• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pujols passes Ruth

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All time RBIs

Happy Easter to the man.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's right behind Gehrig and Bonds too.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many more AB's though, 1,000+ isn't it?

Oh I’m sure. Still pretty awesome regardless. He’s old but at one time an RBI machine

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see him move up. Wasn’t sure if he would make it

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruth is still greatest player of all time. IMO.
Overall player no doubt, because he was a HOF level pitcher as well as hitter and no one else ever was both. There are guys who can make a case for being better hitters but no one has both

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall player no doubt, because he was a HOF level pitcher as well as hitter and no one else ever was both. There are guys who can make a case for being better hitters but no one has both

He was the best ever when compared to the players he was playing with. I tend to lean towards players that played post color barrier.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the best ever when compared to the players he was playing with. I tend to lean towards players that played post color barrier.
But none of those modern players could do both that well. Ohtani is maybe the first

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But none of those modern players could do both that well. Ohtani is maybe the first

Charlie Culberson pitched the 9th the other day and was hitting 94. That's a utility bench piece throwing harder than pretty much any pitcher Babe Ruth ever faced.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got #2000 on a homer

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Culberson pitched the 9th the other day and was hitting 94. That's a utility bench piece throwing harder than pretty much any pitcher Babe Ruth ever faced.

That's fair, the modern game and athlete is far superior to what was out there in the 1920s. That's common sense.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unofficially Ruth still has 200 or so more.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that’s how you compare players to one another in their OWN era, not 50 or 100 years later......an argument that I never can understand in pretty much every sport.....

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Babe Ruth also played in a dead ball era. The balls were heavier and softer than they are now. When a ball would hit the dirt they kept playing with it, they didn't throw it away for another ball to help the hitter. The parks were massive back then. The pitchers didn't throw as hard so to hit a home run, you had to make excellent contact and swing harder to get that ball to leave a park.

Ruth hit 714 home runs in a dead ball era, while having a career batting average that would lead the league now a days by 25 points. Hank Aaron and Barry Bonds broke Ruth's home run record, but Aaron had 12,364 at bats, Bonds 9,847 to Ruth's 8,399. Bonds received only 1500 at bats more, but also took steroids in a time where balls are harder, parks smaller, pitchers threw harder. Faster it comes in, faster it goes out. What was Ruth on? Alcohol, processed meat and a party till you drop lifestyle, and was overweight.

He also had 94 career wins as a pitcher and a career 2.28 ERA. You can talk era and lack of physical specimens back then throwing to him, but what he did in that period, would have only made him better in today's era in my opinion, especially if he took care of himself half as well as players do now a days. Injuries back then, meant a career ender in a lot of cases too. Not like today where you get the zipper and back pitching within a year throwing as hard, if not harder.

Ruth was the greatest player ever, and it is not close.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Babe Ruth also played in a dead ball era. The balls were heavier and softer than they are now. When a ball would hit the dirt they kept playing with it, they didn't throw it away for another ball to help the hitter. The parks were massive back then. The pitchers didn't throw as hard so to hit a home run, you had to make excellent contact and swing harder to get that ball to leave a park.

Ruth hit 714 home runs in a dead ball era, while having a career batting average that would lead the league now a days by 25 points. Hank Aaron and Barry Bonds broke Ruth's home run record, but Aaron had 12,364 at bats, Bonds 9,847 to Ruth's 8,399. Bonds received only 1500 at bats more, but also took steroids in a time where balls are harder, parks smaller, pitchers threw harder. Faster it comes in, faster it goes out. What was Ruth on? Alcohol, processed meat and a party till you drop lifestyle, and was overweight.

He also had 94 career wins as a pitcher and a career 2.28 ERA. You can talk era and lack of physical specimens back then throwing to him, but what he did in that period, would have only made him better in today's era in my opinion, especially if he took care of himself half as well as players do now a days. Injuries back then, meant a career ender in a lot of cases too. Not like today where you get the zipper and back pitching within a year throwing as hard, if not harder.

Not arguing the fact that Ruth is one of the best ever... One thing Ruth had in his favor is the pitchers he got to face... Come mid July Pitchers arms were dead tired after the break... Besides that i would not argue in of your points.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whar player was the recipient of the most of Pujols' RBI?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ruth pitched in the dead ball era, that ended in the early 20s.

And you can discount Bonds because of steroids, but Ruth was on the best pedal available at the time.

Give me Bonds all day. He did his damage against rounded up pitchers throwing more than 75 mph.

You think Ruth would be swinging such a heavy bat in the modern era?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruth pitched in the dead ball era, that ended in the early 20s.

And you can discount Bonds because of steroids, but Ruth was on the best pedal available at the time.

Give me Bonds all day. He did his damage against rounded up pitchers throwing more than 75 mph.

You think Ruth would be swinging such a heavy bat in the modern era?

I think Ruth was an Ox. I think he would be swinging a heavy bat now a days. I would take Ruth any day over Bonds and his juiced up ass.