• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Game Thoughts...

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch my thoughts on Marcus Smith. I didn't realize that he played 17 snaps on special teams and was kept active for that reason over Brad Jones. Maybe there is some progress there.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thinking that the Murray pickup is probably one of the reasons Dallas is 2-6 and the Maxwell pickup is probably one of the reasons Seattle is 4-4.

Dallas has been running the ball fairly well ... not having Romo is by far their biggest problem with Dez Bryant being #2. Not that they don't miss Murray, but I don't think that's the reason they've been losing.

Seattle just looks out of sync offensively. I wonder if Russell Wilson has been a tad bit over rated as he's had the luxury of having a great Defense and a great running game? He even has Jimmy Graham and yet doesn't really use him like he should.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is 2-6 because Tony Romo and Dez Bryant got hurt. They groomed no backup QBs and are paying a steep price. McFadden is giving them solid production at RB.

As for Seattle, they are 4-4 because their offense has stunk. They might have had a slight dropoff with sconces after Maxwell, but that has hardly been their biggest problem.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda want Peters to move inside next year. Johnson and Kelly were impressive.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not go too overboard on Kelly just yet. He's been her fr about 4 years now, and this was the only game he showed well. To me, he is still a mediocre backup. I hope he proves me wrong. I am very glad that he stepped up last night.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're in a better spot than we were 6 weeks ago. We beat the pokes.

just run the ball and never pass and we could make the playoffs.

That's all i got.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think moving Peters to guard could extend his career an extra year or two. How do tou convince a pretty good tackle in Jason Peters that he'd make a great guard? I'm sure he likes left tackle money too.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has reportedly said he expects to end his career inside. So maybe not a tough sell.

On Dennis Kelly, I agree it may be too soon to anoint him the OT of the future. But he looks to be in that mix. I think we need more competition and depth pretty much everywhere on that line regardless.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're in a better spot than we were 6 weeks ago. We beat the pokes.

just run the ball and never pass and we could make the playoffs.

That's all i got.

Your hatred for Bradford is comical. How'd you like that over time touchdown? Did it feel good to win?

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
57853198.jpg
Your hatred for Bradford is comical. How'd you like that over time touchdown? Did it feel good to win?
Read the game thread, then come at me with this bullshit.

Fact is, Bradford is last or near last in the league in every major important category for a QB. We're 4-4 and he's the weak link. Pretty fucking comical.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is, Bradford is last or near last in the league in every major important category for a QB. We're 4-4 and he's the weak link. Pretty fucking comical.

Patience...

Going into the season he hadn't played in basically two years, had new teammates, learning a new offense, participated in about half of training camp and had a few preseason snaps. He's showing improvement on almost a weekly basis. I'm curious - what did you expect?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got nothing....this team Sucks...we were the better Suck team, that's it. The O-line played well, Bradford looked awful if you ask me in the first half....He looked scared to death. Second half he played much better, even stepped up in the pocket. The play calling was much better until we got down to the goal line, WTF was Chip thinking there? Our D-line is so damn over rated. Cox had one good game this year...1!!! People act like he is Jerome Brown! He was totally taken out of that game, Bennie Logan was average at best and Thornton should be a backup. We got gashed by Mcfadden??? Seriously? We made Cassel look like an all pro....Hail Mary's really? I'm suppose to be excited about that? it was great to beat Dallas, watching Dallas lose to anyone makes my day, but being honest, if they had Romo and Dez healthy, we lose by Double digits. This team Sucks!

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patience...

Going into the season he hadn't played in basically two years, had new teammates, learning a new offense, participated in about half of training camp and had a few preseason snaps. He's showing improvement on almost a weekly basis. I'm curious - what did you expect?
I expected marked improvement over Foles: 4500 yards 25-30TDs 65+% completion.

I'm not seeing the improvement. He's a bottom 10 QB.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Thornton actually had a good game. I agree that our run D has slipped a lot. Graham had a terrific game, and Baldwin was very active, but now the secondary is showing holes. Beasley embarrassed us. that has to change. We miss Shepard or Boykin, for sure. Hopefully Biggers will step up more. Also, Agoholor will be back this week, and help convert 3rd downs, which is still very poor. That would give the D some rest.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Thornton actually had a good game. I agree that our run D has slipped a lot. Graham had a terrific game, and Baldwin was very active, but now the secondary is showing holes. Beasley embarrassed us. that has to change. We miss Shepard or Boykin, for sure. Hopefully Biggers will step up more. Also, Agoholor will be back this week, and help convert 3rd downs, which is still very poor. That would give the D some rest.

Who the hell is baldwin?
How the hell can you miss a guy who's never played a single down, not even in an exhibition game, in the nfl?:scratch:

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I think half the people on the board think this is college football where the top teams play half their games against teams with a 20+ point line. This week is typical with only two of the 14 games predicted to be more than a TD difference. That is actually typical for a season that even the best teams will only have 2-3 games a year where they clearly outmatch the opponents.

Winning any game in the NFL is a tough task and should not be discounted. Every team is talented and highly motivated to win. With bad teams it can be even more so as the players and the coaches know they are playing for their careers. Hanging on to an NFL roster for a couple of years can be the difference in financial security for these young men. It's not wise to take that lightly.

I would like to see Kelly do a better job though of playing with a lead. I think he tends to go into protect mode a little too soon and allows teams to hang around.

As I said earlier though, the Parkey injury was a huge issue for this team. They could be 6-2 if they had acknowledged that earlier.

It was good to see Bradford both run this offense well AND get good results. I said a couple of weeks ago that although he was turning the ball over, I felt overall he was doing a better job of running this offense the way it should be run. Each week, he seems to be running it quicker and more confidently. And the turnovers have seem to went away. I think that may have been an aberration....either just a bit of growing in the system or a run of bad luck.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell is baldwin?
How the hell can you miss a guy who's never played a single down, not even in an exhibition game, in the nfl?:scratch:

Uh, Connor Baldwin??

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgive you, old duke. Even if other people want to jump down your throat for a simple mistake.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgive you, old duke. Even if other people want to jump down your throat for a simple mistake.

Thanks, Enut. That's why the name "OLD" DUKE! LOL. Barwin/Baldwin? Only Larry Brown (another old head) can appreciate. Some of you may remember why I mentioned Larry.