• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post your best Chris Paul trade idea

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what's the alternative in Dallas to put a team around Luka and 'Zingis??? Pray that some star is going to join them in 2021? :scratch:

They haven't been the greatest FA destination lately...They've had to pay close to a combined $20 million annually for Seth Curry and Delon Wright for crying out loud.

Dallas could trade for him I guess.

But your trade package is incredibly stupid.

They would be receiving assets, not giving them.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what's the alternative in Dallas to put a team around Luka and 'Zingis??? Pray that some star is going to join them in 2021? :scratch:

They haven't been the greatest FA destination lately...They've had to pay close to a combined $20 million annually for Seth Curry and Delon Wright for crying out loud.

Delon Wright is a great fit for Dallas.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried thinking outside the box of the usual Miami/Detroit stuff people are talking about. Thought about maybe a deal at the deadline to a team with title hopes but let's say hypothetically, they aren't quite where they want to be (4th or 5th instead of 1st or 2nd or maybe they just don't feel they have enough). This is the best I could come up with

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Denver would send a draft pick or two as well. Nugs go all in trying to win the title with CP3, Jokic, Millsap and Murray. Might not be the best fit with Murray having to play more SG with Paul around but like I said, this is a hypothetical where a team isn't quite where they think they should be so it makes them take this risk (which how I think a team that trades for Paul is approaching this anyway).

OKC gets back a decent young piece in Harris on a fair deal, takes a lotto ticket on Porter hoping his injury days are past him, and gets some picks (Plumlee is there for salary relief, on a 1 year deal).

I wouldn't do it personally but its something worth talking about

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried thinking outside the box of the usual Miami/Detroit stuff people are talking about. Thought about maybe a deal at the deadline to a team with title hopes but let's say hypothetically, they aren't quite where they want to be (4th or 5th instead of 1st or 2nd or maybe they just don't feel they have enough). This is the best I could come up with

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Denver would send a draft pick or two as well. Nugs go all in trying to win the title with CP3, Jokic, Millsap and Murray. Might not be the best fit with Murray having to play more SG with Paul around but like I said, this is a hypothetical where a team isn't quite where they think they should be so it makes them take this risk (which how I think a team that trades for Paul is approaching this anyway).

OKC gets back a decent young piece in Harris on a fair deal, takes a lotto ticket on Porter hoping his injury days are past him, and gets some picks (Plumlee is there for salary relief, on a 1 year deal).

I wouldn't do it personally but its something worth talking about

Why would Denver give up those assets though?

Paul’s contract is a huge liability.

Even if Denver dealt contracts to get CP3, they would be the ones getting picks back. Not the other way around.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were people out there saying the Rockets made a bad trade to get Westbrook. Now, OKC can't give Paul away lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were people out there saying the Rockets made a bad trade to get Westbrook. Now, OKC can't give Paul away lol

Houston couldn’t give Paul away before. Not a surprise.

It was probably a bad trade for OKC unless those swaps hit. They got caught up in trying to send Russ where he wanted to go instead of to a team that might have given them a better return.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...to Dallas for :
  • Courtney Lee
  • Tim Hardaway Jr.
  • Jalen Brunson
  • First round pick
All in all, I don't see a great deal of scenarios where Paul isn't in OKC for at least the next two seasons. That contract is going to be a bitch to move...

Pass. Dallas doesn't need a PG that needs the ball in his hands. Definitely not giving that up, in fact OKC gonna have to give up a 1st to move CP3 with his injuries + diminished skills + contract.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A better question should be - Why shouldn't they want to do it? They have an extra point guard option in Brunson, plus movable contracts to spare in their efforts to take significant playmaking pressure off Doncic.
We had a PG that needed the ball in his hands and got rid of him because Luka needs it in his.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is the best fit with their short ugly deals and Seykou

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...to Dallas for :
  • Courtney Lee
  • Tim Hardaway Jr.
  • Jalen Brunson
  • First round pick
All in all, I don't see a great deal of scenarios where Paul isn't in OKC for at least the next two seasons. That contract is going to be a bitch to move...

I actually like this idea but not sure if Dallas really needs him BUT Dallas usually strikes out on FA guys so it isn't a bad option. Doncic can play the 1-3. Take out that 1st round pick and Brunson and add less value to that deal. Giving up Hardaway and Lee isn't that big of deal imo. Hardaway is overpaid is on contract for 2 more years, player option next year which he would be crazy to decline. I still think there are better options, to be clear, but this isn't as bad as people are saying if you change up the deal a bit.

PG - CP3
SG - Curry
SF - Doncic
PF - Porzingis
C - Powell

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why would Dallas do this?

