• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Game Thoughts...

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The Sam Bradford experiment is taking a turn for the better. If he continues to play like this he may be here a long time.
2. Stoutland once said that they have two Left Tackles. It was good to see that was true today, and that they can be effective with a lesser talent playing Right Tackle. If and when Peters is done, we can feel comfortable they have a player that can man this critical spot.
3. You also have to be feeling better about the confidence the Eagles showed in there veteran, unheralded lineman. Kelly, Tobin, Barbre and Gardner (when he was healthy) all look like competent players.
4. Jordan Hicks is making Chip Kelly look like a good drafter. This guy looks like he will be all pro level every year he is healthy. Hoping the injury is nothing serious.
5. When Marcus Smith gets zero snaps and Conner Barwin is on the field nearly every play - 8 games into year two - you know this guy is a bust.
6. Gotta love the remade secondary. I thought the Maxwell fouls on the last drive were weak on the officials. Thurmond was a huge find.
7. What was Jenkins thinking tackling Witten on that last play in regulation?
8. Love the story how Jordan Matthews evidently took every single snap in practice this week. He showed his character big time.
9. Kelly the GM is looking much better now. Thurmond. Bradford. Murray. Mathews. Hicks. Even Maxwell. Trusting his depth on the OL. Jury is still out on Agholor and Rowe, but they are getting quality production from the guys who are playing there. Let the rookies develop.
10. A little love for Sturgis is in order as well.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They had no time out left and were already in field goal range. Jenkins took the last second touchdown possibility away from the Cowgirls and forced them to kick. Maybe he thought he was going to get beat and just tackled him. :D Either way they only had time for the field goal and we wont in overtime. :D

It was nice to see the team fight for this game.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win. A lot of positives last nite. Chips play calling and decision making when comes to challenges is still very alarming to me. My thoughts about this team has not change one bit.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not as rosy on some of the GM stuff--we still have a makeshift line, and still have no outside receivers--but yes, Bradford played a mistake-free game and the run game is getting going. Jordan Hicks looks like a third-round steal and our secondary, while still shaky, is better than last season.

All in all, 4-4 with division wins over the Giants and Cowboys is a decent place to be at midseason. The Giants are still a half game ahead, but we are entering a softer chunk of our schedule and have a shot at getting a winning record going here. It will likely all come down to the very last game against the Giants though. Should be fun but a playoff berth looks possible.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly pleasantly surprised me with his play at RT. I owe him an apology. He manned up. If he gets stronger, he could be a dominant RT. The future is in his hands. I still want Chip to draft a stud college OT, and another G, and sign a good free agent OL, if the right one is available. Someone with a mean streak. A tough guy.

Sturgis has been a good replacement for Parkey. It should be a good battle next TC. Kudos to him for settling down after his first game.

Chip's draft is looking good. Rowe and Agoholor will be real good, and Hicks is already terrific. Hope that Shepard is healthy by TC, and ready to man the slot. The only complaint most of us have is that Chip should have picked La'el Collins in the 7th round. He would have completed the OL this year. Chip does need to draft another WR with speed next year. Huff doesn't show that he can be a good WR in the NFL.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The running game is looking better only because they've got two TE's. Either Mccoy made last years line look much better than it was or this years line is average at best.

Rowe and Agholor aren't even getting on the field, and they look good? Based on what?

The assessment of the team atpit is that they are a step down from last years team. That you're life and death to beat a team with a 3rd string qb and a defence that wilts in Q4 is hardly a sign of encouragement.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The Sam Bradford experiment is taking a turn for the better. If he continues to play like this he may be here a long time.

I want to see more out if him; and frankly I consider the level he displayed yesterday for most of the day as an absolute minimum baseline if he is to prove a clear upgrade over Nick Foles.

2. Stoutland once said that they have two Left Tackles. It was good to see that was true today, and that they can be effective with a lesser talent playing Right Tackle. If and when Peters is done, we can feel comfortable they have a player that can man this critical spot.

Sounds nice, but as is we then need an RT, I would like to see upgrades at G, a near future replacement for C, and capable back-ups. There is a whole lot of work left to do.

3. You also have to be feeling better about the confidence the Eagles showed in there veteran, unheralded lineman. Kelly, Tobin, Barbre and Gardner (when he was healthy) all look like competent players.

See above - upgrades/replacements are still needed.

4. Jordan Hicks is making Chip Kelly look like a good drafter. This guy looks like he will be all pro level every year he is healthy. Hoping the injury is nothing serious.

That seriously depends on how you assign responsibility for the draft picks since Kelly was here. Hicks is the only somewhat proven player from this year's draft. Agholor has looked little better so far than Marcus Smith.

5. When Marcus Smith gets zero snaps and Conner Barwin is on the field nearly every play - 8 games into year two - you know this guy is a bust.

