• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post here if your team would have 1 or 0 losses

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm basing it off they lost to Iowa...

Nothing in here is anything other than personal perception. The bases for your reasoning is flawed. The transitive property doesn't work.

The transitive property holds way more watering then your "they lost to Iowa" bs.

Why would you limit it to Iowa? Why not Wisconsin? Penn State? Or even Colorado?????

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in.. Texas is 0-0 right now.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The transitive property holds way more watering then your "they lost to Iowa" bs.

Why would you limit it to Iowa? Why not Wisconsin? Penn State? Or even Colorado?????
Not really. They beat Penn State and Wisconsin, both of them beat Iowa. So it didn't work there. UW beat Stanford and Utah, both of which beat USC, transitive property didn't work too well there either...

And limit what to Iowa? Michigan lost to Iowa... they didn't lose to Wisconsin, Penn state, or colorado.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. They beat Penn State and Wisconsin, both of them beat Iowa. So it didn't work there. UW beat Stanford and Utah, both of which beat USC, transitive property didn't work too well there either...

And limit what to Iowa? Michigan lost to Iowa... they didn't lose to Wisconsin, Penn state, or colorado.

Michigan also beat the Pac12 #2 rather easily. You jumping to conclusions that Michigan would lose to those 3 teams is beyond silly. Sure thetransivitive property isn't always as useful. But it's the only thing we have to go off of, not a loss to Iowa.

Michigan had a top 10 sos and finished 10-2. Losing the two games by 4 points combined.

It's not crazy to think they would go undefeated or one loss with a 60something sos.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan also beat the Pac12 #2 rather easily. You jumping to conclusions that Michigan would lose to those 3 teams is beyond silly. Sure thetransivitive property isn't always as useful. But it's the only thing we have to go off of, not a loss to Iowa.

Michigan had a top 10 sos and finished 10-2. Losing the two games by 4 points combined.

It's not crazy to think they would go undefeated or one loss with a 60something sos.
I didn't say they'd lose to those three... I'm saying we can assume they'd lose to one, and USC would be a toss up. You don't get to lose to Iowa and then say you'd easily run the Pac 12 when the season's over and you want something to feel good about.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say they'd lose to those three... I'm saying we can assume they'd lose to one, and USC would be a toss up. You don't get to lose to Iowa and then say you'd easily run the Pac 12...

Sure you do, if you don't limit yourself to only looking at the Iowa loss. They beat 3 top 10 teams, lost to the 4th in double OT with some questionable calls. Whose to say they couldn't run through the PAC when considering that.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you do, if you don't limit yourself to only looking at the Iowa loss. They beat 3 top 10 teams, lost to the 4th in double OT with some questionable calls. Whose to say they couldn't run through the PAC when considering that.
Well, I did. I don't think it's unreasonable to say they'd drop one to a Utah, Stanford, or WSU (considering they did to a similar quality team), and call USC late in the year a toss up. You can claim they wouldn't, there's no way I can prove you wrong. Congratulations.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I did. I don't think it's unreasonable to say they'd drop one to a Utah, Stanford, or WSU (considering they did to a similar quality team), and call USC late in the year a toss up. You can claim they wouldn't, there's no way I can prove you wrong. Congratulations.

Nor will I call you wrong because there's no way I can prove it. Agree to disagree

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it's not reasonable to speculate they would still have at least a loss with any other schedule given they lost to a piss poor Iowa team, but its perfectly acceptable to speculate they would beat every team in a conference because they beat one team from that conference? :L

Seems legit.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's not reasonable to speculate they would still have at least a loss with any other schedule given they lost to a piss poor Iowa team, but its perfectly acceptable to speculate they would beat every team in a conference because they beat one team from that conference? :L

Seems legit.

It's not reasonable to judge a team solely on one game they lost while ignoring the other 11 they played. Surely you are smart enough to see that. Surely?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not reasonably to judge a team solely on one game they lost while ignoring the other 11 they played. Surely you are smart enough to see that. Surely?
Surely you are smart enough to see that you can't make any assumption what so ever on what teams might do against teams they actually haven't faced. Surely?

If you can't guess they might lose one against a slate that had teams much tougher than Iowa, then you also can't assume they'd run the table because they beat one single team from that conference. And vice versa.

Seriously, this same exact thread is made every single college football season. We are just happy it's about us now and we aren't being ignored as an also ran anymore.

Carry on.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely you are smart enough to see that you can't make any assumption what so ever on what teams might do against teams they actually haven't faced. Surely?

If you can't guess they might lose one against a slate that had teams much tougher than Iowa, then you also can't assume they'd run the table because they beat one single team from that conference. And vice versa.

Seriously, this same exact thread is made every single college football season. We are just happy it's about us now and we aren't being ignored as an also ran anymore.

Carry on.

