• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Put the question to a vote

Lawrence, Fields, Lance or 2020 play-off appearance?

• 1. Maintain the current arch towards having that very high draft selection.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2. Make that play-off push, in a putrid division that also puts them out of the top three QB sweeps

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the NFL Playoffs is my favorite time of the year when it comes to watching any sports so let's win this division so I can at least watch my team play at least once regardless of their record entering the playoffs. I think this would be a big boost for moral for the entire Washington nation going into the offseason after we are eliminated from the playoffs and perhaps it will attract the attention of free agents and trades with players who have never tasted a playoff game who want to be a part of trying to take us to the next level.
Tmac's speech in the locker room after the win tells me ALL players/coaches in that locker room are playing to win regardless of who takes the field.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never agreed with tanking but I don't recall a team just deliberately tanking. Usually it is because either: A. the team sucks and they don't good QB play B. Option A and/or the front office and coaching is awful C. All the above and injuries, etc.

You win as many games as you can but there is a point where you have to look to the future and what is best for the future. I've said pretty much from day 1 Washington isn't bad enough to win only 1 or 2 games like the Jets. I said anywhere from 4-6 wins bc they have so many talented, young players on defense alone. You can't be happy with winning a division with maybe 6 wins but sometimes you can't help being just a below average to mediocre team. Get lucky with the 9th or 10th pick...but I never thought they would be in the Lawrence conversation anyway but guys emerge and surprises happen. Fields, Trask, Lance, etc.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no guarantee but I feel, as well as others, this draft class of QB's could be special and I think you have as much of a sure thing at QB since Luck (Trevor). Does that guarantee a Super Bowl or even an appearance? Of course not but it still can guarantee a decade long or more of stability where you don't have to think about a QB and can focus on surrounding him. That is always a great feeling.

For example: Matt Ryan was the #1 pick and I think most felt he would be a pretty good one. They were one disaster away from winning a SB. Do you consider his career with the Falcons a success? (Just look past this year and keep an open mind on the question lol)
I love Ryan . He's a HoFer in my opinion but like 50%+ of the Atlanta fam base hates him with a passion and consider his career a failure. Thats my point to them though . If you consider Ryan a failure when he is unequivocally one of the 2 best careers of a top QB pick in the last 20 years then what kind of bar are you setting for the next guy ?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extremely optimistic. The Dallas game told us absolutely nothing. Dallas was missing their entire OL, their very good QB, and the only thing that was there was the worst defense in NFL history, which we scored 11 less than average on. With Dalton leading drives, dallas has only scored 19 points in 9.5 quarters.

We aren’t trending anywhere good. We were the first victory for the winless NYG. It isnt a good trend to lose by one to a poor winless team, after losing four straight by double digits.

If we win two more games this season, I wont be surprised. We can beat NYG and Dallas, perhaps. I don’t see us beating Cincinatti and I actually expect us to be dominated that game. Games 12-15 will all be double digit losses.
Listen to this with an open mind and then tell me your thoughts...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First LOL that’s hilarious!!!!

Maybe Dean but this is laughable in terms of me and most of this board.

Chest thumpers... lmao...we are about as beaten and down trodden as I’ve ever seen this fan base and as posters there’s an air of negativity and cynicism that is rightly prevalent with so many years of losing mentality fandom.

Yeah, I don’t think most will care if they had a choice between a division title or 3 more years of rebuild...when somebody HAS to win this division and it could easily be US!

Why the hell should we just grab our ankles and say...oh we are gonna let you grab the food off our table Eagles and shove it where the sun don’t shine...cuz we want better draft order... it’s more logical and sane and reasonable...

I’m downtrodden but not pyshopathic...yet! :pound:
You did say it was good for the team right ? You know the professionals who should know what standards are ? You and dean are
Fans . You can have shit standards . But to say it’s good for team and the players i think is a reach

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did say it was good for the team right ? You know the professionals who should know what standards are ? You and dean are
Fans . You can have shit standards . But to say it’s good for team and the players i think is a reach
Talk to RR, the players and coaching staff of a PROFESSIONAL football team...we hope at last. Tell me what THEY say and or believe.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Ryan . He's a HoFer in my opinion but like 50%+ of the Atlanta fam base hates him with a passion and consider his career a failure. Thats my point to them though . If you consider Ryan a failure when he is unequivocally one of the 2 best careers of a top QB pick in the last 20 years then what kind of bar are you setting for the next guy ?

Yeah, no way has he been a failure. I would take that for a Browns QB career any day of the week

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Ok, lets go with the 6 win scenario...which is where I think we will likely end. Now add in the boost to the locker room, smart FA and a good draft with a little luck...as the best case scenario.

