• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prime Jordan vs Prime Kobe

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jordan never lost his cool, man was the ultimate competitor.... kobe is a great 1 2 but mj best ever

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not close and I'm calling bullshit on the equally good teammate part too.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who has Kobe over MJ needs to stop posting on basketball forums.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is the 2nd best SG of Alltime.

But, he is not on Jordan's level.

It took him 230 extra games to catch MJ in points and he will likely not match or pass him in chips.

MJ all day.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It took him 230 extra games to catch MJ in points and he will likely not match or pass him in chips.

MJ all day.

Why I keep seeing different amount of games? Anyway, it's no surprise that it took Kobe longer, because he started his career on the bench and played with Shaq for 8 years, who was also a great scorer.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Kobe only playing 196 more games.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Kobe only playing 196 more games.

If you combine his regular-season and playoff ledgers, Bryant has already played 214 more games than Michael Jordan, and enters this season ranked 25th in most games played in league history. When Bryant debuted in the NBA, Phil Jackson — who would guide Bryant to his five titles — was coaching in Chicago and Clippers forward Blake Griffin was in the second grade.

It's the age of Kobe Bryant, but how much does Laker, 36, have left? - LA Times

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why I keep seeing different amount of games? Anyway, it's no surprise that it took Kobe longer, because he started his career on the bench and played with Shaq for 8 years, who was also a great scorer.

The LA Times article I got my number from was written Oct 27th.

So, It's actually higher now that we are a few months into the Season.

If I had to guess, I'd say the other articles only listed the regular Season games.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MJ all day.

It took him 197 games to pass Jordan in regular season points. Playoff points are counted separately. Kobe still trails Jordan in playoff points (5987 to 5640) yet has played in 41 more playoff games. I think it is fair to point out that Kobe didn't come in right away as a starter nor the #1 scoring option.

Kobe is close, but I agree he is not quite on Jordan's level. A heck of a career to be in the discussion though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took him 197 games to pass Jordan in regular season points. Playoff points are counted separately. Kobe still trails Jordan in playoff points (5987 to 5640) yet has played in 41 more playoff games. I think it is fair to point out that Kobe didn't come in right away as a starter nor the #1 scoring option.

Kobe is close, but I agree he is not quite on Jordan's level. A heck of a career to be in the discussion though.

If you are going to mention that Kobe wasn't a starter right off the bat you should also mention that MJ walked away from the game for 2 years. Had he not left this is a totally different conversation.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to mention that Kobe wasn't a starter right off the bat you should also mention that MJ walked away from the game for 2 years. Had he not left this is a totally different conversation.

Fair point. However, does he end his career in Washington if he hadn't briefly retired?

Also, being the second option behind Shaq was significant.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point. However, does he end his career in Washington if he hadn't briefly retired?

Also, being the second option behind Shaq was significant.

Now that's a helluva question, wish we could know the answer to that one. Who knows what else Shaq & Kobe would have accomplished in L.A. if they could have gotten along better though. Still they had a great run.

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's a helluva question, wish we could know the answer to that one. Who knows what else Shaq & Kobe would have accomplished in L.A. if they could have gotten along better though. Still they had a great run.

Lakers fans wonder about that plenty. Such a lethal 1-2 punch.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please don't remind me. I wish they were mature, like they are now.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron will pass them both, if he plays long enough, because he came into the league ready.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe really is like MJ-lite. He almost perfected MJ's biggest weakness....his willingness to settle for long 2's from the perimeter.

MJ separated himself from Kobe in his ability to take the ball to the hole (not saying Kobe was bad at it...just not Jordan) and breakdown defenses both for his teammates and in the ability to get to the free throw line (at a time when it was a lot harder to draw a foul).

One hell of a career by Kobe though. There isn't another player in league history that I would want on my team taking a long contested 2 for the win and that includes Jordan.

It would be so interesting to see both these guys and what they would become if they were 18 right now and being taught to take more 3's and less long 2's and how they would develop in the more modern game.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Lakers and believe Jordan was superior too. But, 10 times better?

GTFOH...lol...Run, Reggie...Run!

During his weekly appearance on the Dan Patrick Show, Reggie Miller ended the Jordan vs. Kobe debate – in his own mind.

When asked about Kobe Bryant passing Michael Jordan for third place on the all-time scoring list earlier this week, Miller said, “Michael Jordan on his worst day is 10 times better than Kobe Bryant on his best day. That’s not short-changing Kobe at at all, because he handed me my lunch pail, too, but I will take that Black Cat (Jordan) all day, any day over Kobe.”

Bryant owns the edge on career points, but Jordan has more scoring titles (10-2), NBA titles (6-5), NBA MVP awards (5-1) and Finals MVP awards (6-2). Also, at the end of this season, Jordan will have played four fewer seasons.

Reggie Miller: Michael Jordan is 10 times better than Kobe Bryant | NBA | Sporting News

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think jordan had a shaq type of player ever..pretty much a bunch of jordan hills. i imagine jordans image would be different if he had another superstar player to play with...sure pippen and some others were solid but superstar...not so much. who's even comparable to shaq in jordans era? pretty much all the big men were finesse players. whats patrick ewing trademark move? 18 foot fadeaway. sure you had anthony mason types...but what was he 6-8?

the different rules aren't really comparable because sure they were allowed to rough you up so to speak but he's where the term superstar foul call started. then in todays game you add in teams with multiple all stars. ill admit i was young in the jordan era..but i don't see the multiple all star teams jordan had to go up against...who was the ginobli, duncan, parker of the 80s? the durant and westbrook..in that era you usually had one 1 player not often 2 and surely not 3.