• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Put the question to a vote

Lawrence, Fields, Lance or 2020 play-off appearance?

• 1. Maintain the current arch towards having that very high draft selection.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2. Make that play-off push, in a putrid division that also puts them out of the top three QB sweeps

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only win we have is the come from behind win vs the eagles that DH started

That should of changed last week. Hopefully it changes tomorrow.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again the D led the comeback versus the Eagles. I do not think 20 yard drives is leading the team back.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an outsider I will tell you I can't believe Allen is playing.

Imo you either roll with Haskins to keep seeing what you've got OR you play Smith

If he's healthy Smith is your best QB. If he's not healthy he shouldn't be on the roster taking up space

There is a zero fucking percent chance in playing Kyle fucking Allen over my first rounder from last year or the only QB in my team who is a proven winner

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's healthy Smith is your best QB. If he's not healthy he shouldn't be on the roster taking up space
And this is the ultimate question.

My take is AS is still knocking off the rust and not in peak post injury form...yet...and RR eventually plans to use him if he needs to. Depends on lots of things tho. Everyone knows AS is gone next year. Contractually Skins are obligated for cap reasons to keep him on the roster this year. No one thought he’d actually want to come back and play.

RR also knows AS is not the future QB of this team, so it’s a balancing act since he’s already determined DH is not gonna be that guy either. Then add the putrid play of the division.

RR is well versed in what Kyle brings to the table, after all he brought him here for security and gave up a 5th rounder for it when he likely could have gotten a better deal.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want a bridge qb CDC is the guy he has a 24 mil cap figure in 21, 26 in 22 and you can cut him

He is only 8.6 mil cap hit in 21 if you cut him and it drops to 4.3 mil in 22

If you ask me Sam Darnold in a trade would offer us the best value and perhaps a young solution

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want a bridge qb CDC is the guy he has a 24 mil cap figure in 21, 26 in 22 and you can cut him

He is only 8.6 mil cap hit in 21 if you cut him and it drops to 4.3 mil in 22

If you ask me Sam Darnold in a trade would offer us the best value and perhaps a young solution
These are excellent points. I’d be willing...if we see AS actually being CDC.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good yo, what's good with you?
I get your point but isn't that an indictment on the coach? I don't understand all of this grittin' about who selected a player. What if it was a general manager who picked him and Rivera didn't like the pick?
Hell naw, his job, isn't one where he gets to "like" a player or not but one where he's charged with taking the talent and getting the best out of each and every one of them.

Here's the thing... Rivera had almost the same ingredients that the current Panther's HC has, and what their new man is getting out of them, Rivera got fired for failing to do the same. Remember, he lost to Washington last year and subsequently was dismissed. So he comes here to do what? Make this team similar to the one that lost to a terrible Washington team? Somebody please tell me what makes this guy, the right one for this team. ( because they couldn't get anyone better won't be accepted. )
I'm cool, homey, just watchin shit unfold and layin low in the cut.

Far as my feelings on Haskins. I can't call it why RR benched Haskins except to say there were unverified reports that he was A) spending too much on social media B) seemed a little too happy after the Baltimore game n bullshitting with Griffin. Overheard in the locker room bragging about his first 300 yard passing C) had a discussion with RR about his QB play and where RR thought improvement was needed. Haskins thought his play was fine. As I said as of right now all these claims as far as I know have been unverified, but right after they came out. It was reported by peeps on twitter that Haskins stopped following certain people, RR, some WFT related site etc.

My gut leads me to believe that some of the claims have validity, which ones, I can't say. And if there is any truth to the claims, particularly Haskins thinking his play was fine or the bragging about his first 300 yard game. Then he needed to be sat down. My biggest reason for thinking Haskins isn't that guy though is because he was handpicked by Snyder and there isn't a single handpicked player by Snyder that has worked for any long term, sustained amount of time. Griffin was a terrible pick, ditto Haynesworth, McNabb so on n so forth. Hell, given some thought. It's very possible RR never wanted to play Haskins. Snyder could've been behind that all along. With this team there's just no way to tell. They (the FO) was never honest on any significant level with the fan-base before. What's to say things have changed, nothing really.

I'm not real happy with Allen being named the starter. I think at best he's a 2nd level backup, but he's also the only QB RR is familiar with. I still believe its possible Alex Smith with eventually be named the starter, but to that I say, to what end. Before the season RR was all about development of players with an eye towards the future. 4 weeks into the season RR starts talking about trying to win the shittiest division in football. Which to me only means coming up with a worse draft pick for next's draft pick leading to the bigger problem. Playing for today as opposed to having an eye on the future.