This is what I am referring to

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk to RR, the players and coaching staff of a PROFESSIONAL football team...we hope at last. Tell me what THEY say and or believe.
Again if that is their standard then that is the problem

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Ok, lets go with the 6 win scenario...which is where I think we will likely end. Now add in the boost to the locker room, smart FA and a good draft with a little luck...as the best case scenario.

This is what I am referring to
Look that’s where we likely end up...so none of this top 5 pick biz is likely to be in play regardless. I don’t get ur hypothetical here. Let’s deal with reality.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look that’s where we likely end up...so none of this top 5 pick biz is likely to be in play regardless. I don’t get ur hypothetical here. Let’s deal with reality.
Top ten is in play

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again if that is their standard then that is the problem
Who says it’s their standard? Honestly, it’s like we are talking thru a fog. NOOne believes that’s a standard. It just how this season is playing out. I guess we shouldn’t try and I,prove at all then, just put DH back in...even tho that is t even an option. Lord you sound like a grumpy old man with an agenda right now...and I know that is t who you are.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top ten is in play
Oh I see, top 10 vs top 20. Guaranteed knock it out of the park difference there for a good scouting team...which you’ve been arguing hard that we have...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen if you can make the playoffs you'd always prefer that. Anything can happen in the playoffs. Teams get hot and rattle off wins all the time . Giants , Packers , Cards , Titans all have made it to league title games or further the last 15 years as 6 seeds. Say Waah gets the 4 seed and plays the Bears in DC . You're telling me you can't win that game ? Then the next week you go to Seattle and RW breaks his leg first quarter or some other freaky shit. Stuff happens. Theres no way you pass up playoff berth if it's feasible you can get it

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen if you can make the playoffs you'd always prefer that. Anything can happen in the playoffs. Teams get hot and title off wins all the time . Giants , Packers , Cards , Titans all have made it to league title games or further the last 15 years as 6 seeds. Say Waah gets the 4 seed and plays the Bears in DC . You're telling me you can't win that game ? Then the next week you go to Seattle and RW breaks his leg first quarter or some other freaky shit. Stuff happens. Theres no way you pass up playoff berth if it's feasible you can get it
Of course.

And that bEars scenario is exactly what I possibly envisioned...

And Dad knows that and doesn’t believe in tanking anyway. This is about a standard of excellence (that I agree with btw) that’s not achievable for anyone in this division this year. If it was any other year, this would not even be an issue of dissent between he and i

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says it’s their standard? Honestly, it’s like we are talking thru a fog. NOOne believes that’s a standard. It just how this season is playing out. I guess we shouldn’t try and I,prove at all then, just put DH back in...even tho that is t even an option. Lord you sound like a grumpy old man with an agenda right now...and I know that is t who you are.
Aren’t we talking about a 6 win team being a legit playoff team ? Arent
We talking about what is better ? A 6 win team being in the playoffs or a 6 win team not being in the playoffs ?

Didn’t you say ask the coaches and Fo about what they think about 6 wins as a way of validating your point ?

Now if a coach thinks 6 wins is playoff worthy then he has a standards issue . Playoffs are
A measure of excellence and 6/10 is not near excellence

There is no agenda but not accepting that standard . That’s the only agenda . Haskins doesn’t enter into it

Draft position does matter , more then the short warm and fuzzy you get from getting blown out of a playoff game

The staff and players shouldn’t kid themselves about what they are

Fans can though

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren’t we talking about a 6 win team being a legit playoff team
No we are talking about what is likely to win a shite division. That’s all we’ve ever been talking about. Not about a standard of excellence or what is legit. I mean who thinks 6 is fab. It’s pathetic. But you roll with what the year gives you.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I see, top 10 vs top 20. Guaranteed knock it out of the park difference there for a good scouting team...which you’ve been arguing hard that we have...
Again Cali the reason losing teams pick ahead of winning teams is better players get taken first . That doesn’t mean you don’t scout and find guys but getting first crack at your guys is an advantage

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t you say ask the coaches and Fo about what they think about 6 wins as a way of validating your point ?
I said that implying that losing is NOT in their mindset for big picture reasons...ever...or I DONT want them as my coaching staff.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we are talking about what is likely to win a shite division. That’s all we’ve ever been talking about. Not about a standard of excellence or what is legit. I mean who thinks 6 is fab. It’s pathetic. But you roll with what the year gives you.
Ok then because I was pretty sure we were talking about 6 vs 9 wins and what is legit . I am sorry I misunderstood