Because Dallas cannot sign FA's, it eliminates them being about to trade for a star in the next couple years but I would still lean towards no to making this deal even though I don't think it is crazy.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Dallas cannot sign FA's, it eliminates them being about to trade for a star in the next couple years but I would still lean towards no to making this deal even though I don't think it is crazy.
So we would gut our bench and give up another 1st in order to get a PG who can't stay healthy and is crazy expensive? Don't see it. Dallas isn't in win now mode so CP3 does nothing for us except tie up money for years. Sure we may not have had much luck getting top FA's but we have two young stars. Is a third a must-have? I don't think so. I'd rather have a big-two and then solid bench and support players than a big-3 and a bunch of vet minimums and cast aways.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass. Dallas doesn't need a PG that needs the ball in his hands. Definitely not giving that up, in fact OKC gonna have to give up a 1st to move CP3 with his injuries + diminished skills + contract.

It could either be a terrible thing or a great thing. Doncic can expand his game playing off ball a little more or it could stunt his growth. I think CP3 learned how to play off ball in Houston more than he has in his past...so there is that lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we would gut our bench and give up another 1st in order to get a PG who can't stay healthy and is crazy expensive? Don't see it. Dallas isn't in win now mode so CP3 does nothing for us except tie up money for years. Sure we may not have had much luck getting top FA's but we have two young stars. Is a third a must-have? I don't think so. I'd rather have a big-two and then solid bench and support players than a big-3 and a bunch of vet minimums and cast aways.

I changed up the offer. I don't think they should give up that much and CP3 will not get many offers so they can lower the price. Give up Hardaway and Lee, another contract to match salaries. Keep Brunson and the 1st and I think this isn't a bad option. They still have Brunson, Barea and Curry for guard depth, plus Doncic and CP3. Overall I agree though...it isn't ideal

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I changed up the offer. I don't think they should give up that much and CP3 will not get many offers so they can lower the price. Give up Hardaway and Lee, another contract to match salaries. Keep Brunson and the 1st and I think this isn't a bad option. They still have Brunson, Barea and Curry for guard depth, plus Doncic and CP3. Overall I agree though...it isn't ideal

Yeah I see that, and it is more palatable. But Cuban is capt "keep the powder dry" so I don't see him taking on an old vet (ala Kidd) unless it is the missing piece. CP3 isn't that, not this year. 3 years is when our window opens as the current super teams all age out (lebron, PG, RW, Harden, Curry, Kawai) so if Cubes is going to buy big it is gonna have to be a younger PG. Those aren't on the market so keep the cap room to at least try. I think I saw a trade machine option that was Lee +something like $5M cash for CP3 straight up, maybe we threw in a 2nd rounder. I could see that option playing out, but I really like what I see in Brunson and we need to keep all of our 1sts. I also liked Hardaway with Luka, they did well together. Now and in Porzi, rather stick with what we have right now and see how it goes this season. Luka needs a sophomore season and Porzi is going to take some time to get back up to speed. This season is already lost, will fight for the 8th spot at best.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a bad dream that the Heat traded for him......

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I see that, and it is more palatable. But Cuban is capt "keep the powder dry" so I don't see him taking on an old vet (ala Kidd) unless it is the missing piece. CP3 isn't that, not this year. 3 years is when our window opens as the current super teams all age out (lebron, PG, RW, Harden, Curry, Kawai) so if Cubes is going to buy big it is gonna have to be a younger PG. Those aren't on the market so keep the cap room to at least try. I think I saw a trade machine option that was Lee +something like $5M cash for CP3 straight up, maybe we threw in a 2nd rounder. I could see that option playing out, but I really like what I see in Brunson and we need to keep all of our 1sts. I also liked Hardaway with Luka, they did well together. Now and in Porzi, rather stick with what we have right now and see how it goes this season. Luka needs a sophomore season and Porzi is going to take some time to get back up to speed. This season is already lost, will fight for the 8th spot at best.

Well CP3 does have a player option for 21-22 but you gotta think he accepts it, really the only obstacle in possibly making this deal bc they could get him off the books and still be able to sign a FA in 2021 even by making this deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a bad dream that the Heat traded for him......

I heard rumors that they haven't been interested or talked to OKC about CP3...which makes...so we probably see CP3 in a Heat uniform in what 4-5 days? lol

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Philly have room for him? Won't even pretend to know what a trade would look like, but seems like they could use a good veteran presence and someone who can slow the game down. Even if the voice is from the bench.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Philly have room for him? Won't even pretend to know what a trade would look like, but seems like they could use a good veteran presence and someone who can slow the game down. Even if the voice is from the bench.

Uhh I don't see a way of Philly getting him unless they give up Harris or Horford and that definitely won't happen. I don't see any possible way for them to acquire him