• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Here If Your Team Is Undefeated

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok good point. Outside of his interception he did fine. He had a very nice opening drive when all of our starters were in for the offense. Mostly my only other big issue with Siemian other than the big pick-6 is that he can be almost too cautious with the football. The Broncos had a 3rd and 7 I think and Sanders was wide open for an easy first down on a come back route and instead he threw it to the check down guy that ended up a couple of yards short of a first down. I'll still take that over the turnover machine that is Sanchez at the moment but I'm hoping if he wins the job he gets a bit of a confidence boost and starts making some more plays down the field.

CD, as we discussed before the game when you thought it was no way the 9rs could score on that vaunted D....
You now have 31 reasons to convince you that they can and the D is not iconic.....
I would be more concerned right now about the D, which is their only hope of competing this yr, than those 2 mediocre to bad qb's...
Sanchez is who he is, can play very good one game, horrible next, Siemen is the same as a rookie, so you can't expect either of those guys to take the team on their back and lead to the post season...
That D has to play lights out, and going by the outcome against a very vulnerable 9rs team, they failed miserably..

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god, yeah. Local announcers are, more often than not, god awful. I can't even stand listening to them when it is my own team their are trying to beat off the entire game.
Would you rather have Joe and Troy???

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, as we discussed before the game when you thought it was no way the 9rs could score on that vaunted D....
You now have 31 reasons to convince you that they can and the D is not iconic.....
I would be more concerned right now about the D, which is their only hope of competing this yr, than those 2 mediocre to bad qb's...
Sanchez is who he is, can play very good one game, horrible next, Siemen is the same as a rookie, so you can't expect either of those guys to take the team on their back and lead to the post season...
That D has to play lights out, and going by the outcome against a very vulnerable 9rs team, they failed miserably..

They scored on our 2nd and 3rd team defenses though. Our 1st string defense played 1 series for the most part and that is with 3 starters still sitting out until next week. Our 1st string defense played 1 series and guess what the 49ers went 3 and out in that one series. So at this point not really worried about them. I thought our back up units would do a bit better than they did but they seemed to miss about 10 tackles that lead to some big plays unfortunately. Also only 24 points were scored on our defense and even that is debatable considering how many times we turned the ball over giving the 49ers some nice position.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They scored on our 2nd and 3rd team defenses though. Our 1st string defense played 1 series for the most part and that is with 3 starters still sitting out until next week. Our 1st string defense played 1 series and guess what the 49ers went 3 and out in that one series. So at this point not really worried about them. I thought our back up units would do a bit better than they did but they seemed to miss about 10 tackles that lead to some big plays unfortunately. Also only 24 points were scored on our defense and even that is debatable considering how many times we turned the ball over giving the 49ers some nice position.
It was the 49ers, so perhaps you should be worried.......

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well you knew that coming into the game as all preseason games except the 3rd, and you still thought that your D would shut them down beings they had no qb.....
As I said in earlier posts, you can only get so much info from preseason games, especially on rookies that will help you decide if they can do it in a real game....Nothing is certain until they do it !!
I never count any team out, it's the NFL, they're all pros, and on any given gameday, the worst team can be great......A lesson learned my friend..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the 49ers, so perhaps you should be worried.......

Our 1st string defense gave up 0 points and our 2nd string defense gave up 10 points in 3 quarters worth of work. Are you really worried if your 3rd string defense gives up a bunch of points considering maybe only 1 player on that unit will actually make the team?

So far our 1st string defense in 2 games has given up 1 first down and only 17 yards of offense when they have been in. That is also with a few starters still sitting out like Ware and Talib. So not I am not worried about the defense.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 bitches! Super Bowl!

Guaranteed! Super Bowl goes through Houston!

Well, that's because it is being played there but yeah....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 bitches! Super Bowl!

Guaranteed! Super Bowl goes through Houston!

Well, that's because it is being played there but yeah....
You better get on the phone with Arizona, because they claimed the honor first.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better get on the phone with Arizona, because they claimed the honor first.

The only way the Cardinals get to the Super Bowl is they have to come to Houston to play in it!

So take that!

Neener neener.

And shit.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way the Cardinals get to the Super Bowl is they have to come to Houston to play in it!

So take that!

Neener neener.

And shit.
Wait until Scooby reads this, he's gonna rip you a new one.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait until Scooby reads this, he's gonna rip you a new one.

As a Texan fan who does not live in Houston, I would be amused as all hell if the Cowboys went to the Super Bowl.

Think about it. Cowboys playing in the Super Bowl in Houston.

Those people would lose their fucking mind.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Texan fan who does not live in Houston, I would be amused as all hell if the Cowboys went to the Super Bowl.

Those people would lose their fucking mind.
I'd take that, especially consider I nearly gave them the SB in Dallas a few years ago. Didn't work out to well for me.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those people would lose their mind.

I don't think they would have any problem taking over the house that Watt built....After all, it's just a guest house compared to Jerry's world anyway.....I would think Texans fans would be fuming that the other texas team would be playing the big show in their stadium though !!
:yell:>:(:exploding:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again it was the 3rd string defense that failed. The 1st and 2nd team defense did just fine. The 49ers moved the ball some on the 2nd string defense but points wise they scored 10 points against our 2nd string defense through 3 quarters. We average that out and that is less than 14 points a game if that continues. Heck the 1st and 2nd string defense so far in the preseason have played 6 quarters and only given up 10 points between them. I would say that is doing pretty good. 7 points were a pick-6 and 14 points were in the 4th quarter against guys who do not make our roster.

Also I'm not expecting the QB to lead us to the Playoffs. It will be our defense and run game. As you can see above the defense seems to be doing just fine even with some starters still sitting out like Talib (expected to play this Saturday) and Ware (starts practice tomorrow). Our run game so far in the preseason has looked fine. Heck we averaged almost 5 yards a carry against the 49ers. Not saying much yet but at least shows some promise that our run game could be pretty good. So for the QB position it comes down to not turning the ball over and making a few pass plays to keep the defense backed off.