Far as RR being right for the team. I felt a lot better about that when he was first hired. I figured at least he'd bring with him an actual NFL coaching staff. Looking at the play of the Skins these last 7 weeks. An argument could be that the staff they have now is really no better than any other staff in the Snyder era. A shitty 2-5 record with the only wins coming against other dysfunctional teams. Decent/good Offenses have run n passed all over WFT while decent/good defenses have shut down the offense when necessary.

Basically, just like most every other year during the Snyder era I don't know what to say or think. Except that I doubt very much changes until Snyder is gone, if that's even possible. Everything that man has touched as it concerns the Skins has turned to shit.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beginning to shift my thinking here, given what I’ve seen this team put on the field last 2 games. Bear with me...I KNOW how bad the Gnats and Boys are BUT

Barring injuries...beginning to think with our D...arguably best in the division, certainly our front 4, and imo, definitely the one with the highest ceiling...we are beginning to look like the best of the least, whether we like it or not. Now obviously we have to see what our guys do after the bye...

Given, I never believe in tanking... but we have reason to be optimistic...we’ve got some very winnable games coming up...

I wouldn’t be displeased with winning this shite division if it happened simultaneously with continued growth and improvement from the O, D and ST. To use the latest buzzword being bandied about... if we see improving complementary FB as this season continues, then why shouldn’t our young guns get a division title.

Truth is 7 wins is still most likely for winning the division. (I think it may be just 6 wins tbh. ) And that’s just a hair away from .500. A hella better than 3 -4 wins, which many fans still believe and have continuously stated, on this board, is all this team will end up with this year.

I’ve said from the beginning that I was more optimistic about the ceiling this year (6-7 was my most optimistic, lol)...if luck, injuries, gelling, culture shift and the Football Gods allow, it could actually happen. Now it could all go to shite too.

Thing is...there are a huge number of teams all bundled at the bottom with 1-2 wins only. Someone has to win. And draft pick ain’t gonna be impacted that much with all these shite teams. This is a fact I hadn’t accounted for in my previous thinking.

So there it is, my new thoughts on winning.

HTTR!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beginning to shift my thinking here, given what I’ve seen this team put on the field last 2 games. Bear with me...I KNOW how bad the Gnats and Boys are BUT

Barring injuries...beginning to think with our D...arguably best in the division, certainly our front 4, and imo, definitely the one with the highest ceiling...we are beginning to look like the best of the least, whether we like it or not. Now obviously we have to see what our guys do after the bye...

Given, I never believe in tanking... but we have reason to be optimistic...we’ve got some very winnable games coming up...

I wouldn’t be displeased with winning this shite division if it happened simultaneously with continued growth and improvement from the O, D and ST. To use the latest buzzword being bandied about... if we see improving complementary FB as this season continues, then why shouldn’t our young guns get a division title.

Truth is 7 wins is still most likely for winning the division. (I think it may be just 6 wins tbh. ) And that’s just a hair away from .500. A hella better than 3 -4 wins, which many fans still believe and have continuously stated, on this board, is all this team will end up with this year.

I’ve said from the beginning that I was more optimistic about the ceiling this year (6-7 was my most optimistic, lol)...if luck, injuries, gelling, culture shift and the Football Gods allow, it could actually happen. Now it could all go to shite too.

Thing is...there are a huge number of teams all bundled at the bottom with 1-2 wins only. Someone has to win. And draft pick ain’t gonna be impacted that much with all these shite teams. This is a fact I hadn’t accounted for in my previous thinking.

HTTR!
If we make the playoffs as a 9 win team I am on board .

It reaches a standard of excellence that a playoff team should have

And really can you say you are a good team if you can’t compete with winning teams . The falsehood in that should be obvious .

Now dean likes to bring up the 2010 Seattle Seahawks and how they had a 7-9 and won a playoff game . What he doesn’t tell you is the went 7-9 the following year and didn’t make it

RR had his panthers go 7-8-1 and they made the playoffs. The lost round one . They went 15-1, the next year and then the bottom fell out because it was fools gold

Now if you look at our schedule the only 2 teams I see that we can’t beat is Seattle and the steelers

The rest we can win . We are currently 2-5 . So if we go 7-2. Then you have a legit playoff team

A 6 win team is a top 10 pick . If it’s a playoff team it goes to 18 at best and you could have quite a few teams with better records picking ahead of us . Long term it isn’t in our best interests to do that

Now if I am a coach or fan I say go for the 9 wins or win as many as you can but don’t come to me about being a legit playoff team if you are under 9 wins because it’s phony

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I can respect your version of things, the logic employed and how you feel in terms of fools gold and phony records. Also how you could see it realistically playing out.