Surely you know you can make assumptions about anything? Surely?

Next a reasonable assumption can absolutely be made that a team such as Michigan who handle the number 2 pac team could in fact come out of a Washington type schedule undefeated or with one loss considering the same Michigan team faced a tougher schedule and only had 2 losses. (By a combined 4 points)

Finally, you keep bringing up Iowa. Sure there are some tougher teams then them in the Pac, but that's why you look at the whole schedule and not just one game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, you keep bringing up Iowa. Sure there are some tougher teams then them in the Pac, but that's why you look at the whole schedule and not just one game.
So it's ok for YOU to look at exactly one game (Colorado) and make assumptions, but not anyone else?

No, no it's not reasonable. What we do know as a fact is the only team in a P5 that didn't stub their toe was Alabama. Every other team lost at least once and really only Ohio State didn't have some kind of bad loss. Out of ALL of the P5 conferences.

That's a fact.

So tell us again how it's reasonable to think ANY team taking on ANY other P5 schedule would magically do what only Alabama did.

The truth is it's fucking hard to run the table. It's hard to do so in even down P5 conference divisions. It is rare by all accounts. Very few EVER do it.

Facts don't support your claims man. They don't.

But do keep on with this though experiments as long as our team is on everyones lips we are doing it right. :thumb:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's ok for YOU to look at exactly one game (Colorado) and make assumptions, but not anyone else?

No, no it's not reasonable. What we do know as a fact is the only team in a P5 that didn't stub their toe was Alabama. Every other team lost at least once and really only Ohio State didn't have some kind of bad loss. Out of ALL of the P5 conferences.

That's a fact.

So tell us again how it's reasonable to think ANY team taking on ANY other P5 schedule would magically do what only Alabama did.

The truth is it's fucking hard to run the table. It's hard to do so in even down P5 conference divisions. It is rare by all accounts. Very few EVER do it.

Facts don't support your claims man. They don't.

But do keep on with this though experiments as long as our team is on everyones lips we are doing it right. :thumb:

Can you not read? I said look at michigans whole schedule. Look at the tough games they played and how they played in them. It's more then reasonable to say they would perform at an undefeated or one loss pace with the schedule Washington had. Facts more then support my claim.

But no, you and the other huskie want to keep bringing up the loss to Iowa. As if that would mean they'd be a four loss team in the PAC. Please stop acting like the PAC was anything close to the B10 competition wise.

A yes, and keep being a homer too.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He says look at their whole schedule, but ignore Iowa. :L

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He says look at their whole schedule, but ignore Iowa. :L

You criticize for looking at Colorado, Wisconsin, penn state and Ohio state allthewhile just concentrating on Iowa. LOL

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you not read? I said look at michigans whole schedule. Look at the tough games they played and how they played in them. It's more then reasonable to say they would perform at an undefeated or one loss pace with the schedule Washington had. Facts more then support my claim.

But no, you and the other huskie want to keep bringing up the loss to Iowa. As if that would mean they'd be a four loss team in the PAC. Please stop acting like the PAC was anything close to the B10 competition wise.

A yes, and keep being a homer too.
Who said they'd be a 4 loss team? You're just being ridiculous...

All anyone is saying is you look stupid when you claim you'd run the table with someone else's schedule when one of your losses is to a shitty team.

If that makes us homers, so be it.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said they'd be a 4 loss team? You're just being ridiculous...

All anyone is saying is you look stupid when you claim you'd run the table with someone else's schedule when one of your losses is to a shitty team.

If that makes us homers, so be it.

Bullshit, if you factor in the whole schedule Michigan played which was a much tougher schedule then washingtons, you could make the correlation that Michigan with an easier schedule could be a one loss or even undefeated. Concentrating on that one loss is more then rediculous when you see Michigan played 4 top 10 teams and beat them, one of which finished second in your conference.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit, if you factor in the whole schedule Michigan played which was a much tougher schedule then washingtons, you could make the correlation that Michigan with an easier schedule could be a one loss or even undefeated. Concentrating on that one loss is more then rediculous when you see Michigan played 4 top 10 teams and beat them, one of which finished second in your conference.
You could, but they lost to Iowa during a not particularly tough part of their schedule, and I think you're giving some of those top 10 teams more credit than they're worth. So many seem real quick to call Colorado overrated until we're talking about Michigan's super tough schedule, then they're just one of the top 10 teams. When you think of the best teams in the country this year does your mind really go to Penn state and Wisconsin? Obviously they don't suck, but come on... They lost to an average Iowa team between Indiana and Minnesota. No, I'm not buying their apparently overwhelming schedule made them lose focus. They pissed the bed in two games, one happened to be a top 4 team, if it was just that bed wetting I wouldn't be arguing, but the other lost to an FCS team and is average at best.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thankfully Willie Taggart has been hired to remedy this situation for the coming decade