• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Put the question to a vote

Lawrence, Fields, Lance or 2020 play-off appearance?

• 1. Maintain the current arch towards having that very high draft selection.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2. Make that play-off push, in a putrid division that also puts them out of the top three QB sweeps

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that implying that losing is NOT in their mindset for big picture reasons...ever...or I DONT want them as my coaching staff.
Didn’t say that . I was talking about standards and any coach worth a damn won’t accept. 6 wins as a playoff standard not should he

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Cali the reason losing teams pick ahead of winning teams is better players get taken first . That doesn’t mean you don’t scout and find guys but getting first crack at your guys is an advantage
But it ain’t HAPPENING. That’s my point. We ARE not getting a top 5, and here we may disagree but a good scouting team can get you a good player at 20 vs 8 that is more than offset by the Xfactors of culture, winning mentality that is earned with a title no matter the record. And it is a WIN/WIN if we are seeing this team growing and developing and just happening to win a shitty division along the way.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok then because I was pretty sure we were talking about 6 vs 9 wins and what is legit . I am sorry I misunderstood
Excellent. We are finally on the same page again! Cheers! Phew...my fingers are tired...lol

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t say that . I was talking about standards and any coach worth a damn won’t accept. 6 wins as a playoff standard not should he
Absolutely. Neither did I say that...see above for what I was trying to say.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you were saying that winning 6 games would be good for the team , fan base Etc . If we won the division .

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you were saying that winning 6 games would be good for the team , fan base Etc . If we won the division .
I AM saying that this would bring joy to the fan base. They ain’t gonna care about our standard of excellence.

Now you and I aren’t gonna be satisfied unless we see this team consistently moving in the direction of a true standard of excellence, stability and decision making

But that is another thing altogether.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I AM saying that this would bring joy to the fan base. They ain’t gonna care about our standard of excellence.

Now you and I aren’t gonna be satisfied unless we see this team consistently moving in the direction of a true standard of excellence, stability and decision making

But that is another thing altogether.
and i agree but i ddint move the goalposts to coaching staff etc . i said making the playoffs means you meet a certain standard . 6 wins isnt it i did say draft position is highly affected for the warm and fuzzy of getting blown out in game one which in the long term isnt to our advantage long term and selling me the big Yippie of making the playoffs when you arent worthy of it doesnt excite me

and the thing is we can reach the standard of 9 wins . we have a punchers chance at that

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hell with playing for that high draft pick. That guarantees nothing. I say with Cowboys who were favored now out of the running (I mean lets be serious,, might not win another game) and Philly who we have already beaten... bottom line,,, in this shitty division lets push hard to win the east and get a home playoff game. Anything can happen.... just ask the Seattle Seahawks,,, werent they once 7-9 and got to the dance,,, maybe im wrong,,,but still,,, anything can happen. Why take a chance on a high draft pick for QB,, signed RG3. Play for the now.... solid defense and Im not sure this Kyle kid cant be really good with more games played. Hell,,, what better way to rename your team than with a SB win... and you cant get that chance by laying an egg for a maybe QB savior. Win now baby.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i agree but i ddint move the goalposts to coaching staff etc . i said making the playoffs means you meet a certain standard . 6 wins isnt it i did say draft position is highly affected for the warm and fuzzy of getting blown out in game one which in the long term isnt to our advantage long term and selling me the big Yippie of making the playoffs when you arent worthy of it doesnt excite me

and the thing is we can reach the standard of 9 wins . we have a punchers chance at that

Thing is, I haven’t been trying to sway you from your opinion at all.

Just defending mine. And why I have changed my mind about some things.

What I get from all this is...

You’re entrenched in your opinion. Which by the way I’m fine with...cuz who doesn’t want 10 wins...and opinions vary.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hell with playing for that high draft pick. That guarantees nothing. I say with Cowboys who were favored now out of the running (I mean lets be serious,, might not win another game) and Philly who we have already beaten... bottom line,,, in this shitty division lets push hard to win the east and get a home playoff game. Anything can happen.... just ask the Seattle Seahawks,,, werent they once 7-9 and got to the dance,,, maybe im wrong,,,but still,,, anything can happen. Why take a chance on a high draft pick for QB,, signed RG3. Play for the now.... solid defense and Im not sure this Kyle kid cant be really good with more games played. Hell,,, what better way to rename your team than with a SB win... and you cant get that chance by laying an egg for a maybe QB savior. Win now baby.
Well I agree with ya but I’ll let Dad educate you on his theory about all this. Tho I’m pretty sure at this point we all KNOW my opinion and his. :pound:

