• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

pronger wont be ready for training camp

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just read on csnphilly.com that prongs has atrophy in his knee and might not be ready for the home opener and wont be ready for training camp. also says he injured his knee in the playoffs and had limited mobility.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just came off knee surgery and even though I'm no pro athlete I had real bad atrophy in my quad, it took me a few extra weeks to get back up to snuff. I'm sure Pronger is in much better shape then I am but still rehabbing muscles or joints back to pro sports level has to be a task and a half.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just came off knee surgery and even though I'm no pro athlete I had real bad atrophy in my quad, it took me a few extra weeks to get back up to snuff. I'm sure Pronger is in much better shape then I am but still rehabbing muscles or joints back to pro sports level has to be a task and a half.

Likewise. The surgery is the easy part. The rehab is the bitch.

As for Pronger..........shit, who cares if he misses camp?? His talent will easily carry him through whatever time he misses in camp.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he gets better and they dont rush it.

And he was playing 40 minutes a game on an injured knee. Damn.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he gets better and they dont rush it.

And he was playing 40 minutes a game on an injured knee
. Damn.

derian hather-esque.. when coburn and timo went down a few years ago

i'm not too concerned if he misses camp.. even some of the season.. its not like we have to put an ahl-er in his spot.. or even the 7th spot.. god we have a lot of d-men

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those bottom D-Men arent exactly great 3rd pairings. I dont want to lose out on him too much.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love our defense for this year. I can't think of another time when the Flyers had so many quality d-men at one time - ever.

People can say whatever they want, in my opinion, our D this year is the leagues best.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he doesn't play 82 games this year. Whoop-de-do. I'd rather him miss the first 2 weeks (worst case scenario) than the last 2 weeks.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
as i said when the first "loose bodies" report came out...it's never a good sign. knee's and 37 year olds don't mix well. it also sounds like "loose bodies" refers to the old "lower body" injury in the playoff injury reports. "loose body" could in fact be a grade 1 tear in his mcl. which would spell disaster for the flyers and their 4.92 million per year average salary. i'm sure pronger will get through and play. lets see what his stats look like come spring. can't imagine holmer is anything but nervous in his office. now we know why so many defensemen this offseason.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i said when the first "loose bodies" report came out...it's never a good sign. knee's and 37 year olds don't mix well. it also sounds like "loose bodies" refers to the old "lower body" injury in the playoff injury reports. "loose body" could in fact be a grade 1 tear in his mcl. which would spell disaster for the flyers and their 4.92 million per year average salary. i'm sure pronger will get through and play. lets see what his stats look like come spring. can't imagine holmer is anything but nervous in his office. now we know why so many defensemen this offseason.

I sure hope your wrong as Prongers irriplaceable...this would suck balls big time.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had 9 different surgeries on my knees (4 left, 5 right) to remove "loose bodies" over the years and it was nothing. I lost nothing in my over all knee strength and nothing in my mobility with and without the loose shit floating around.

In fact, when my right ACL blew out, there wasn't any loose pcs in my knee at the time, so there goes that theory on them causing or contributing to a tear.

Well.....that's been my experiences with Pronger's type of injury -slash- surgery. IMO, he'll be just fine in no time. :)

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
paging dr. tox

dr. tox

you are wanted in surgery stat!

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope your wrong as Prongers irriplaceable...this would suck balls big time.

Playoff Pronger is irreplaceable; regular season Pronger is just a taller version of Timonen.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since when is pronger 37.

THat's right. He's still 35 for a couple more months and besides, Chris Pronger is not your average defenseman. He could easily be a guy who plays into his 40's since he doesn't waste energy and knows where he needs to be on the ice at all times. Also, he is capable of playing what is still considered a hefty amount of minutes throughout the regular season and then over three minutes more per game come playoff time, even while injured. That is impressive and I'm not at all worried about Pronger or his replacement if he misses any time.

I like our 5th and 6th defensemen even without Pronger starting. I even like Bartulis in the 6th spot if need be. I think he's a better option than Parent ever was.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THat's right. He's still 35 for a couple more months and besides, Chris Pronger is not your average defenseman. He could easily be a guy who plays into his 40's since he doesn't waste energy and knows where he needs to be on the ice at all times. Also, he is capable of playing what is still considered a hefty amount of minutes throughout the regular season and then over three minutes more per game come playoff time, even while injured. That is impressive and I'm not at all worried about Pronger or his replacement if he misses any time.

I like our 5th and 6th defensemen even without Pronger starting. I even like Bartulis in the 6th spot if need be. I think he's a better option than Parent ever was.

Yep I agree with everything you said here and I'm not worried if Pronger misses some regular season time its probably best in the long run anyway. It will piss me off if the Flyers lose to the pens cuz they'll say not having Pronger in the lineup mean nothing...bunch of tools. ; )

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

high marks for optomism. couple of things to consider. pronger is the hammer in anybodys game plan. he is not paul coffee who played until he was 39-40 but then he had people defending him all along the way (like pronger). banging bodies for a living and age do not go well. i think pronger is good for a couple more years, then we will see a drop off in speed and frequency of contact. it happens to everyone. some observers say it has already started in his game. father time can and will be unforgiving. think chelios: he was good for detroit in his later years. but he was not the anchor. all i am saying it that the clock is ticking on pronger. and his horizon envelope is not measured in the 7 year contract he signed. i't not even the 5 years that he actually gets his money in. it's more like the next 2-3 years while his body can still answer the bell. that body just had surgery to remove "loose bodies" floating around. he will probably bounce back and have a good year. but don't kid yourselves, we will likely get a little less performance each year moving forward.