• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Promote Munchak to HC NOW

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the rumors were true...Elway wanted Kubiak back in the fold as OC and Fangio will handle the DEF...not sure who Munchak was bringing with him, but Kubiak tipped the scales to Fangio I think.

So....for now PIT gets to keep coach Munch...that's a plus. I'm not sure what the Asst. HC title will do to change the culture around the place as long as Tomlin is there, but they should be throwing him some extra cash.

AB...they need to have a big pow wow...Tomlin, AB, and Ben. Sort out the BS once and for all, and if that can't be done, they need to trade Brown for the best deal they can get.
As Asst. HC he'd have authority over everyone on the team outside of Tomlin. He'd be able to discipline the inmates, force some issues with Tomlin he couldn't to date.

Tomlin can't fix it, but he can step back and let Munchak fix it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Asst. HC he'd have authority over everyone on the team outside of Tomlin. He'd be able to discipline the inmates, force some issues with Tomlin he couldn't to date.

Tomlin can't fix it, but he can step back and let Munchak fix it.

Okay...sort of a good cop, bad cop deal.

Idk that Munchak is that guy or not, but the biggest issue on player discipline...most of it is governed by the CBA. Essentially you want the Asst HC to be the enforcer.

This is an easy fix if the offending player is your WR4, or RB3, you just cut them and move on. When it's your best players...it's different. Even noted drill sergeant of a coach Bill Parcells recognized that star players don't get the same treatment as rank and file.

If we think Bell/AB/Harrison alone more or less have changed the locker room culture and possibly influencing younger players...The only way to fix the culture is to get rid of the players...even if it hurts the team short term.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know , munch was t great as a hc. And he’s always rumored to be a hc candidate. But never gets the job. I think there is a reason for that. Great great line coach.

Also I’m probably the minority’s but I would love to fire butler and hire Greg williams

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know , munch was t great as a hc. And he’s always rumored to be a hc candidate. But never gets the job. I think there is a reason for that. Great great line coach.

Also I’m probably the minority’s but I would love to fire butler and hire Greg williams

Williams got fucked by the Browns. He went 5-3 and couldn't get the HC job?

That's really fucked up.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's really fucked up.

Anybody not named Hue Jackson would have gone 5-3.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's really fucked up.
Yes and no. I don’t think he was the right head coach. But he’s a great dc

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...sort of a good cop, bad cop deal.

Idk that Munchak is that guy or not, but the biggest issue on player discipline...most of it is governed by the CBA. Essentially you want the Asst HC to be the enforcer.

This is an easy fix if the offending player is your WR4, or RB3, you just cut them and move on. When it's your best players...it's different. Even noted drill sergeant of a coach Bill Parcells recognized that star players don't get the same treatment as rank and file.

If we think Bell/AB/Harrison alone more or less have changed the locker room culture and possibly influencing younger players...The only way to fix the culture is to get rid of the players...even if it hurts the team short term.
What I Know is: there is one squad that consistently performed every week all season, and one squad that had 0 drama the entire season. (D-Line wasn't bad, either TBH.)

That's the O-Line. Munchak had his direct charges behaving like professionals. If he can do that with them, I think he can apply that team wide, if given the opportunity and authority.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I Know is: there is one squad that consistently performed every week all season, and one squad that had 0 drama the entire season. (D-Line wasn't bad, either TBH.)

That's the O-Line. Munchak had his direct charges behaving like professionals. If he can do that with them, I think he can apply that team wide, if given the opportunity and authority.
being a discipinarian and being a good coach are two vastly different thing

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

idk about zero..iirc Foster/Pouncey were getting drawn into the Bell saga, at least verbally but it was squashed. I get your point...my thoughts.

OL (outside of maybe Incognito) are not typically your drama queen types. OL coaches don't have to deal with much of that. I think Munchak has a unique ability to communicate what he was able to do very well...the technique details, how to interact with your OL partners on stunts, etc. He also seems to have a good eye for bigs that can physically carry out the technique...he made a starting LT out of Beachum and AVil and developed depth. That's great work.

In terms of him taking the kind of role you're suggesting...you don't see that too often.

The Asst HC which is a position on some staffs (coach Mitchell has that job as of LY in PIT)...they do more non on the field stuff...help with current and ex players on career development after football. Various other tasks but not a lot of direct on the field football stuff with players.

As I was saying earlier on player discipline...if you want the Asst HC to levy fines, etc...that's okay I guess, but imo that's not going to change the culture. What warrants discipline and what that discipline is has already been established. To undo that or re-establish it imo will take a replacement of the HC.

Bottom line here...Art II and whomever he feels his 2nd in command his (Colbert?) have decided to allow Tomlin to guide this ship again for 2019. If it goes off the rails again...there's nobody else to point a finger at.

If Tomlin is let go, I would think Art II would give Munchak 1st dibs on the interview.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to tack on. god who was on the radio last night, on 93.7 the fan local . Was saying there are alot of rumors swirling that the only way things really get fixed is for art to get involved. THey then stated that multiple people are rumbling that art is over his head and is overwhelmed and doesnt know what to do.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to tack on. god who was on the radio last night, on 93.7 the fan local . Was saying there are alot of rumors swirling that the only way things really get fixed is for art to get involved. THey then stated that multiple people are rumbling that art is over his head and is overwhelmed and doesnt know what to do.

Art should've been involved as soon as the season ended. The downfall of this organization is gonna be noone's fault but the front office for not making the decisions that needed to be made when they needed to be made.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard that about Art II...not ready to start killing next season yet but he will have to make the 1st major decisions of his tenure if the team fails again under Tomlin.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Art should've been involved as soon as the season ended. The downfall of this organization is gonna be noone's fault but the front office for not making the decisions that needed to be made when they needed to be made.
well obv thats not happening and its an issue

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we lose Munch to a lateral fucking move....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like the lateral move is just waiting for ink to hit the paper...

@Superbelt

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upgrade for Munchak. Broncos are only a few years removed from a Super Bowl victory and are probably closer than the Steelers, LOL. Broncos have to get a better QB though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, tomlin fired the wrong people, didnt fire any of the right people, and our best positional coach is walking