• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Here If Your Team Is Undefeated

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again it was the 3rd string defense that failed. The 1st and 2nd team defense did just fine. The 49ers moved the ball some on the 2nd string defense but points wise they scored 10 points against our 2nd string defense through 3 quarters. We average that out and that is less than 14 points a game if that continues. Heck the 1st and 2nd string defense so far in the preseason have played 6 quarters and only given up 10 points between them. I would say that is doing pretty good. 7 points were a pick-6 and 14 points were in the 4th quarter against guys who do not make our roster.

Also I'm not expecting the QB to lead us to the Playoffs. It will be our defense and run game. As you can see above the defense seems to be doing just fine even with some starters still sitting out like Talib (expected to play this Saturday) and Ware (starts practice tomorrow). Our run game so far in the preseason has looked fine. Heck we averaged almost 5 yards a carry against the 49ers. Not saying much yet but at least shows some promise that our run game could be pretty good. So for the QB position it comes down to not turning the ball over and making a few pass plays to keep the defense backed off.

You are an optimist, my friend....That was the 9rs in a total rebuild, without a starter quality qb, they shouldn't have been able to score on the practice squad, you said as much before the game, but have been totally back peddling ever since they got whooped by a very weak team at this point...
I think Chip will be competitive this yr, given some time to build, but right now, the Broncos have to be embarrassed from that showing...IMO anyway !!
It will be interesting to see how it all works come Sept and on....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are an optimist, my friend....That was the 9rs in a total rebuild, without a starter quality qb, they shouldn't have been able to score on the practice squad, you said as much before the game, but have been totally back peddling ever since they got whooped by a very weak team at this point...
I think Chip will be competitive this yr, given some time to build, but right now, the Broncos have to be embarrassed from that showing...IMO anyway !!
It will be interesting to see how it all works come Sept and on....

It wasn't our best showing but again show me where the starting unit and back up unit for the Broncos defense got embarrassed? Is giving up 10 total points in 6 quarters really embarrassing? What does that say about your team or many of the other teams in the NFL that have given up much more from their 1st 2 units? Yes I realize the 49ers are not some great team and will struggle on offense but like I said this boils down to our 3rd string defense struggled and gave up some big plays. I'm not going to worry about players that are not going to be on our team here in 2 weeks.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't our best showing but again show me where the starting unit and back up unit for the Broncos defense got embarrassed? Is giving up 10 total points in 6 quarters really embarrassing? What does that say about your team or many of the other teams in the NFL that have given up much more from their 1st 2 units? Yes I realize the 49ers are not some great team and will struggle on offense but like I said this boils down to our 3rd string defense struggled and gave up some big plays. I'm not going to worry about players that are not going to be on our team here in 2 weeks.

You are the one that started out in this thread by stating that you didn't see any way the 9rs could score enough to win this game, now you want to break it down into quarters to save face....We debated about the effectiveness of a total preseason game, you put a lot of stock in these games, I didn't....
Your quote from post #24,
"I guess let me put it this way in I don't see our defense giving up a ton of points to any of their offenses"

We have beaten Carolina and the Colts without our starting qb, both pass rushers, wr's Smitty and Perriman, etc, but you don't hear me tooting my horn about it because I still see areas will need to improve in a real 4 qtr game...
As I said before, winning is great, but you have to do it when it really counts......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one that started out in this thread by stating that you didn't see any way the 9rs could score enough to win this game, now you want to break it down into quarters to save face....We debated about the effectiveness of a total preseason game, you put a lot of stock in these games, I didn't....
Your quote from post #24,
"I guess let me put it this way in I don't see our defense giving up a ton of points to any of their offenses"

We have beaten Carolina and the Colts without our starting qb, both pass rushers, wr's Smitty and Perriman, etc, but you don't hear me tooting my horn about it because I still see areas will need to improve in a real 4 qtr game...
As I said before, winning is great, but you have to do it when it really counts......

