• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post your best Chris Paul trade idea

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade 1

OKC trades: CP3 and Patrick Patterson
Receives: D'Angelo Russell and Reggie Jackson

Detroit trades: Andre Drummond and Reggie Jackson
Receives: Chris Paul and Patrick Patterson

Warriors trade: D'Angelo Russel
Receive: Andre Drummond

Trade 2

OKC trades CP3 and Patrick Patterson to the T-Wolves for Andrew Wiggins and Jeff Teague.

Reggie Jackson is fortunate he is allowed in the building to play against the Thunder so no 1 is out the window.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Jackson is fortunate he is allowed in the building to play against the Thunder so no 1 is out the window.
Oh come on, the Thunder love to see Reggie come playing for another team. Sadly, it is mine.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't be that stupid to turn down 44 mil at age 36 or 37.

Can't see him getting more than that if he opts out especially due to the age

Especially since as president of the players union, he fought to get that contract.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on, the Thunder love to see Reggie come playing for another team. Sadly, it is mine.

That guy is like Latrell Sprewell dumb, I don’t use that often but it applies.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade 1

OKC trades: CP3 and Patrick Patterson
Receives: D'Angelo Russell and Reggie Jackson

Detroit trades: Andre Drummond and Reggie Jackson
Receives: Chris Paul and Patrick Patterson

Warriors trade: D'Angelo Russel
Receive: Andre Drummond

Trade 2

OKC trades CP3 and Patrick Patterson to the T-Wolves for Andrew Wiggins and Jeff Teague.

I honestly don’t get why you want Andre Drummond.

The Warrior system has been most successful with role player bigs and multi-talented perimeter players.

I don’t know how well Russell will fit GS, but better than Drummond would, IMO.

WCS and Looney can play that 5 role just fine. They need talent and depth on the perimeter. Trading Russell for a big would be a really bad idea.

Also, Drummond is not that good and Detroit’s return in your scenario is horrendous.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Warrior system has been most successful with role player bigs and multi-talented perimeter players.

WCS and Looney can play that 5 role just fine. They need talent and depth on the perimeter. Trading Russell for a big would be a really bad idea.

Also, Drummond is not that good and Detroit’s return in your scenario is horrendous.

That's cool if you don't think the trade is realistic from Detroits perspective. I get that.

But the reason I would want Drummond is because I'm adaptable. I don't think there's a one-size fits all mold in the NBA. The Warriors were extremely unique and the league tried to copy that without (real) success. I think it's extremely unrealistic to keep wanting to plug and play people just to fit a system. What Kerr did was create as system that best suited the players he had. He no longer has the majority of those players.

I would want Drummond for a few different reason:

1) Draymond has taken a severe beating the last 5 years of trying to be the only interior force for the Warriors. This has taken it's toll on so many nagging injuries for him that have piled up. Shoulder issues, toe/feet issues, etc. The wear and tear on him will be even more significant this year with him expected to contribute more offensively with Klay being down and Durant being gone.

2) The Warriors lack perimeter defenders to create their typical switching defense. The switching defense only works if you have the personnel to back it up. In the past they had Andre Iguodala, Barnes, Livingston, and KD all out there which made it more essential to have bigs that could switch. The Warriors won't be so reliant on switching anymore and I'm willing to bet you'll see them change their defensive schemes around significantly this year.

3) Drummond at the very worst is a post defender and monster rebounder. His role from what he's had in the past could expand vastly because of the gravity of Steph and Klay(when he returns).

4) The Warriors have had success in the past with traditional bigs, albeit with different skill sets. They've been able to manage just fine defensively with those guys, if not better at times.

That's just my opinion. I don't think there's a clear cut formula for NBA success. There are clear cut needs to defend SPECIFIC teams, but at this point and time I don't believe the Warriors are in a position to target just any one team on how to defend them. They need upgrades across the board and the team, coaching staff and players will all need to adapt to a new team and schemes going forward if they want to be successful.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LebronLakers why are you always facepalming? you could respond and we could have a dialogue.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool if you don't think the trade is realistic from Detroits perspective. I get that.

But the reason I would want Drummond is because I'm adaptable. I don't think there's a one-size fits all mold in the NBA. The Warriors were extremely unique and the league tried to copy that without (real) success. I think it's extremely unrealistic to keep wanting to plug and play people just to fit a system. What Kerr did was create as system that best suited the players he had. He no longer has the majority of those players.

I would want Drummond for a few different reason:

1) Draymond has taken a severe beating the last 5 years of trying to be the only interior force for the Warriors. This has taken it's toll on so many nagging injuries for him that have piled up. Shoulder issues, toe/feet issues, etc. The wear and tear on him will be even more significant this year with him expected to contribute more offensively with Klay being down and Durant being gone.

2) The Warriors lack perimeter defenders to create their typical switching defense. The switching defense only works if you have the personnel to back it up. In the past they had Andre Iguodala, Barnes, Livingston, and KD all out there which made it more essential to have bigs that could switch. The Warriors won't be so reliant on switching anymore and I'm willing to bet you'll see them change their defensive schemes around significantly this year.

3) Drummond at the very worst is a post defender and monster rebounder. His role from what he's had in the past could expand vastly because of the gravity of Steph and Klay(when he returns).

4) The Warriors have had success in the past with traditional bigs, albeit with different skill sets. They've been able to manage just fine defensively with those guys, if not better at times.

That's just my opinion. I don't think there's a clear cut formula for NBA success. There are clear cut needs to defend SPECIFIC teams, but at this point and time I don't believe the Warriors are in a position to target just any one team on how to defend them. They need upgrades across the board and the team, coaching staff and players will all need to adapt to a new team and schemes going forward if they want to be successful.

I Don’t think there is one way to do it either.

But if I am trading Dlo, it is for a package like:

Dlo + a cheap guard contract for

Covington, Okogie and Teague

Which I think is a win for both teams and allows the Dubs to rebuild their perimeter depth and acquire a couple good perimeter defenders who can shoot a bit.

Covington would be an overall upgrade over Iggy

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which I think is a win for both teams and allows the Dubs to rebuild their perimeter depth and acquire a couple good perimeter defenders who can shoot a bit.

GS needs to get some picks after having to dump some picks to get under the hard cap.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would also do that for sure. But at this point I think we will see some massive schematic changes to the Warriors this season. Drummond is not the ideal target but I wouldn’t rule out a player with his skill set. That’s all I was really getting at. Things are going to be a bit more up in the air in the next few years.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's a question...

Suppose CP3 gets bought out?

Do teams want him then? Contract wouldn't be an issue anymore.

But he can still fuck up a locker room.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's a question...

No doubt teams will take the gamble at a steep discount.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's a question...

Think for sure it happens. On a minimum contract worst case scenario is they can just cut him if he starts messing with the dynamic.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Paul gets bought out, he’s going to the lakers.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Appreciate you adding in the bottom there that Detroit giving up Drummond for Paul is just absurd on every possible level

If Detroit adds Paul it's for Spare part contracts

The mere fact a buyout is even being discussed with 100 million remaining shows how much a liability that contract Is....and Detroit is supposed to give up a two time all star for it? AND Reggie Jackson?

Come on now

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a zero percent chance of Paul getting bought out, by the Thunder anyway.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a zero percent chance of Paul getting bought out, by the Thunder anyway.

I know right?

Why the hell would they deal RW just to spend 100 million to buy out Paul?

For a few first round picks?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be a bit now but I don’t expect Paul in a Thunder Jersey.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's a question...

Aren't buyout candidates usually in their last year or 2 of their contracts? He has quite a few years left....