• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Put the question to a vote

Lawrence, Fields, Lance or 2020 play-off appearance?

• 1. Maintain the current arch towards having that very high draft selection.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2. Make that play-off push, in a putrid division that also puts them out of the top three QB sweeps

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c of RR bone head call. Allen came back and tied the game.
Whatever Dean. Whatever you want to believe. I’m on board with Kyle giving is a better shot to win for the SHORT term. Perhaps he all of a sudden stops pressing and becomes a ball security hog...I doubt it for the LONG term.

And for the record...IF Kyle can control his TO nature, we should be able to score 30 points this week on Dallas and win. Which I think we will but that is one of the critical points. As well as a fierce blitzing plan and a solid run game...even if it’s screens with YAC. Also, Cooley mentioned that runs to the outside would be more successful tho it likely won’t matter vs the Boys since they’ve completely failed against runs up the middle to date.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see you back stymie !!

Glad everything is well with you and the family

Number one but here is my thing . We need to be winning or losing games with Haskins at qb , I don’t need to see what Rex has I know what Allen is .

If Haskins is EJ Manuel then let’s see it but being a 6 win playoff team is an embarrassment and my standard for a playoff team should be at least have a winning record . Now some are proud if their low , bitch like standard and they can have it

I don’t agree with tanking , win as much as you can , but let’s not be urine and pretend we are wine
I understand, and I also noticed that you guys and lady have been talking about this. So, of course I spent time reading the thread from beginning to end. It looks as if you and Dean disagree over this question.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m the same as Dad with this being the only difference. DH and that ship has sailed imo. QB of the future likely isn’t on the roster. Kyle is our QB2 of the future. We should get a QB in rounds 2 or 3 and develop him. Get a bridge QB while they learn. Matt Ryan is my number 1 choice.

And I give RR a huge pass cuz of the cancer but am annoyed with his pressers and mixed messinging. Wish he’d say nothing rather than share some of his thoughts that are non sensical and not backed by his actions on the field.
I understand your reasoning, perhaps we should exchange POV's on that as well.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres been exactly 1 top 5 or first QB taken quarterback thats won a Super Bowl since the 2000 draft . Only 4 out of 30 have even made a SB. You don't tank in the NFL because taking a QB early doesn't mean shit other than you probably wasted a draft pick
This, in part is why I believe it a mistake to part ways with Haskins.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your reasoning, perhaps we should exchange POV's on that as well.
Well dad pointed out that Matt would be quite expensive. I’d only want him with a more team friendly deal myself. Maybe Tyrod then. How much would he cost? Or A combo of Fitz and Kyle alternating when Fitz goes into a TO frenzy...we can them alternate with TO Kyle

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, in part is why I believe it a mistake to part ways with Haskins.
It is likely not our choice. Then again stranger things have happened. DH has really hurt himself with some of the press leaking out about him. Guess time will tell the story

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the benching was the right call. I don't see RR benching Allen unless he really flops. His 1st full game last week had its up and downs but that last comeback drive showed me something about the kid. He doent get rattled after turnovers.
I'm 99.99% sure that you're going to see AS against the goatropers tomorrow.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 99.99% sure that you're going to see AS against the goatropers tomorrow.
Quite possibly. If Kyle becomes a TO king, I could see RR doing that in a heartbeat. I posited earlier in the season that RR might have a secret plan to use each QB for 4 games to really evaluate what he has.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I'm on multiple Falcons boards and like half our fans HATE Matt Ryan and want to "tank" for a QB. Its hysterical. I'm like " so you want to tank in order to draft a QB who has like a 1% chance to even be as good as the guy we've already got who you think sucks ??"

Its preposterous. Persobally if im Washington ( or really any team in the running for a top 5 pick right now ) and I get a high pick in trading back and getting 3 or 4 picks for it.

If you go 3-13 its because you've got a LOT of holes. Build your team around the QB then when you've got a good core you draft your franchise QB.

Then you're giving him a chance to win when he's still on his rookie deal and because he's cheap you can build around him

Taking a QB when the rest of your team isn't ready to win accomplishes 2 things. First you destroy your QBs confidence with loss after loss and 2nd you have no clue if he's actually any good or not so now you've got to decide whether to pay him once his rookie deal is up based off poor info

Like do we really know Darnold sucks ? I sure don't. Hes had no real shot to be on a team with a competitive roster. What do you do if you're the Jets? Same with Haskins and Jones .

Personally I love what KC did. Build , build , build for 4 or 5 years then when you see your guy you do whatever it takes to go get him
Washington won SB's with Theesman, Rypien and a shell of Doug William's at the helmet. You would think that if there was one team that knew how to win SB's with decent QB's behind great offensive lines and stout defenses, this would be one of them.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington won SB's with Theesman, Rypien and a shell of Doug William's at the helmet. You would think that if there was one team that knew how to win SB's with decent QB's behind great offensive lines and stout defenses, this would be one of them.
Xactly... that is I f your old as the hills NS can remember...barely...like us ;)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well dad pointed out that Matt would be quite expensive. I’d only want him with a more team friendly deal myself. Maybe Tyrod then. How much would he cost? Or A combo of Fitz and Kyle alternating when Fitz goes into a TO frenzy...we can them alternate with TO Kyle
Consider this for a moment. You believe that Haskins is done here, but what has he really done beyond acting like a typical 22-23 year old in the era of social media? Rivera, doesn't like it, but that says more about his unwillingness or inability to work with the kind of people that bone headed, know it all, tell it all, 22- 23 year olds are today. You give up on the kid now when everyone in the world knows that he won't come into his own until another year or so. Build the team around him, if he never realizes his potential, then with your team set, or nearly set, you go get a QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Showed me we can win with the guy and knows the offense better than DH.
the only win we have is the come from behind win vs the eagles that DH started

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the benching was the right call. I don't see RR benching Allen unless he really flops. His 1st full game last week had its up and downs but that last comeback drive showed me something about the kid. He doent get rattled after turnovers.
Alex Smith will make an appearance against the goat-ropers tomorrow.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider this for a moment. You believe that Haskins is done here, but what has he really done beyond acting like a typical 22-23 year old in the era of social media? Rivera, doesn't like it, but that says more about his unwillingness or inability to work with the kind of people that bone headed, know it all, tell it all, 22- 23 year olds are today. You give up on the kid now when everyone in the world knows that he won't come into his own until another year or so. Build the team around him, if he never realizes his potential, then with your team set, or nearly set, you go get a QB.
See that’s just it. I’d put him back in. But I ain’t the coach. Or the locker room. I don’t see what happens at practice or know what the heck ‘poor practice and study habits’ really means. Covid changed everything for all teams. Life ain’t fair. All I care about at this point is moving forward.

Btw...DH was just fined by the Skins for not following COVID protocol on the last travel weekend. Sheesh. The kid wasn’t even dressing. Obviously a huge issue with something...possibly just following the rules like everybody else. Does t bode well imo.