• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Preseason Falcons vs. Dolphins, 8:00 PM EST, NBC

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See Matt Schaub on the sidelines there? He's itching to get in.....been a while since he's thrown a pick-6.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much injuries as much as players returning from knee surgeries outside of Houston who is more ongoing. They've actually been remarkably healthy outside of their SILB which I think Ramik Wilson beats Mauga out for anyways. They had a crap ton of green players on the field last week and it really showed on run defense and in the secondary. Getting Hali, Gaines, and Berry back should correct a lot of the issues I am seeing in preseason. Doesn't solve everything, but I am not sure it even matters if the offense lives up to the hype.

Phillip Gaines, Tamba Hali, Justin Houston, Josh Mauga, and Eric Berry were out of the lineup. That's 5 starters out of the base defense. 4 should, should, be back for week 1. Houston is still a mystery- I am guessing he is just going to stick on the PUP and miss the first 6 weeks.

Meant the Royals.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant the Royals.
Ah, some injuries but moreso they Gordon, Cain, and Hosmer just aren't as good as they have been the last couple years. They've been better as of late though which is fueling their recent run. Morales also has been bad. Not sure if they just ran out of gas or what. Rotation really hasn't been stable. Kennedy has big ups and huge lows while Volquez has been mostly bad. Leaves no error for Duffy, Ventura, and whatever slop they throw up every 5th day. Not a deep team.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny stuff.

My "boy" is a severe epileptic and 36. Lives with us. This his his one "weekend" a year away from us. For which I've "bucked up" for all 3 times we've done it (including my nephew who rides along to look after my son).

His sister is fully functional and lives on her own in Vancouver, living the life he can only dream of. She is a good sister.

His maternal grandfather is follicularly challenged if that matters.

Thanks for asking.

Yeah, wasn't going for major points there Hank, just a light-hearted jab about your Hank Kingsley avatar. But be offended away I guess. I've read about your son before - and in no way was casting aspersions on him.

But as the person who typed the post, any misunderstanding is obviously on me.

Peace.

Hope they enjoyed the game.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting

Matt needs some good snaps going into the opener...sports media has been all over him after last night, fans are pissed after LY and seeing it again...RZ pick.

If didn't play next week and have a better showing...Matt would most likely get booed in the home opener vs TB in 2 weeks.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt needs some good snaps going into the opener...sports media has been all over him after last night, fans are pissed after LY and seeing it again...RZ pick.

If didn't play next week and have a better showing...Matt would most likely get booed in the home opener vs TB in 2 weeks.
Makes sense from that angle but still interesting to note starting your #1 QB in the 4th game.

Seems like there are legit questions about which QB can run that Shanny 'system' best.

Kyle has shown issues scheming RZ offense. Was incredibly frustrating to skins fans at times... breeze down the field and get stopped short with inexplicable play calling inside the 20.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense from that angle but still interesting to note starting your #1 QB in the 4th game.

Seems like there are legit questions about which QB can run that Shanny 'system' best.

Kyle has shown issues scheming RZ offense. Was incredibly frustrating to skins fans at times... breeze down the field and get stopped short with inexplicable play calling inside the 20.

Spoken like a man that's watched plenty of Shanny ball! lol

Very true...I don't expect Matt to play a lot, maybe a series or two, but he mostly likely wants to get the stink off anyway...he didn't play badly the entire game, but RZ picks has been a major problem dating back to LY.

He's trying so hard to run this offense that I think he's telegraphing the #1 read...he certainly did last night on the pick.

Matt is really at his best in no huddle where he can work off DEF read presnap, or when he has the freedom to check out at will...not a heavy dose of rollout boot legs throwing on the run...he doesn't have that freedom under Shanny....IMO, this marriage is not going to work that well....maybe another 8-8 top side 9-7, and Shanny will be somewhere else next yr.