• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Poll: Who Was the Greater Player of His Generation, Kobe Bryant or Tim Duncan?

Who was the greater player of his generation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock actually does "know his shit" and thoroughly owned you in this debate. It's a good thing you're quitting cause it's quiet embarrassing.

Misspelling quite while telling someone they were owned in a debate is also quite embarrassing. :dhd:

And since when does a grown ass man say "owned"? :noidea:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And before anyone says where's the proof...first there's an article in which Kobe said that "this wasn't a negotiation, the Lakers got what they wanted and I took the first offer". However, if that's not enough, here's this...
"The source also said that the Buss family was unified in wanting to see Bryant remain as the league's highest paid player"
Lakers sign Kobe to 2-year contract extension

Buss is partially trying to show how well they treat their stars, to attract the next ones

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grammar policing is even more embarrassing. Lakers Homers Unite

Uh, it wasn't grammar policing. Apparently, you don't know the difference between grammar and spelling. Which is about as embarrassing as it gets.

Besides...

th?&id=OIP.Mf169798684a050ac298289a959ddc646o2&w=300&h=200&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greatest player I go kobe, and for the record I did no like Kobe or the Lakers.

but Kobe is the better player. Tim Duncan is the better teammate. Tim Duncan is a guy who brought together the Spurs and held them together.

But Kobe was more great as a player.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote Tim (surprise), because he was not only as great a player as kobe on the court, but more importantly he created a winning culture that will stay with the Spurs for awhile. No franchise in any sport had a higher winning percentage than Duncan with the Spurs, in an era where small market teams are suppose to be doomed Tim built the best winner in San Antonio Texas.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe wanted to be the top dog and get his 16 wins.

Lakers were in full tank mode at that point, whether they want to admit it or not. Kobe's last season was all about tanking for a top 3 pick while Kobe gets his final lap of the league. Blaming their W/L total on him is laughable. The few years prior were largely lost to injuries. Once the CP3 trade was nixxed and the Nash and Coward moves failed, coinciding with Kobe's achilles injury, the Lakers didn't have a lot of options moving forward. They could chase players to stay mediocre or tear it down. When they couldn't get star FA, they tore it down.

There was never any animosity between Kobe and Lakers about his pay rate. He got what he deserved. The last 2 year contract may have been overpaying him, but the Lakers offered that to him, it was not his demand.

For every guy like Duncan that takes less and the team has success as a result you have guys like Dirk who just end up with less money and no success. It's not a proven path to success. Wade took less so often that the Heat took him for granted until he was fed up with it and left. Kobe (7 finals) and Duncan (6 finals) both have 5 rings, so both paths worked more or less equally.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote Tim (surprise), because he was not only as great a player as kobe on the court, but more importantly he created a winning culture that will stay with the Spurs for awhile. No franchise in any sport had a higher winning percentage than Duncan with the Spurs, in an era where small market teams are suppose to be doomed Tim built the best winner in San Antonio Texas.

I would argue that Pops built that culture.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Duncan better than Kobe Bryant? That's reactionary silliness.

Next!