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I agree with ya but I’ll let Dad educate you on his theory about all this. Tho I’m pretty sure at this point we all KNOW my opinion and his. :pound:
So dad thinks if we go 6and 9 and win the east (thats sounds crazy to say but this is a crazy year) we dont deserve the playoffs... and he'd forfeit em if he could. Well he did tell me he had covid earlier in year,,, maybe that virus clouds your sensibility. Listen, if we were 3-8 and 4 games out of 1st then of course id say play for a high draft pick,,, but hell,,, we're 2 and 5 and in the hunt for the east...lol. Ya gotta play to win the east dad and get a playoff spot,,, even at 5 and 12... if that gets you in than so be it. Nah,,, u deserve the playoffs at any record. If you win your division at 3 and 13 then you in baby. Dem da rules. The hell with proudness and pride.... u in the dance.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman Edwards - you play to win the game.

No matter what your record is you draft, you sign FAs, you do whatever you can to get better. That's the game.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, I haven’t been trying to sway you from your opinion at all.

Just defending mine. And why I have changed my mind about some things.

What I get from all this is...

You’re entrenched in your opinion. Which by the way I’m fine with...cuz who doesn’t want 10 wins...and opinions vary.
Well I am defending mine

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say play for a draft pick . I said a losing record doesn’t meet the standard for the playoffs

Don’t conflate the 2, it’s not like i am going to piss in the corner if we make the playoffs with 6 wins .

But there are ramifications for that so why not advocate for 9 wins (which we can get ) and make the playoffs as a legit winning team instead of telling you telling yourself your the shit when in fact you are urine ?

If you try to get 9 and fall short and still make it , great but again don’t sell me urine and call it wine.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not about the playoffs. Should it happen (not betting on that) great. I am looking for a team that looks like it is trying hard even if it is a few players short. I believe that is what most of us hoped for with the coaching change.

They are doing what I thought they would. They have tried some guys and if it isn't working they are trying some other guys. This is what I expected.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not about the playoffs. Should it happen (not betting on that) great. I am looking for a team that looks like it is trying hard even if it is a few players short. I believe that is what most of us hoped for with the coaching change.

They are doing what I thought they would. They have tried some guys and if it isn't working they are trying some other guys. This is what I expected.

Exactly , try to win but understand what is happening

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cool, homey, just watchin shit unfold and layin low in the cut.

Far as my feelings on Haskins. I can't call it why RR benched Haskins except to say there were unverified reports that he was A) spending too much on social media B) seemed a little too happy after the Baltimore game n bullshitting with Griffin. Overheard in the locker room bragging about his first 300 yard passing C) had a discussion with RR about his QB play and where RR thought improvement was needed. Haskins thought his play was fine. As I said as of right now all these claims as far as I know have been unverified, but right after they came out. It was reported by peeps on twitter that Haskins stopped following certain people, RR, some WFT related site etc.

My gut leads me to believe that some of the claims have validity, which ones, I can't say. And if there is any truth to the claims, particularly Haskins thinking his play was fine or the bragging about his first 300 yard game. Then he needed to be sat down. My biggest reason for thinking Haskins isn't that guy though is because he was handpicked by Snyder and there isn't a single handpicked player by Snyder that has worked for any long term, sustained amount of time. Griffin was a terrible pick, ditto Haynesworth, McNabb so on n so forth. Hell, given some thought. It's very possible RR never wanted to play Haskins. Snyder could've been behind that all along. With this team there's just no way to tell. They (the FO) was never honest on any significant level with the fan-base before. What's to say things have changed, nothing really.

I'm not real happy with Allen being named the starter. I think at best he's a 2nd level backup, but he's also the only QB RR is familiar with. I still believe its possible Alex Smith with eventually be named the starter, but to that I say, to what end. Before the season RR was all about development of players with an eye towards the future. 4 weeks into the season RR starts talking about trying to win the shittiest division in football. Which to me only means coming up with a worse draft pick for next's draft pick leading to the bigger problem. Playing for today as opposed to having an eye on the future.

Far as RR being right for the team. I felt a lot better about that when he was first hired. I figured at least he'd bring with him an actual NFL coaching staff. Looking at the play of the Skins these last 7 weeks. An argument could be that the staff they have now is really no better than any other staff in the Snyder era. A shitty 2-5 record with the only wins coming against other dysfunctional teams. Decent/good Offenses have run n passed all over WFT while decent/good defenses have shut down the offense when necessary.

Basically, just like most every other year during the Snyder era I don't know what to say or think. Except that I doubt very much changes until Snyder is gone, if that's even possible. Everything that man has touched as it concerns the Skins has turned to shit.
Because my response was very long, I posted it in my new thread about Ron Rivera.I would appreciate your input. Thanks!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I said was true