• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre Game Thread: 49ers vs GB

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness this wasn't the Game Day Thread, but rather the Pre-Game Day Thread.

Ray_Dogg did it in 2011, no one else. (I screwed up here.)

Only Calamity did it in 2012, apparently.

I don't actually remember, but those two threads are reliable since it happened closer to the time and would have no real likelihood of manufactured facts. ;) In law, business records taken in the day-to-day dealings can be admitted as an exception to the hearsay rule because they have a certain level of reliability, so long as there's no evidence in why it would be tainted/doctored.

I elect Bingo to do the honors this year. Anyone second the motion? Any objections? Bingo, you are reliable, right?

Thats right it was Cal doing the GDT last year. I'll 2nd Bingo but whoever ends up doing it I think should be an OG member no offense to the new guys

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw GDT from Ray, Calamity and mem. I think Ray does most of them.

Whoever did the Super Bowl one is not allowed to anymore.

That fuckin dick!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I will be on here a lot. Love talking 49er football. Hard to talk 49er football here in New Jersey. Any of you guys going to do guess your stat game. I been doing that game for like 5-6 years. its a fun game.

Lets Go 49ers.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said I don't want to step on anyones toes so is there any other things you guys do during the regular season that I need to know about. Also do you really put that Icon on every 1st post of a thread.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U guys think GB signed V. Young just because they can have him be kap during practice. I think it has to do with facing Kap and RG3 the 1st 2 weeks. Young isn't a Green Bay type QB.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There is a guess your stat thread a cpl threads down.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: we were doomed when the 1st post wasn't :bj:

Ya'll are going to need a lot more than showing your brothel boy spirit to take the NFCW in 2013.

Better head to the farm and don't forget your Peanut Butter.

:hdn: Should be a fun week 1 for true SF enthusiasts. The SF Brothel Boys vs the Fudge Packers.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
U guys think GB signed V. Young just because they can have him be kap during practice. I think it has to do with facing Kap and RG3 the 1st 2 weeks. Young isn't a Green Bay type QB.

I think there's some merit to this. I don't expect it to help them out much however.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said I don't want to step on anyones toes so is there any other things you guys do during the regular season that I need to know about. Also do you really put that Icon on every 1st post of a thread.

Yep every GDT its a tradition since the 2011 season

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Possibly but they could have gotten a UDFA to do the same so I'm not sure that it is the sole reason for the signing. Also VY doesn't have the arm of either Kap or RGIII also I'm sure at this stage of his career isn't as fast

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ya'll are going to need a lot more than showing your brothel boy spirit to take the NFCW in 2013.

Better head to the farm and don't forget your Peanut Butter.

:hdn: Should be a fun week 1 for true SF enthusiasts. The SF Brothel Boys vs the Fudge Packers.

Oh look, gay jokes because he's talking about San Francisco. Oh well, since he's Seattle I suppose he'll be committing suicide within a week.

#Stereotypesarestupid

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, gay jokes because he's talking about San Francisco. Oh well, since he's Seattle I suppose he'll be committing suicide within a week.

#Stereotypesarestupid

Where are the truly original trolls? Osprey's little trash talking was sad and so unoriginal, I had hoped for better.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that Boldin wasn't brought into fill the Crabtree void. He was brought in to fill the void on the other side of the field with Crabtree.

Oh I understand that but he will be able to do so while Crabs is recovering. I am not saying it isn't a loss but I am glad we got Boldin, who will help stop the bleeding.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I saw GDT from Ray, Calamity and mem. I think Ray does most of them.

Whoever did the Super Bowl one is not allowed to anymore.

And the draft as well. Who ever created the NFL Draft thread (1st round) the last two years is banned for life.

However, the individual who started the NFL Draft thread (day two: 2nd and 3rd round) should be promoted to start Game Day threads.

purguy12, whatever your name is, we're going to treat you like we treat UDFA rookies during preseason games. You gotta show us what you have!? Do you have what it takes to start the well anticipated GDT. Just like an UDFA rookie playing lots of snaps during the preseason games, you should show us what you have...how do you manage a GDT during the preason. If all goes well, you get to earn the rights to post week 2's GDT. Game one is too precious for us to allow a rookie handle the creation of that thread. Like Mac stated, we are very, I mean very superstitious when it comes to these things. If you do well, your new official member name to us would be "Guy" or "ThatGuy", or simply "Purguy".

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I DID MY BEST on GDTs!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I think I did the SB one too.... may have forgotten the :bj: sololy due to the pure excitement that I had for our Niners!!!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the Niners throttle them yet again. I don't see a vast improvement in the Packers roster this year. Not having Crabs could hurt but I don't think so. Quan has looked good thus far and should definitely help fill the void.

Datone Jones was a guy most of us were high on before the draft. The guy could be an immediate force in their scheme. Worse case scneario I see him being a solid starter by week 8 if things don't go well for him as quickly as anticipated. I had given Lacy an early 3rd round grade, but now I'm hearing that his lateral quickness is not as bad as most thought which would have been a devestating transition phase for him in the NFL level. Packers plays more of a North and South running style for their backs and I think that's how they will ONLY use him for and won't put him in position to have to consistently force him to use his lateral quickness and agility (lack of). In addition, they got some descent mid/late round receivers that can be very good #4 #5 receivers in their scheme (4/5 receiver sets). Rodgers have one of the strongest arms in all football and probably the quickest release, so I don't believe the injury to Bulaga is a make or break season type scenario for them. With all that said, we the Niners, are still the superior team and should not view them as a tremendous adversary.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Bingo, don't think I'm going to ignore it.... isn't Buluga your guy! I remembered you liked him much more than AD...

jejejeje...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have heard it wrong but I think it was said that Bulaga despite being their "best" or "better" OL, the packers gave up more sacks with him than they did without him...

I think the loss of Crabtree will really show up by wk 3... I think we can get away with it in wk 1, squeeze by in wk 2 but by wk 3, I'd expect the opposing defenses really forcing the issue... it would be tough...