I’d love to see that by the way.

But I think we all know that barring some wild happenings (given its 2020 so who the heck knows) to some of the teams we meet, a record of 9-6 is unlikely in this division by any of the teams.

All that said, someone HAS to win this division and we honestly look to be the only road block to the Eagles taking it.

My scenario is predicted on 1) our health vs the division,

2) our D and it’s coming together - obviously they must consistently sustain the growth we’ve seen the past 2 games, which I optimistically see as achievable, even lacking some talent in the secondary and LBs,. The changes in players have already reaped some rewards and I see JDR and RR continuing to tinker. God bless Everett for laying some lumber at Free and Curl has done better than expected at box. Holcomb...what a great bonus having him back. Made a huge difference.

Our front 4 are rockstars and can disrupt most of the Os we are gonna see, if they continue to grow and gel like we’ve been seeing.

3) and an O that actually appears to be a functioning unit that moves the chains and actually scores more than 9-12 points per game. Hopefully Kyle continues to keep the ball safe.

Hopefully they bring in a kicker during the bye. I fully expect it. Hopkins has got to go.

The main thing tho is the number of teams with shitty records. Draft order for us with the number of wins we are likely to realistically expect will already push us out of the top ten REGARDLESS.

You don’t believe in tanking, neither do I, so why the hell not win a division. We are NO worse off for the most part and our guys deserve it at the least if it’s achievable.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And really can you say you are a good team if you can’t compete with winning teams . The falsehood in that should be obvious .
If your young and actually growing and getting more competitive ...I have no problem with this at all. Still fits into your 3 yr plan imo

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if you look at our schedule the only 2 teams I see that we can’t beat is Seattle and the steelers

The rest we can win . We are currently 2-5 . So if we go 7-2. Then you have a legit playoff team
I WANT THIS!!!!! YEEEESSSS!!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your young and actually growing and getting more competitive ...I have no problem with this at all. Still fits into your 3 yr plan imo
It hurts the plan because of the draft

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hurts the plan because of the draft
Ive already explained that twice.

That is WHY my opinion has changed. New data!

LOOk at the cluster of 1-2 win teams there are this year. That’s going to affect draft status as much, if not more than actually winning this shite division with 6 or 7 wins at this point.

If we get fined for the harassment thing, it might not matter anyway. Have to factor that in as well.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HTTR!

After reading all of this . . . . . you've got me dizzy . . . . . but I agree!

My biggest concern with what you have spelled out is our game coming up with the Eagles. They will have revenge on their minds and same season revenge in division play is deadly in most cases with both teams being about equal in power ratings and the Eagles have the edge here too. I haven't really looked at the Eagles remaining schedule outside the division as I type this but I know we've got a few games left outside the division that don't look too promising. I will be pissed if that tie the Eagles had earlier wins our division for them.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading all of this . . . . . you've got me dizzy . . . . . but I agree!

My biggest concern with what you have spelled out is our game coming up with the Eagles. They will have revenge on their minds and same season revenge in division play is deadly in most cases with both teams being about equal in power ratings and the Eagles have the edge here too. I haven't really looked at the Eagles remaining schedule outside the division as I type this but I know we've got a few games left outside the division that don't look too promising. I will be pissed if that tie the Eagles had earlier wins our division for them.
We have a softer schedule til the end of the season and who the heck knows if Carson even makes it with all his hero ball stuff. Week to week league and all that blah blah blah...

We can only look at the game in front of us and control what our team does and how our team plays and grows. I think RR has these guys on the right track playing for TEAM and each other. That’s a big X factor too.

Tbh, I see the last game of the year (which is the Eagles btw) being for the division myself.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive already explained that twice.

That is WHY my opinion has changed. New data!

LOOk at the cluster of 1-2 win teams there are this year. That’s going to affect draft status as much, if not more than actually winning this shite division with 6 or 7 wins at this point.

If we get fined for the harassment thing, it might not matter anyway. Have to factor that in as well.
Fined doesn’t affect anything , losing picks can .also the clusters will sort
Out and it affects all rounds of the draft

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fined doesn’t affect anything , losing picks can .also the clusters will sort
Out and it affects all rounds of the draft
MAYBE the clusters will sort out, maybe this is an anomaly year. Covid, lack of preseason and injuries have shaped this season far differently than an average year, imo

Part of the potential fine IS the possibility of a lost draft pick.