• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Here If Your Team Is Undefeated

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals fans are taking home the title "Embarassed Again" by the San Diego Chargers 16-0 at Halftime.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals fans are taking home the title "Embarassed Again" by the San Diego Chargers 16-0 at Halftime.

So maybe we shouldn't crown them SB champs just yet?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, you know you can't depend on preseason outcomes to gauge rookies in real games....I've seen several qb's as well as other positions play lights out in pre, but fold like a dollar store lawn chair when the real games kicked off...
Mike Tyson used to say; everyone has a plan until they get hit hard and everything changes....
We had Kyle Boller who was great in practice and pre season but turned into Barney Fife looking for his bullet when the game was on, Derek Anderson came in a pre game for us and lit it up, does anyone know what team he is 3rd string on today....
Winning is always good, but pre season is more about other things than the W......
The 3rd game is the most telling if both teams play their 1st stringers a while, after that, it's a roll of the dice imo..

I understand anything you see has to be taken with a grain of salt but for the Broncos these are the closest thing they have to live game action to gauge who is winning the QB battle. So yes the preseason games actually do matter to the Broncos to see who can handle the pressure of knowing a starting QB position is on the line. So if they go out and lay a stinker especially when teams are playing vanilla defense then they shouldn't be winning the starting job.

As for winning the game I am basing this just more on the joint practices this week where the Broncos defense 1st string through 3rd string dominated the 49ers. I guess let me put it this way in I don't see our defense giving up a ton of points to any of their offenses. Now maybe they get some turnovers or some special teams plays that help them win the game. That happens sometimes. So I'm not so much concerned about the final score but in seeing the individual battles and how they do.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
careful what u wish for:suds:

2008 lions went 0-16 they were 4-0 pre season:suds:

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand anything you see has to be taken with a grain of salt but for the Broncos these are the closest thing they have to live game action to gauge who is winning the QB battle. So yes the preseason games actually do matter to the Broncos to see who can handle the pressure of knowing a starting QB position is on the line. So if they go out and lay a stinker especially when teams are playing vanilla defense then they shouldn't be winning the starting job.

As for winning the game I am basing this just more on the joint practices this week where the Broncos defense 1st string through 3rd string dominated the 49ers. I guess let me put it this way in I don't see our defense giving up a ton of points to any of their offenses. Now maybe they get some turnovers or some special teams plays that help them win the game. That happens sometimes. So I'm not so much concerned about the final score but in seeing the individual battles and how they do.

As I said, pre season is more about other things than the W....And yes in the Broncos situation they are focuse especially but not totally on the qb position for obvious reasons, but I think it's a pretty sure thing that the vet will get the start and when he gets in trouble, one of the other guys will get a shot, probably Siemen....
But the point is after the 1's go out, the evaluations become flawed....They will get as much from them as they can but it's still only one way to tell if they can do it in a real game.....
And with Ware out Miller won't be quite as effective and from what I understand, a few more positions on that D that are new have to be proven yet also.....
So come on Sept, I'm ready for some real football !!!:hungry::playball::pop2:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, pre season is more about other things than the W....And yes in the Broncos situation they are focuse especially but not totally on the qb position for obvious reasons, but I think it's a pretty sure thing that the vet will get the start and when he gets in trouble, one of the other guys will get a shot, probably Siemen....
But the point is after the 1's go out, the evaluations become flawed....They will get as much from them as they can but it's still only one way to tell if they can do it in a real game.....
And with Ware out Miller won't be quite as effective and from what I understand, a few more positions on that D that are new have to be proven yet also.....
So come on Sept, I'm ready for some real football !!!:hungry::playball::pop2:

Ware is actually healthy now. They have been cautious with him this whole training camp but he should be fine. Not sure where you are hearing he isn't going to be playing. Pretty sure a HOF guy like Ware doesn't need snaps in the preseason to be ready for the year. Throw in they did use a 1st round pick on a pass rusher last year in Ray who has looked good and have Shaq Barrett who the Browns viewed as valued at a 1st round pick last year. When the Broncos were trying to trade for Joe Thomas they wanted either 2 1st round picks or a 1st round pick and Shaq Barrett.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta like the Sanchez highlights..

Depends who is watching them...Very disappointed with Siemian and Sanchez. Both had an incredible opportunity tonight to win the job and neither acted like they wanted it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It IS pre-season... But yeah I thought it was amusing.

I understand it is preseason but the coaches have told both of these guys that these preseason games matter a lot in the evaluation process of who wins the job. So knowing that fact and then watching them go out and perform like they did is just a bit disappointing. Doesn't mean they have failed for the season already whoever wins the job but like I said both of them had a great opportunity to really impress the coaches tonight and well it just didn't happen.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends who is watching them...Very disappointed with Siemian and Sanchez. Both had an incredible opportunity tonight to win the job and neither acted like they wanted it.

Siemian wasnt all that awful, i think he throws a nice ball, and outside of the INT, looked solid in the 1st qtr

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian wasnt all that awful, i think he throws a nice ball, and outside of the INT, looked solid in the 1st qtr

Ok good point. Outside of his interception he did fine. He had a very nice opening drive when all of our starters were in for the offense. Mostly my only other big issue with Siemian other than the big pick-6 is that he can be almost too cautious with the football. The Broncos had a 3rd and 7 I think and Sanders was wide open for an easy first down on a come back route and instead he threw it to the check down guy that ended up a couple of yards short of a first down. I'll still take that over the turnover machine that is Sanchez at the moment but I'm hoping if he wins the job he gets a bit of a confidence boost and starts making some more plays down the field.