• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pozz, Ray, Bingo, Clyde

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys seem to be the big college football fans. What do you guys think of Jordan Matthews of Vandy? He is Jerry Rice's cousin 6'3" WR. He had about 175 receiving yards tonight. Do you know more about him or have any insight about what he looks like as a prospect?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge fan of him coming into the season. I really wanted him to come out last year. He's somewhere in the top-3/4 WRs in a relatively weak WR class, IMO.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Huge fan of him coming into the season. I really wanted him to come out last year. He's somewhere in the top-3/4 WRs in a relatively weak WR class, IMO.

I totally agree with Clyde’s assessment in terms of having big expectations for him this year. I don't know what Clyde feels about his decision to return back to Vandy, but IMO that was a wise one. He flew under the radar last year but managed to catch a lot of people's attention against good Gators' DBs when they played FA. He did some damaged against some very good teams in the SEC, so he must really have some legit skills. He moves so well for a person who is allegedly 6'3 - which is why I am not really buying that size until I see some concrete proof (the combines in particular). He doesn't move as well as a 6'3 guy like Patterson, but he is fluid and shows no stiffness in running routes and avoiding tacklers. When it's all said and done, I think he'll end up on the bottom of the 1st round. He's a crafty route runner, with great hands, very good character, shows tremendous concentration skills, a willing blocker, and posses great YAC ability. His top end speed (40time) is questionable as well as finding out his true height. Both of these questions marks may end up taking a dent on his draft stock.

This was my very first preseaons ranking of the WR position earlier this year (early May 2013):

WR
1.) Sammy Watkins
2.) Marqise Lee
3.) Rashard Greene
4.) Brandon Coleman
5a.) Jordan Matthews
5b.) Malcom Mitchell

He may end up being the 3rd receiver taken come draft day when it's all said and done. As an FSU fan I'm a little bias towards our players, which probably explains my high ranking of R. Greene. I always try to not allow my vision as a fan cloud my thinking towards another player but in this instance...? Anyway, Mathews, Lee, and Watkins are all pretty good in running routes already.

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a nice prospect. We will see him in the NFL.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks fellas. I watched the game and it my interest that he was related to Rice.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy lives in my memory for playing one in one of the most exciting bowl games ever vs. Fresno State while he was at Wyoming.

Alvester Alexander has some wheels. Holy shit he was moving. Just got cut by the Steelers today.

Last edited by a moderator: