• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prophet time: What is the Mariners next move or what should the Mariners Consider?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoak is a switch hitter. But yes a good right hand hitting player would be a nice touch.

I have to correct you ONLV; Smoak bats from both sides of the plate. To call him a switch hitter would imply he 'Hits'. :lol:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have changed my view on several players since the Cano deal. My GM For The Day would be:

C-Zunino
1B- Hart/Morales
2B- Duh
3B- Seager
SS- Miller
LF- Cruz
CF- Gardner
RF- Choo
DH- Hart/Morales

SP's- Felix, Kuma, Jimenez, Colon, Walker

Deal Franklin for Gardner. Another possible Franklin destination could be Atlanta. Maybe a Franklin for Beachy trade. They want to move on from Uggla and they have the pitching to deal.

Also- What about Franklin, Saunders, and Ramirez/Paxton for Lake and Samardzija?

Fun to dream...and it's free!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if Reds trade Phillips maybe they will be in need of a 2B. Deal Franklin for Hamilton and have him run, run, run.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Cameron's article on ESPN about 4 deals that must get done has one Mariner deal in it.

Milwaukee Brewers trade: RHP Yovani Gallardo
Seattle Mariners send back: RHP Brandon Maurer
The Mariners want to add a starting pitcher to bridge the gap between their two veterans and their young kids, but as the Robinson Cano affair continues to show, it's not always so easy for the team to get people to take their money.
Instead, perhaps they should simply focus on trading for players who don't have a choice, and Gallardo could provide a reasonable alternative to the free-agent innings eaters who are looking for long-term deals anyway. He's due to make $11.25 million in 2014 with a $13 million team option for the following year.
His drop in strikeout rate in 2013 is a concern, but swapping one non-elite pitching prospect for the chance he rebounds to prior form is a worthy risk for a team with money burning a hole in its pocket and a yearning for some rapid improvement.
The Brewers, meanwhile, could use the savings to pursue a real first baseman so they don't end up using Yuniesky Betancourt at a hitter's position ever again. Losing Gallardo would make the rotation worse while they rebuild -- Maurer has some upside -- but getting enough money to buy a first baseman who can get on base more than 25 percent of the time is worth the downgrade.