• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro Football Reference: Box Scores

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did these guys update their stats keeping in such detail? I realized a couple weeks ago that they kept updated injury reports and thought that was neat but I just saw how detailed their box scores are... much nicer than ESPN or NFL.com.

Breaks down pass and rush attempts to certain areas of the field and breaks down pass tackles and rush tackles across the field too. Plus it is incredibly easy to find penalties called on plays because they highlight them grey on the play-by-play, and highlight scores green.

Jeez, they even list the names of each official.

San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks - December 23rd, 2012 - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did these guys update their stats keeping in such detail? I realized a couple weeks ago that they kept updated injury reports and thought that was neat but I just saw how detailed their box scores are... much nicer than ESPN or NFL.com.

Breaks down pass and rush attempts to certain areas of the field and breaks down pass tackles and rush tackles across the field too. Plus it is incredibly easy to find penalties called on plays because they highlight them grey on the play-by-play, and highlight scores green.

Jeez, they even list the names of each official.

San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks - December 23rd, 2012 - Pro-Football-Reference.com

It's a work in progress and there will be errors until they can get the resources necessary to keep up with the revisions which can come weeks even months after the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, you sound like an invested partner, embarrassed that someone noticed.

Don't tell me MW is behind this... or you too... I recall reading about previous attachments to PFF.

Anyway, I like the evolution.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, you sound like an invested partner, embarrassed that someone noticed.

Don't tell me MW is behind this... or you too... I recall reading about previous attachments to PFF.

Anyway, I like the evolution.

Haha, yeah M-Dub is involved to varying degrees with a few stat sites. He provided the statistical breakdown of New England #of plays that I posted in the NE game notes thread; telling me that NBC might/would be mentioning the Patriots # of plays stats on the air - and sure enough they did. That was cool.