Does not look good for him. Does not look good for Huff either.

6. Gotta love the remade secondary. I thought the Maxwell fouls on the last drive were weak on the officials. Thurmond was a huge find.

Let's wait and see for the whole season. Last week, and even two weeks ago, they did not look too good on too many an occasion (Beasly, for one).

As someone pointed out, TD prevention, allowing for others to pay extra attention to Bryant, Beasly and so on. And considering the way Hochuli and the likes were throwing flags around it was pretty much guaranteed that whatever would have happened, the only way there would NOT have been a flag is if Dallas had scored a TD.

8. Love the story how Jordan Matthews evidently took every single snap in practice this week. He showed his character big time.

Showed his character, might also show part of the problem of the drops in the first place. So fixated on hands that it becomes a mental block. So wait and see. Frankly for me I am still conflicted as far as utterly destroying the juggs machine.

9. Kelly the GM is looking much better now. Thurmond. Bradford. Murray. Mathews. Hicks. Even Maxwell. Trusting his depth on the OL. Jury is still out on Agholor and Rowe, but they are getting quality production from the guys who are playing there. Let the rookies develop.

Way too early to even consider judging the results. One fairly good game does not a successful GM make. Please wait - at a minimum - until the season is over.

10. A little love for Sturgis is in order as well.

Yup, he made his kicks (though the 53-yarder looked shaky). Want to see it more often the rest of the season.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While there are positives to take from this game ... it's still difficult to get too stoked about beating a team who is win-less since Romo went down. And even then it took us till OT to do it. The drops are still killing us, Bradford is very inconsistent (sometimes it's like watching two different QB's back there) and we had almost no pass rush outside of Graham a couple of times. Kudo's for the win as it keeps us in contention and it's always great to beat the Pokes ... but in perspective it's not something to be super excited about. This team is still very mediocre at best.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me one of the most positive things to take away from the game is that Lane can play LT, and Dennis Kelly can possibly play RT. If those things are true the future of our line looks far better than I thought. I suspect we see Peters at guard next season if not sooner.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me one of the most positive things to take away from the game is that Lane can play LT, and Dennis Kelly can possibly play RT. If those things are true the future of our line looks far better than I thought. I suspect we see Peters at guard next season if not sooner.

I think Peters at Guard moving forward is the best move we can make. The knees and lateral mobility is not what it use to be, but the power and experience is there. A move to LG with Lane shifting to LT which suits him best would be a sensible change.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might even try Peters at RG this season to be honest.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Peters at Guard moving forward is the best move we can make. The knees and lateral mobility is not what it use to be, but the power and experience is there. A move to LG with Lane shifting to LT which suits him best would be a sensible change.

Peters just needs to get healthy. He is obviously gutting through some serious pain.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does not look good for him. Does not look good for Huff either.

Way too early to even consider judging the results. One fairly good game does not a successful GM make. Please wait - at a minimum - until the season is over.

Can;t agree more on Huff. At least he seems to block well down field though. He is running out of time. I think we will be a special teamer, bottom of the roster guy for his tenure here.

As far as waiting, I do agree. You watch the pressers and it seems the press want to fire the coach and the QB halfway through the season. You need to let it play out, which many don't have the patience to do. Still, its a positive sign, and you know all the haters would be piling on if it was a bad week, so I don't feel out of line simply saying that many of the GM moves are looking better.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was time to move Peters inside "prior" to him getting hurt. He looks to have lost a step against the faster rushers. Lane Johnson on the other hand is tailor made to handle the speed guys as opposed to playing RT which is traditionally more of a grinder position (which Kelly actually fits).

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kelly looks better at RT than RG.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every week this team takes steps forward. Blowing out teams in the first part and middle part of the season means nothing. It's all about how you play at the end.

On the negative side: The defense needs to a get a better pass rush going. Barwin isn't doing jack.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They went from 1-3 the first quarter to 3-1 the second quarter of the season. And their one loss the last 4 weeks is to an 8-0 team. Not much of a challenge the next three weeks, but you do have to think that Bill Lazer knows how this offense operates better than most. Also, Jamie Winston is looking like the real deal and he has some really good weapons. Its rarely easy in the NFL and every win counts.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kelly looks better at RT than RG.

Agree again ... RT seems to be the best spot for him and he looked solid there before as well. Johnson looked like a natural at LT and that was his first game there against an elite pass rusher (very encouraging). Peters moving to Guard I think makes a world of sense as he is more mobile than most interior guys yet possesses elite power. Kind of like CB's moving to Safety when they've lost a step.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were doing a lot of stunting with Barwin and for the most part it didn't work. He did get one sack.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thinking that the Murray pickup is probably one of the reasons Dallas is 2-6 and the Maxwell pickup is probably one of the reasons Seattle is 4-4.