• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Promote Munchak to HC NOW

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not let him leave!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. Keep him at OC.

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If I were him I would bolt from this train wreck. His first stint as a HC was not successful but I would do anything to get out of this nightmare.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Munchak would do any worse, but ideally I would prefer to clean house, and start with a totally new voice....if I were Munchak I wouldn't want the BS that this team has allowed to develop. The new HC needs to have the authority to trade AB and I don't think Munchak gets that kind of clout.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OC? He's the line coach, and he has like, 5 teams wanting him to be their head coach.

I meant O-line, don't know why I said OC though.

We can't let any changes happen to the offensive side of the ball. We need everyone on that side to stay the same. Changes to something that doesn't need to be changed won't be very good. I get that we can't control if he leaves or not, but let's at least do everything we can to not let him go.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing we can do. If dude wants to be a hc he’s gone

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant O-line, don't know why I said OC though.

We can't let any changes happen to the offensive side of the ball. We need everyone on that side to stay the same. Changes to something that doesn't need to be changed won't be very good. I get that we can't control if he leaves or not, but let's at least do everything we can to not let him go.

so, what? we gonna give an O-line coach head coach-level pay to keep him around? you really think the Steelers, of all teams, would do that? The only way he sticks around is if he doesn't want any part of a head-coaching position, and he considers his spot as a O-line coach to be his "life's calling".

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, what? we gonna give an O-line coach head coach-level pay to keep him around? you really think the Steelers, of all teams, would do that? The only way he sticks around is if he doesn't want any part of a head-coaching position, and he considers his spot as a O-line coach to be his "life's calling".

Well first off, I never said to pay him like a head coach. Don't know where you got that from. Also, nobody knows how badly Munchak wants to be a head coach aside from Munchak. He was the HC at Tennessee and we saw how good that worked out. Being an O-line coach seems to be his specialty. He was the o-line coach for Tennessee for 13 years before becoming the head coach. Now, he's been the O-line coach for us for 4 years. If he wants to be an HC, more power to him. But he is anywhere near on the fence about leaving vs. staying, I would offer him some more money to sweeten the deal and maybe ensure that he stay. Why wouldn't we want to do that? And please, don't give me the "That's not how the Steelers do things" answer because the "way the Steelers do things" doesn't work anymore and hasn't for quite some time.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first off, I never said to pay him like a head coach. Don't know where you got that from. Also, nobody knows how badly Munchak wants to be a head coach aside from Munchak. He was the HC at Tennessee and we saw how good that worked out. Being an O-line coach seems to be his specialty. He was the o-line coach for Tennessee for 13 years before becoming the head coach. Now, he's been the O-line coach for us for 4 years. If he wants to be an HC, more power to him. But he is anywhere near on the fence about leaving vs. staying, I would offer him some more money to sweeten the deal and maybe ensure that he stay. Why wouldn't we want to do that?

hey, i'm just putting out what i believe to be a logical set of circumstances surrounding munchak right now. my assumption is that the mean-level pay for someone like a line coach (which is essentially an assistant to an assistant coach) is far less than to be the captain of the ship. sooo, if he's getting all this interest from what, 4 or 5 teams? and they want him to be the "captain of their ship", he is looking at a situation that he might never see again in his lifetime, to increase his compensation by quite a bit. and the Steelers aren't a team known for groveling to a particular coach to stay around at his current position, "no matter the cost". hey, i hope he stick around too, he's been great for us, but at some point you have to look at the reality of the situation.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, i'm just putting out what i believe to be a logical set of circumstances surrounding munchak right now. my assumption is that the mean-level pay for someone like a line coach (which is essentially an assistant to an assistant coach) is far less than to be the captain of the ship. sooo, if he's getting all this interest from what, 4 or 5 teams? and they want him to be the "captain of their ship", he is looking at a situation that he might never see again in his lifetime, to increase his compensation by quite a bit. and the Steelers aren't a team known for groveling to a particular coach to stay around at his current position, "no matter the cost". hey, i hope he stick around too, he's been great for us, but at some point you have to look at the reality of the situation.

Trust me, I get it, and like I said, if we can help it, I'd love for us to do whatever we can to get him to stick around as the O-line coach. But I understand if he leaves to be a head coach elsewhere.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Munch has been a godsend since he came here... but all good things come to an end sooner or later. I’m shocked he hasn’t been poached sooner than this.

As OJB said, only chance he sticks around is if he doesn’t want to take on a HC position again.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll didn't do so well in their first HC jobs in the NFL either. Same goes for Mike Shanahan. The Steelers need a change and they need it today.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll didn't do so well in their first HC jobs in the NFL either. Same goes for Mike Shanahan. The Steelers need a change and they need it today.
tomlin isnt going anywhere

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is what it is. We can constantly bring freak out for months, or accept that tomlin is staying.

Accepting Tomlin is staying is also accepting that the diva ego that has run rampant through this locker room will remain as well. Yeah, arriving to practice in a nice new car or helicopter every year is funny. Yeah football is a sport that people love so much they get emotional about it or they rant to the media every so often. But at the end of the day, if you do those things year in and year out and have NO trophies to show for it, something ain't right and something has to change and it's gotta change from the top down.