I have said repeatedly that I was wrong in that our 3rd string defense got beat badly in this last game during the 4th quarter. I'm not making any excuses for that. They played terrible. They were out of position and they tackled terribly in this one. What I'm saying is that our starting unit and our back up unit have both looked good so far in the preseason through 6 quarters. I'm not saying anything that isn't true so far. That isn't a subjective statement or me being some kind of homer. Our 3rd string unit isn't as good as I first thought but if that is our biggest issue on defense that our guys that maybe make the practice squad struggled then I'm just not too worried about them or my evaluation of the players that will actually play on the team.

And you are the one that said I should be worried because the Broncos defense got beat by a bad 49ers offense. I'm the one that said to not read too much into that and I have told you repeatedly that winning this game doesn't matter. I said that turnovers could easily turn this game in the 49ers favor and wow look what happened the broncos turned the ball over quite a bit and lost the game. For some reason though you are struggling to read my posts because you keep saying things I'm not saying.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,256.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning in pre-season doesn't matter much. The Lions were 4-0 but ended up going 0-16 in 2008.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said repeatedly that I was wrong in that our 3rd string defense got beat badly in this last game during the 4th quarter. I'm not making any excuses for that. They played terrible. They were out of position and they tackled terribly in this one. What I'm saying is that our starting unit and our back up unit have both looked good so far in the preseason through 6 quarters. I'm not saying anything that isn't true so far. That isn't a subjective statement or me being some kind of homer. Our 3rd string unit isn't as good as I first thought but if that is our biggest issue on defense that our guys that maybe make the practice squad struggled then I'm just not too worried about them or my evaluation of the players that will actually play on the team.

And you are the one that said I should be worried because the Broncos defense got beat by a bad 49ers offense. I'm the one that said to not read too much into that and I have told you repeatedly that winning this game doesn't matter. I said that turnovers could easily turn this game in the 49ers favor and wow look what happened the broncos turned the ball over quite a bit and lost the game. For some reason though you are struggling to read my posts because you keep saying things I'm not saying.

They put up 17 points on them in the 2nd qtr, can't tell me they were all 3rds, nor that no starters were still in there......Ain't worth going on about though, so good luck going forward, unless they meet us of course !! :D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They put up 17 points on them in the 2nd qtr, can't tell me they were all 3rds, nor that no starters were still in there......Ain't worth going on about though, so good luck going forward, unless they meet us of course !! :D

So guessing you didn't actually watch the game then. No reason to continue this conversation when you make it very clear that you didn't watch the game. Maybe you should go look at realize that the 49ers had a pick-6 plus then of course an extra point. So no there was not 17 points scored on the Broncos defense in the 2nd quarter. Also yes the starters were out by then. Most of the starters played at most 2 series in the game. They looked good so the coaches switched very quickly to the back ups to give them more tape to evaluate on the guys they need to see about actually making the team.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So guessing you didn't actually watch the game then. No reason to continue this conversation when you make it very clear that you didn't watch the game. Maybe you should go look at realize that the 49ers had a pick-6 plus then of course an extra point. So no there was not 17 points scored on the Broncos defense in the 2nd quarter. Also yes the starters were out by then. Most of the starters played at most 2 series in the game. They looked good so the coaches switched very quickly to the back ups to give them more tape to evaluate on the guys they need to see about actually making the team.

Didn't need to watch it, saw the lowlights and stats say 17 points 2nd qtr, I don't care how they got it, the Donkeys allowed it to happen from a rebuilding team with whole new staff and system and no starter level qb....
If you're happy with that, all I can say is " Awe Bless his heart"....:tsk:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't need to watch it, saw the lowlights and stats say 17 points 2nd qtr, I don't care how they got it, the Donkeys allowed it to happen from a rebuilding team with whole new staff and system and no starter level qb....
If you're happy with that, all I can say is " Awe Bless his heart"....:tsk:

Well if we are talking defense and you come on here saying that our 2nd string and possibly some 1st string guys gave up 17 points in the 2nd quarter then yeah it shows you didn't watch the game and have no clue what actually happened. Kind of hurts you ability to actually argue when you don't know what you are talking about.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also not sure someone who last year thought his team was going to easily make the playoffs and then watched them bomb throughout the season is one that should be talking about being happy with his team. At least mine has shown very recent history of playing at a very high level and a very consistent level.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they would have any problem taking over the house that Watt built....After all, it's just a guest house compared to Jerry's world anyway.....I would think Texans fans would be fuming that the other texas team would be playing the big show in their stadium though !!
:yell:>:(:exploding:

Without a doubt. There is a very huge jealousy/inferiority complex that exists in Houston when it comes to the city of Dallas.

