• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pre-Season Game 1 - Patriots vs Lions

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots left Detroit and the Lions announced that Tre Flowers is off the PUP. Is it just me??

Teams have started cutting players already. I was watching the Texan/Packers replayand saw a few unknowns flashing across the bottom of the screen.

Most games are being replayed. If you couldn't see the Patriots game it's being replayed at 10:30 am EST tomorrow morning on the NFL Network.

I decided to DVR the Chiefs game just to see if they're making changes in the offense and defense.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots left Detroit and the Lions announced that Tre Flowers is off the PUP. Is it just me??

Teams have started cutting players already. I was watching the Texan/Packers replayand saw a few unknowns flashing across the bottom of the screen.

Most games are being replayed. If you couldn't see the Patriots game it's being replayed

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally caught the game yesterday

1) Who was that guy wearing #2?

2) Meyers looks like the real deal, mostly because he was being contested and it didn't matter, not one of these guys who wins when a zone is favoring someone else.

3) Berrios looked really good. I heard he had good and bad moments which I may have fast forwarded through, but the good I saw looked really good.

4) Defense looked good especially Collins actually playing his position, but preseason defense is harder to judge.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally caught the game yesterday

1) Who was that guy wearing #2?

2) Meyers looks like the real deal, mostly because he was being contested and it didn't matter, not one of these guys who wins when a zone is favoring someone else.

3) Berrios looked really good. I heard he had good and bad moments which I may have fast forwarded through, but the good I saw looked really good.

4) Defense looked good especially Collins actually playing his position, but preseason defense is harder to judge.

Now that the game has cooled off in my memory, a few thoughts:

1) #2 is an imposter
2) I have been on Meyers for quite awhile but he is not going to get pen like that all the time against starters
3) Berrios did look good and is earning a spot.
4) Defense looked good except 4th quarter. Mixed opinons on Collins. I thought he looked good?

Harry lookedvery good. They are going to have to work him back carefully with that hammy. Might be used sparingly in game 1

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally got around to watching this game.

Hats off to the Pats D-line. Man did they manhandle the Lions. If they didn't reach the QB they crumbled the pocket on almost every play. Granted mostly 2nd stringers and guys trying to make the team.

The D is a lot faster. Hard to judge the DBs as the pressure up front didn't lead to a lot of chances. JC Jackson looks like he's the real deal.

Both QBs had a nice game. I'm not worried if they only keep one. If I had to cut one today it would be Hoyer going solely on age and potential. Looking forward to seeing Stidhman(sp) thru the rest of the preseason.

LaCosse reminded me of Gronk. No he's no Gronk but the first catch in the 1st when he went up the seem and then again on a crossing route. Hope the injury doesn't nag him.

Meyers I think is going to be special. Nice call on this guy @Southieinnc.

Neal doing what most of us expected.

Man if Gordon and or Thomas get back healthy this is a scary set of WRs.

Hoping Berrios sticks?

BB can this be the year we let Bolden go? I know he got a new deal how about a trade for a kicking tee?

:2cents:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally got around to watching this game.

Hats off to the Pats D-line. Man did they manhandle the Lions. If they didn't reach the QB they crumbled the pocket on almost every play. Granted mostly 2nd stringers and guys trying to make the team.

The D is a lot faster. Hard to judge the DBs as the pressure up front didn't lead to a lot of chances. JC Jackson looks like he's the real deal.

Both QBs had a nice game. I'm not worried if they only keep one. If I had to cut one today it would be Hoyer going solely on age and potential. Looking forward to seeing Stidhman(sp) thru the rest of the preseason.

LaCosse reminded me of Gronk. No he's no Gronk but the first catch in the 1st when he went up the seem and then again on a crossing route. Hope the injury doesn't nag him.

Meyers I think is going to be special. Nice call on this guy @Southieinnc.

Neal doing what most of us expected.

Man if Gordon and or Thomas get back healthy this is a scary set of WRs.

Hoping Berrios sticks?

BB can this be the year we let Bolden go? I know he got a new deal how about a trade for a kicking tee?

:2cents:

Dont get too excited with the defense. Lions had less than a week with a new scheme. The O-line had no clue on blocking assignments. They looked like the players on those old electronic football games that just spin in a circle.

The offense however looked like the real deal to me. They executed very well and the young players and draft picks looked very sharp. I also am impressed with the new punter and returner. They look like keepers.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get too excited with the defense. Lions had less than a week with a new scheme. The O-line had no clue on blocking assignments. They looked like the players on those old electronic football games that just spin in a circle.

The offense however looked like the real deal to me. They executed very well and the young players and draft picks looked very sharp. I also am impressed with the new punter and returner. They look like keepers.

I'm more excited about this D than I have been in years.

The offense if Gordon and D. Thomas play will be extremely scary.

BB puts a lot of time, effort and finances in STs.