• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Here If Your Team Is 0-1

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but not much is expected from the Panthers and Texans. The Giants and Seahawks were expected to be competitive at least. I didn't really expect the Giants to beat the Cowboys but the Seahawks completely overlooked the Rams and didn't show up to play. I expected the Rams to fight hard but their roster is supposed to be pretty bare. We let a 5th rd rookie catch 10 passes for 119 yds and Atwell was open all day. And our offense was just putrid vs. a bunch of first and second year guys nobody ever heard of. Having said that, props to the Rams coaching staff and players for executing a perfect gameplan.
Texans fired their coach, got the #2 and #3 overall pick in the 2023 draft and the #3 pick in the 2022 draft and still look awful. I know if I was employed in that organization Id be pretty nervous.

But yeah...if I was a Seattle fan Id almost want the team to tank after that week 1. I'm not sure 'Geno Smith era' is a thing

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 can be weird. I guess with rule changes some teams are inadvertently still in preseason mode. Perhaps that's what happened to the Giants and they got their 1 loss out of the way.
:D

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 can be weird. I guess with rule changes some teams are inadvertently still in preseason mode. Perhaps that's what happened to the Giants and they got their 1 loss out of the way.
:D
I wish the Steelers were still in preseason mode... They looked completely different last month

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Most teams can at least find a silver lining or something. Steelers, Giants got stomped by a juggernaut defense. Bengals and Chiefs looked bad but nobody expects that to last and honestly, the Browns just have Cinci's number, it seems. Not surprised by the Vikings at all. Kirk having 3 TOs was a killer and Tampa still has some players on that roster.
But the Seahawks were trash at home. Okay but not great in the first half but totally conservative and zero adjustments from the coaching staff at halftime while the Rams with a bunch of rookies and no names besides Donald came out in the 2nd half and just destroyed them in every way possible. Didn't even need Kupp for Stafford to completely dismantle the Hawks supposed strength on defense. Fucking travesty.

I got the "pleasure" of watching the Steelers, Seahawks, and Giants in a row and while I thought the Giants had the worst overall game I do think the Seahawks had the worst week of the 3.

But I gotta say the 2nd half of the Seahawks game was probably some of the worse football you'll see. I know both offensive tackles were hurt for the Hawks but it's not like the Rams have monster edge rushers or a monster defense so you gotta be able to at least put together something that resembles an offense.

Week 1 so everything is pretty much an overreaction and I do think a lot of these teams that lost will improve but a lot of expectations should be tempered for a few of the teams that got hype in the offseason.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I gotta say the 2nd half of the Seahawks game was probably some of the worse football you'll see. I know both offensive tackles were hurt for the Hawks but it's not like the Rams have monster edge rushers or a monster defense so you gotta be able to at least put together something that resembles an offense.
There should be no, "but" in there... Losing both tackles for any team is huge regardless of the guys upfront on the opposing DL... Because of that, the Rams were blitzing more putting more pressure on our OL and we weren't able to leave our tackles one on one vs their pressure like we were able to with our starting tackles... There was a reason you saw Donald absolutely blowing us up in the 2nd half when our tackles went out... It affected things in a big way for our offense... Geno had no time to throw or set his feet like he did in the 1st half...

Credit to the Rams defense... Take took full advantage of our tackles going out by putting more pressure on them to protect...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played the Eagles pretty tough, man ..
That is one thing you can say about Belichick, he has his team ready after week and make it a game every week. The Patriots hardly get handled easily, unless it is just one of those games where just everything just falls apart.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one thing you can say about Belichick, he has his team ready after week and make it a game every week. The Patriots hardly get handled easily, unless it is just one of those games just everything just falls apart.
They almost did fall apart. Credit the D that played smash mouth and the O line actually held up against arguably the best D line in Eagles. Frustrating start in 1st Q, but they hung in there and almost won after what shaping up to be a major blow out.

Pats D is interesting, big guys up front and relatively small but speedy backfield that covers and tackles well.