Players from all sports leave cities via free agency all the time. But when Chandler Parsons left the Houston Rockets and went to the Dallas Mavericks, Rockets' fans lost their fucking minds.

Because he went to Dallas.

The only thing more hated in Houston than Dallas right now might be Gary Kubiak.

A Cowboys-Broncos Super Bowl in Houston and the city might just internally combust.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt. There is a very huge jealousy/inferiority complex that exists in Houston when it comes to the city of Dallas.

Players from all sports leave cities via free agency all the time. But when Chandler Parsons left the Houston Rockets and went to the Dallas Mavericks, Rockets' fans lost their fucking minds.

Because he went to Dallas.

The only thing more hated in Houston than Dallas right now might be Gary Kubiak.

A Cowboys-Broncos Super Bowl in Houston and the city might just internally combust.

Question on this...Since Kubiak was fired why is the city angry with him? Shouldn't they be angry with the organization for letting him get away?

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we are talking defense and you come on here saying that our 2nd string and possibly some 1st string guys gave up 17 points in the 2nd quarter then yeah it shows you didn't watch the game and have no clue what actually happened. Kind of hurts you ability to actually argue when you don't know what you are talking about.

I know what happened, but as usual, you find an excuse I won't agree with....Do your job, or catch the bus...That's the real world in the NFL, live and learn......They didn't do their job, plain and simple....
Make all the excuses you want, but you said their offenses couldn't put up a ton of points on your defenses,
31 points.....THIRTY ONE POINTS.......XXXI POINTS......Says you don't know what you're talking about !!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question on this...Since Kubiak was fired why is the city angry with him? Shouldn't they be angry with the organization for letting him get away?

Because most Houston fans aren't that bright....

Another thing, and this is a fact.

There are a lot of University of Texas alum and fans in the city of Houston who hated Kubiak simply for his A&M ties and the fact that the Houston owner also had those A&M ties and he was hated from day 1 by that segment of the Houston fan base and media. And they blamed that for the Texans not drafting Vince Young and that whole mess.

Houston has some really dumb fans.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what happened, but as usual, you find an excuse I won't agree with....Do your job, or catch the bus...That's the real world in the NFL, live and learn......They didn't do their job, plain and simple....
Make all the excuses you want, but you said their offenses couldn't put up a ton of points on your defenses,
31 points.....THIRTY ONE POINTS.......XXXI POINTS......Says you don't know what you're talking about !!

You are like talking to a brick wall. Saying that the 49ers offense did not put up 31 points on the Broncos defense is not making an excuse. It is you not understanding the actual game and what happened. How in the world is the defense responsible for the QB throwing a pick-6? If you can answer me how that happens then yeah I will agree that our defense gave up 31 points. Otherwise not all 31 points were against our defense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because most Houston fans aren't that bright....

Another thing, and this is a fact.

There are a lot of University of Texas alum and fans in the city of Houston who hated Kubiak simply for his A&M ties and the fact that the Houston owner also had those A&M ties and he was hated from day 1 by that segment of the Houston fan base and media. And they blamed that for the Texans not drafting Vince Young and that whole mess.

Houston has some really dumb fans.

Ahh got yah. Just knowing the little I do about Kubiak it is hard to imagine anybody hating the guy. He is about as down to earth and easy to get along with coaches I have seen. Heck a ton of his ex-players love to come hang out during the off season/training camp time just to get the chance to talk to him again. Even Texas A&M has called him up asking if he will talk to some of the young players to help them learn to become a professional.

I will say though that there are past coaches that I do not like from the Broncos. McDaniels couldn't get out of town quick enough but that was more for his ego and just destruction of the team. I still have high hopes for Shanahan though to get back into the league and do well.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are like talking to a brick wall. Saying that the 49ers offense did not put up 31 points on the Broncos defense is not making an excuse. It is you not understanding the actual game and what happened. How in the world is the defense responsible for the QB throwing a pick-6? If you can answer me how that happens then yeah I will agree that our defense gave up 31 points. Otherwise not all 31 points were against our defense.

