• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Put the question to a vote

Lawrence, Fields, Lance or 2020 play-off appearance?

• 1. Maintain the current arch towards having that very high draft selection.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2. Make that play-off push, in a putrid division that also puts them out of the top three QB sweeps

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I'm on multiple Falcons boards and like half our fans HATE Matt Ryan and want to "tank" for a QB. Its hysterical. I'm like " so you want to tank in order to draft a QB who has like a 1% chance to even be as good as the guy we've already got who you think sucks ??"

Its preposterous. Persobally if im Washington ( or really any team in the running for a top 5 pick right now ) and I get a high pick in trading back and getting 3 or 4 picks for it.

If you go 3-13 its because you've got a LOT of holes. Build your team around the QB then when you've got a good core you draft your franchise QB.

Then you're giving him a chance to win when he's still on his rookie deal and because he's cheap you can build around him

Taking a QB when the rest of your team isn't ready to win accomplishes 2 things. First you destroy your QBs confidence with loss after loss and 2nd you have no clue if he's actually any good or not so now you've got to decide whether to pay him once his rookie deal is up based off poor info

Like do we really know Darnold sucks ? I sure don't. Hes had no real shot to be on a team with a competitive roster. What do you do if you're the Jets? Same with Haskins and Jones .

Personally I love what KC did. Build , build , build for 4 or 5 years then when you see your guy you do whatever it takes to go get him
we actually have posters on this board who wont advocate that kind of patience

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we actually have posters on this board who wont advocate that kind of patience
To be fair most franchises don't have the ownership, GM and coach stability to do it BUT thats not because they can't its because they don't want to . Personally I'm never taking a QB top 10 UNLESS I'm trading up from the 20s or 30s to get him. The list if teams picking top 5 who are only a QB awat from being really good is real fucking short historically

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair most franchises don't have the ownership, GM and coach stability to do it BUT thats not because they can't its because they don't want to . Personally I'm never taking a QB top 10 UNLESS I'm trading up from the 20s or 30s to get him. The list if teams picking top 5 who are only a QB awat from being really good is real fucking short historically
Most teams don’t have Danny Boy...nothing else really matters tbh

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that’s just it. I’d put him back in. But I ain’t the coach. Or the locker room. I don’t see what happens at practice or know what the heck ‘poor practice and study habits’ really means. Covid changed everything for all teams. Life ain’t fair. All I care about at this point is moving forward.

Btw...DH was just fined by the Skins for not following COVID protocol on the last travel weekend. Sheesh. The kid wasn’t even dressing. Obviously a huge issue with something...possibly just following the rules like everybody else. Does t bode well imo.
I honestly don't see how you lose with that young man playing. He either plays himself into a more permanent , future role with the team or he put the team in position to draft high. There is a third option that has him tapping into that potential AND the team still drafting high. I just hope that someone feels brave enough to tell Rivera that he has a talentless team right now and that his exit may come sooner than expected if he continues to be the same guy that he was in Carolina.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider this for a moment. You believe that Haskins is done here, but what has he really done beyond acting like a typical 22-23 year old in the era of social media? Rivera, doesn't like it, but that says more about his unwillingness or inability to work with the kind of people that bone headed, know it all, tell it all, 22- 23 year olds are today. You give up on the kid now when everyone in the world knows that he won't come into his own until another year or so. Build the team around him, if he never realizes his potential, then with your team set, or nearly set, you go get a QB.

What up, playboy. How you doin? Well, I hope.

Haskins is done for one reason and one reason only. He was personally handpicked by Snyder. Far as a football career goes when that happens. That's like looking Medusa in the eyeballs. Saying Candy Man's name 3 times. Getting your tickets at the race track already torn up after you just paid for em. Zigging when you shoulda zagged. Haskins is done. So it's option # 1 for me homey

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't see how you lose with that toung man playing. He either plays himself into a more permanent , future role with the team or he put the team in position to draft high. There is a third option that has him tapping into that potential AND the team still drafting high. I just hope that someone feels brave enough to tell Rivera that he has a talentless team right now and that his exit may come sooner than expected if he continues to be the same guy that he was in Carolina.
As I said I’m with ya. But obviously RR is seeing something different. Playing DH is a win/win in my book but he is QB3 and all the wishin in the world isn’t changing that...at least not for to,orrows game. RR is gonna go to AS before DH ever even has a chance to sniff the field again, imo.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haskins is done for one reason and one reason only. He was personally handpicked by Snyder. Far as a football career goes when that happens. That's like looking Medusa in the eyeballs. Saying Candy Man's name 3 times. Getting your tickets at the race track already torn up after you just paid for em. Zigging when you shoulda zagged. Haskins is done. So it's option # 1 for me homey
Tru dat! The X factor! Danny Boy grrrrr

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm good yo, what's good with you?
I get your point but isn't that an indictment on the coach? I don't understand all of this grittin' about who selected a player. What if it was a general manager who picked him and Rivera didn't like the pick?
Hell naw, his job, isn't one where he gets to "like" a player or not but one where he's charged with taking the talent and getting the best out of each and every one of them.

Here's the thing... Rivera had almost the same ingredients that the current Panther's HC has, and what their new man is getting out of them, Rivera got fired for failing to do the same. Remember, he lost to Washington last year and subsequently was dismissed. So he comes here to do what? Make this team similar to the one that lost to a terrible Washington team? Somebody please tell me what makes this guy, the right one for this team. ( because they couldn't get anyone better won't be accepted. )

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said I’m with ya. But obviously RR is seeing something different. Playing DH is a win/win in my book but he is QB3 and all the wishin in the world isn’t changing that...at least not for to,orrows game. RR is gonna go to AS before DH ever even has a chance to sniff the field again, imo.
I agree! But the over/under on Smith playing tomorrow is now 17- 18 hours.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One more thing about this... if I'm the owner and my newly hired HC comes out and tells the world that the guy that I pushed for and got because I saw talent is gonna be replaced, that replacement had better be someone who doesn't have the resume' of Kyle farkin' Allen.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say one more thing about this topic. If Washington does get a top three pick and all three of these QB are available, they should pass and either draft monsters along their offensive line or trade back.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there three qb’s worth taking in this upcoming draft?
I dont follow college football, but I know the Clemson dude, and the dude from Ohio State are the top two. Is there a third?

Also, would you really want to spend a second high first round pick on ANOTHER Ohio state qb?!?!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legit...if Kyle decides to run head forward again.
Best and easiest game plan in the world is to run the ball against Dallas. Guess what Washington won't be doing in bunches tomorrow?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there three qb’s worth taking in this upcoming draft?
I dont follow college football, but I know the Clemson dude, and the dude from Ohio State are the top two. Is there a third?

Also, would you really want to spend a second high first round pick on ANOTHER Ohio state qb?!?!
Young fella named Trey Lance, can't remember which school he attends.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best and easiest game plan in the world is to run the ball against Dallas. Guess what Washington won't be doing in bunches tomorrow?
Apparently it doesn’t seem to be a big part of Turners brilliant ‘system’. I’ll believe in that system if I see it adapt tomorrow and start fricking scoring as well as moving the chains. And I agree...run the damn ball, especially tomorrow.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That system is known by Kyle so well that he refers to Norv Turners Offense in San Diego. Somebody please tell him that Norv actually coached for us at one time..fer gawd sake.