town, lol

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, lets go with the 6 win scenario...which is where I think we will likely end. Now add in the boost to the locker room, smart FA and a good draft with a little luck...as the best case scenario.

Now the 9 win scenario, which is

Which situation do you want?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive already explained that twice.

That is WHY my opinion has changed. New data!

LOOk at the cluster of 1-2 win teams there are this year. That’s going to affect draft status as much, if not more than actually winning this shite division with 6 or 7 wins at this point.

If we get fined for the harassment thing, it might not matter anyway. Have to factor that in as well.

I agree, let's worry about the draft when it's time to draft since we're not going to get one of the top draft picks either way.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, let's worry about the draft when it's time to draft since we're not going to get one of the top draft picks either way.
Bingo

Imo it’s a crap shoot after the top 7 or 8 anyways. Gotta rely and have faith in your scouting dept at that point

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali , which gives you a bigger boost 9 win playoff team or the 6 one ?

A good draft on a 6 win no playoff team is better then a good draft with a 6 win playoff team as I have shown

Higher picks with a good draft nets better players that’s why winning teams don’t pick first

Now a professional that chest thumps over a 6- 10. Playoff appearance needs to take their shabby standards ass out the door because a real man knows what that is unless he is a blue falcon

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good draft on a 6 win no playoff team is better then a good draft with a 6 win playoff team as I have shown.
And I have told you I think the boost to morale, town, fan base and team more than offsets.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali , which gives you a bigger boost 9 win playoff team or the 6 one ?

A good draft on a 6 win no playoff team is better then a good draft with a 6 win playoff team as I have shown

Higher picks with a good draft nets better players that’s why winning teams don’t pick first

Now a professional that chest thumps over a 6- 10. Playoff appearance needs to take their shabby standards ass out the door because a real man knows what that is unless he is a blue falcon
First LOL that’s hilarious!!!!

Maybe Dean but this is laughable in terms of me and most of this board.

Chest thumpers... lmao...we are about as beaten and down trodden as I’ve ever seen this fan base and as posters there’s an air of negativity and cynicism that is rightly prevalent with so many years of losing mentality fandom.

Yeah, I don’t think most will care if they had a choice between a division title or 3 more years of rebuild...when somebody HAS to win this division and it could easily be US!

Why the hell should we just grab our ankles and say...oh we are gonna let you grab the food off our table Eagles and shove it where the sun don’t shine...cuz we want better draft order... it’s more logical and sane and reasonable...

I’m downtrodden but not pyshopathic...yet! :pound:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I can respect your version of things, the logic employed and how you feel in terms of fools gold and phony records. Also how you could see it realistically playing out.

I’d love to see that by the way.

But I think we all know that barring some wild happenings (given its 2020 so who the heck knows) to some of the teams we meet, a record of 9-6 is unlikely in this division by any of the teams.

All that said, someone HAS to win this division and we honestly look to be the only road block to the Eagles taking it.

My scenario is predicted on 1) our health vs the division,

2) our D and it’s coming together - obviously they must consistently sustain the growth we’ve seen the past 2 games, which I optimistically see as achievable, even lacking some talent in the secondary and LBs,. The changes in players have already reaped some rewards and I see JDR and RR continuing to tinker. God bless Everett for laying some lumber at Free and Curl has done better than expected at box. Holcomb...what a great bonus having him back. Made a huge difference.

Our front 4 are rockstars and can disrupt most of the Os we are gonna see, if they continue to grow and gel like we’ve been seeing.

3) and an O that actually appears to be a functioning unit that moves the chains and actually scores more than 9-12 points per game. Hopefully Kyle continues to keep the ball safe.

Hopefully they bring in a kicker during the bye. I fully expect it. Hopkins has got to go.

The main thing tho is the number of teams with shitty records. Draft order for us with the number of wins we are likely to realistically expect will already push us out of the top ten REGARDLESS.

You don’t believe in tanking, neither do I, so why the hell not win a division. We are NO worse off for the most part and our guys deserve it at the least if it’s achievable.

Look at it objectively. Look at those teams with shitty records But see how they are playing.

Jets- worst team in football and have pretty much locked up number one overall.

NE- currently has two wins but had a COVID scare that affected Newton. They will not be in contention for a top pick. Has NYJ twice and Chargers

Cinci- has looked good in all games except Balt. They still have 3 NFCE teams and Houston. They will not be picking at top of draft.

Jax- who knows honestly? They have looked good and bad.

Houston- has not looked good but they have talent. Who knows?

Chargers have looked good, even in losses and are getting better. They won’t be top 10.

Denver has not been bad and have played a tough schedule. It is about to get easier. They won’t be high.

Minn- has not been good but have played some good teams right. At a minimum they get four wins.

Atlanta is more of a 4 win team than a 1 win team. 5 minutes to go in the game against Dallas, up by 15, they lose by 1. Just over 6 minutes against Bears, up by 16, lose by 4 after giving up three TDS. Up by 6 against Detroit with one minute, lose by one.

Then there is the NFCE. I wont say much but we beat Philly because of 8 sacks and no OL for them. We beat Dallas because we dominated their leftovers, but we scored only 25 against a team giving up 36. Against every team with a pulse, we lost by double digits. We are not a good football team. We are not an average football team. We are a bad football team.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not an average football team. We are a bad football team.
We are bad...I do not disagree at all...but we are tending towards average...and much quicker than I th9nk most believe.