It make little difference whether 24 or 31 on the defense in particular, last time I checked, it's a team sport....
Good D's can be beat easily if the O can't move the ball and keep them off the field, they tire late and lose games...But one more time for you, it ain't like we're talking about NE, GB or Seattle here, we're talking about a rebuilding team with below par qb's ,man...
One of those teams above, would have put a 50 burger on them in that game.....
I'm exiting the PC now, catch you tomorrow....

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh got yah. Just knowing the little I do about Kubiak it is hard to imagine anybody hating the guy. He is about as down to earth and easy to get along with coaches I have seen. Heck a ton of his ex-players love to come hang out during the off season/training camp time just to get the chance to talk to him again. Even Texas A&M has called him up asking if he will talk to some of the young players to help them learn to become a professional.

I will say though that there are past coaches that I do not like from the Broncos. McDaniels couldn't get out of town quick enough but that was more for his ego and just destruction of the team. I still have high hopes for Shanahan though to get back into the league and do well.

It is an ironic twist of fate to Houston fans because Wade Phillips was absolutely loved in Houston and people were hoping he would get the full head coaching job when Kubiak left.

But again, sentimentality was overriding knowledge in Houston. Wade is a guy who will be great as a defensive coordinator but just doesn't get the job done as a head coach. And the Kubiak-Wade combination is a proven success story with both Houston and now Denver as well.

IMO, the Texans fucked up royally when they let a weird season with the strangest losses possible send those two somewhere else.

And Denver is definitely the beneficiary of that bonehead decision.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It make little difference whether 24 or 31 on the defense in particular, last time I checked, it's a team sport....
Good D's can be beat easily if the O can't move the ball and keep them off the field, they tire late and lose games...But one more time for you, it ain't like we're talking about NE, GB or Seattle here, we're talking about a rebuilding team with below par qb's ,man...
One of those teams above, would have put a 50 burger on them in that game.....
I'm exiting the PC now, catch you tomorrow....

A 50 burger? Again here we are talking about the only group that really struggled big time being that of our 3rd string group. Our 1st and 2nd team group were in for the first 3 quarters. They gave up 10 points in that stretch. So unless those teams have a 3rd string QB that can go crazy I'm not exactly seeing your logic here. Unless you are saying that those teams would have had about 3-4 more pick-6's in that game. This is why when points happen in the preseason matter and how they happen matters. Can't just look at the final score and say "hey look this team stunk." If they had scored 14 points in the 1st quarter when our 1st string played most of the quarter then yeah I would be a lot more concerned as a fan. When they are doing it against guys that just maybe will be our back ups and play on special teams or the group of guys that will be lucky to make our practice squad then yeah I don't worry as much as a fan.

Again though if you want to just keep looking at the box score and basing your entire opinion on that then go right ahead.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an ironic twist of fate to Houston fans because Wade Phillips was absolutely loved in Houston and people were hoping he would get the full head coaching job when Kubiak left.

But again, sentimentality was overriding knowledge in Houston. Wade is a guy who will be great as a defensive coordinator but just doesn't get the job done as a head coach. And the Kubiak-Wade combination is a proven success story with both Houston and now Denver as well.

IMO, the Texans fucked up royally when they let a weird season with the strangest losses possible send those two somewhere else.

And Denver is definitely the beneficiary of that bonehead decision.

Oh I love the combination of Wade/Kubiak. They seem to be on the same page of what they want to do. And you are right Wade is a much better DC than HC at this point. Heck when he first was hired by the Broncos he said as much and so far that has proven very true.

And you are right that was a weird season with Kubiak going down with his stroke and the team losing some games in weird fashion. I mean they had the Seahawks game won and then a pick-6 loses them the game. Seemed like that happened a couple of other times as well. Just a weird year. I'll take it though as I love this coaching staff. Can't believe that Kollar left to come to the Broncos as well. He has been great to watch in practice. I have to think by the end of practice he has no voice with how much yelling he does.