I realize I’m on the ceiling end of the Optimistic scale.

I admit this is a shite division.

I admit draft order is hurt but have now mentioned a number of times why I think it is offset by numerous Xfactors.

I still maintain THAT SOMEONE HAS TO WIN THIS SHIT DIVISION. And I for one am not gonna root to LOSE IT FOR DRAFT ORDER.

That said, I completely understand those of you that will and WHY you will.

SN - I do not believe we are as close to the bottom of the barrel as most appear to think on this board and I M OKAY with that. I think there are quite a few teams that fall behind us tbh. In fact I will be so bold as to say, in COMPARISON we are closer to average than bottom of the barrel at this moment in time.

Feel free to pillory me after the next 4 games when it all goes to shite as most epseem to believe. I can handle it. And won’t cower from saying I was wrong.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question G...given what you laid out...what draft order do you see us in worst case scenario and best?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta run. Will be back to see what comets of all this...Ta

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are bad...I do not disagree at all...but we are tending towards average...and much quicker than I th9nk most believe.

I realize I’m on the ceiling end of the Optimistic scale.

I admit this is a shite division.

I admit draft order is hurt but have now mentioned a number of times why I think it is offset by numerous Xfactors.

I still maintain THAT SOMEONE HAS TO WIN THIS SHIT DIVISION. And I for one am not gonna root to LOSE IT FOR DRAFT ORDER.

That said, I completely understand those of you that will and WHY you will.

SN - I do not believe we are as close to the bottom of the barrel as most appear to think on this board and I M OKAY with that. I think there are quite a few teams that fall behind us tbh. In fact I will be so bold as to say, in COMPARISON we are closer to average than bottom of the barrel at this moment in time.

Feel free to pillory me after the next 4 games when it all goes to shite as most epseem to believe. I can handle it. And won’t cower from saying I was wrong.

Extremely optimistic. The Dallas game told us absolutely nothing. Dallas was missing their entire OL, their very good QB, and the only thing that was there was the worst defense in NFL history, which we scored 11 less than average on. With Dalton leading drives, dallas has only scored 19 points in 9.5 quarters.

We aren’t trending anywhere good. We were the first victory for the winless NYG. It isnt a good trend to lose by one to a poor winless team, after losing four straight by double digits.

If we win two more games this season, I wont be surprised. We can beat NYG and Dallas, perhaps. I don’t see us beating Cincinatti and I actually expect us to be dominated that game. Games 12-15 will all be double digit losses.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question G...given what you laid out...what draft order do you see us in worst case scenario and best?

I am not sure which is best case, so I will go with two extremes.

NYJ
Wash
NYG
Jax
Minn

or

Washington picks at 21 because we win the division with 5 wins.

What I am hoping for is 9 wins because it means I am completely wrong about the QB position and our OL improved. I actually like our roster as a whole and I think we have some good young pieces. Going into this season, I thought we could get to 10 wins. I was worried about the OL but had hopes DH was the QB we all hoped for. It pisses me off that RR never really gave DH a chance and undermined his chances by bringing in Allen, who I like as a backup. Allen just shouldn’t have been brought here, unless RR was being honest because of COVID and understood Allen would start because of the lack of a preseason. DH had a chance to be the future of this team...Allen has no chance of being that. Instead, we will be looking for our QB of the future again.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You play to win with the current roster. That was the goal at the beginning of the season, and should remain the goal of every individual on the team. It is called professionalism. You do your job. Players play and coaches coach...to the best of their abilities.

From a GM perspective, it isn't about today or tomorrow. It is about long term sustainability. Going out today and buying a guy that may get you one or two more wins is foolish when that only gets you to 6 or 7 wins, if we are lucky.

My personal perspective is we never should have benched DH. It is honestly one of the most perplexing decisions I have EVER seen. He may have been a good QB here. I think you are completely wrong about him being our QB though. I believe bridges have been burned and his career here is done.

As for going out and getting a guy that may help us squeak into the playoffs, while harming future years, I think it is an idea that rivals the stupidity behind benching DH. We are not a good football team. Our OL is poor, we have no run game, and our pass back seven on defense allow far too many big plays. We are not a playoff team, even if we win this division, which is on track for being a record setting division. I think we could easily see a 6 win team win the NFC EAST. That team would have no prayer in the playoffs.
Book mark for later...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres been exactly 1 top 5 or first QB taken quarterback thats won a Super Bowl since the 2000 draft . Only 4 out of 30 have even made a SB. You don't tank in the NFL because taking a QB early doesn't mean shit other than you probably wasted a draft pick

Yeah no guarantee but I feel, as well as others, this draft class of QB's could be special and I think you have as much of a sure thing at QB since Luck (Trevor). Does that guarantee a Super Bowl or even an appearance? Of course not but it still can guarantee a decade long or more of stability where you don't have to think about a QB and can focus on surrounding him. That is always a great feeling.

For example: Matt Ryan was the #1 pick and I think most felt he would be a pretty good one. They were one disaster away from winning a SB. Do you consider his career with the Falcons a success? (Just look past this year and keep an open mind on the question lol)