• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you dont think that the narrative is being directed this way intentionally?? We currently have a President trying to hide a program designed to target racial minorities (the Wall project) as something designed to keep our borders safe. Now Im fine with deporting illegals. But last time I checked, my Niece was born here, and in no way should she have to deal with racist class mates telling her crap like I cant wait till they deport you. Now did Trump say it? NO. But his policies are feeding into this kind of hate.

So while this should be about the racial divide that still exists, people are more concerned with "Oh my God, how can he disrespect the country like that?? "
Quite possibly. As much of a blow hard and big mouth bully Trump is, I think that there is a method to his madness. I think he baits the MSM and the liberal elite with comments, they bite and all that happens is that middle America ends up siding more with trump because they no longer trust or believe the MSM. I really think the the MSM still doesn't understand what is happening with the average american and their disgust with political correctness and where this country is headed on some of these topics. Both sides have lost their minds, IMO. What ever happened to common sense and dealing with our issues rationally? I'm not singling out any one party or group, as both ends of the spectrum are acting like idiots. In the mean time, we have real issues that go unaddressed. Maybe that is their goal. Deflect from the fact that our politicians get nothing done other than year round campaigning through sound bites.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem as I see it is that the majority of the conversation is over wether it is disrespectful or not to protest during the Anthem. I don't think that is what Kaep had in mind.

No I know. I think in the media there is a lot of that. And there are a lot of people pissed off at Kap that are making that the issue. But I still think there are plenty of people talking about what Kap was trying to get at.

Was it worth it? I dont know.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i were the president i would have used better words but his anger reflects what a lot of people feel . look i get the reason for the protest . i can concede there is a legit issue . but why during my football games ? leave politics out of it and all sports . i am bombarded with this shit 24-7 everywhere

cant i watch an event and not be bothered by politics does every form of entertainment have to be like this ?

and if we cover the event cant we cover it fairly ? how many fans were interviewed? no many if at all

Agree 100% - tell it to Trump. I can understand & agree to a pt about taking issue w/ some of the protests. However - I certainly don't agree w/ suggestions like cut this guy if he protests or walk out of a game. Fuck that - people pay good money for those seats & they go to games to get away from this type of nonsense. I don't need anyone - including Trump - telling me what I should watch & who I should like.

A lot of the folks who say that they are done w/ the NFL are rednecks who don't really watch the NFL anyhow. Trust me - I know these folks - lots of them are all around me. Now if you asked them to boycott college football that would be an entirely different matter.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you dont think that the narrative is being directed this way intentionally?? We currently have a President trying to hide a program designed to target racial minorities (the Wall project) as something designed to keep our borders safe. Now Im fine with deporting illegals. But last time I checked, my Niece was born here, and in no way should she have to deal with racist class mates telling her crap like I cant wait till they deport you. Now did Trump say it? NO. But his policies are feeding into this kind of hate.

So while this should be about the racial divide that still exists, people are more concerned with "Oh my God, how can he disrespect the country like that?? "

How does a Wall promote anger against racial minorities? The wall is meant to prevent people from entering our country illegally. The anger already exists, or people are just saying things because it is a confrontation. Which policy exactly promotes this "hate?"

Racial divides exist in every society. Diversity breeding strength is very overrated IMO. Diversity breeds contempt in my experience. What has made America great is keeping the contempt to a minimum and having an open mind. In this way, we could take the strengths of a diverse populace and mask weaknesses. The mask seems to be remove and the contempt released.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well agree & the person who should demonstrate this the most & be very diplomatic is the president of the United States. Yet he acts like a 10 year old and refers to people in terms like "son of a bitch" & camps on Twitter like a teenager. IMO this is insanely unprofessional. Complain about athletes all you like - the president should be held to a higher standard - he needs to grow up.

I agree he needs to grow up or at least be more diplomatic. His opposition also needs to understand what the other side is saying.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair points.

Im a little sick of where the conversation has gone. If Kap wants to kneel fine by me. If his teammate wants to stand fine by me. I think people in general need to chill. People arent aholes for standing or kneeling.

And if the league wants to not hire him, that should be fine too?

And if the fans are outraged and walk out, that is fine?

And if the fans want to watch football and not have this political propaganda thrown in their face, that is fine?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does a Wall promote anger against racial minorities? The wall is meant to prevent people from entering our country illegally. The anger already exists, or people are just saying things because it is a confrontation. Which policy exactly promotes this "hate?"

Racial divides exist in every society. Diversity breeding strength is very overrated IMO. Diversity breeds contempt in my experience. What has made America great is keeping the contempt to a minimum and having an open mind. In this way, we could take the strengths of a diverse populace and mask weaknesses. The mask seems to be remove and the contempt released.
The wall and illegal immigration is a perfect example of the insanity. All politicians, including President Obama, have supported protecting our borders via various means, including a wall. As a senator and early in his first campaign, he was supportive. That is until he realized that a large portion of his base was the hispanic community. Then he changed. As for rounding up 13M illegals and sending them back, that is never going to happen. The economics of such an action alone will never allow it. You want to see a recession? take 13M consumers out of your economy over night. And the cost of such an action would tally into the Billions. Yet the far right continue to use this talking point to pander to their base. However, illegal immigration is a real issue. The cost of government support (healthcare, education, etc) for the illegals that you and I must bear is significant. But neither side can use any common sense to find a middle ground solution for fear of alienating those that vote for them. Thus nothing happens but a bunch of rhetoric.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wall and illegal immigration is a perfect example of the insanity. All politicians, including President Obama, have supported protecting our borders via various means, including a wall. As a senator and early in his first campaign, he was supportive. That is until he realized that a large portion of his base was the hispanic community. Then he changed. As for rounding up 13M illegals and sending them back, that is never going to happen. The economics of such an action alone will never allow it. You want to see a recession? take 13M consumers out of your economy over night. And the cost of such an action would tally into the Billions. Yet the far right continue to use this talking point to pander to their base. However, illegal immigration is a real issue. The cost of government support (healthcare, education, etc) for the illegals that you and I must bear is significant. But neither side can use any common sense to find a middle ground solution for fear of alienating those that vote for them. Thus nothing happens but a bunch of rhetoric.

Novel concept, fix the immigration laws and stop targeting one or two particular groups of illegals. Because lets face it, Trump isnt rolling the SWAT teams into little Moscow in NY any time soon. And the narrative has been crafted to make Latinos and Muslims feel unwelcome in this country.

Again I think this is a part of the twisted narrative that this 4% of the population is the REAL problem.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if the league wants to not hire him, that should be fine too?

And if the fans are outraged and walk out, that is fine?

And if the fans want to watch football and not have this political propaganda thrown in their face, that is fine?

- Yes. They have that right. Its dumb IMO but nobody's arguing they dont have the right.

- Sure. Free country.

- This one Im most ehh on. Mostly Id say yes, but I think that can kind of be used as a cop out to avoid issues you dont want to talk about and that dont affect you.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- This one Im most ehh on. Mostly Id say yes, but I think that can kind of be used as a cop out to avoid issues you dont want to talk about and that dont affect you.

Have to agree with this. For the most part this country has a long running history of if something cant affect me or my loved ones, I just as soon not be bothered with it. And doubly so if changing it will negatively affect things against me and mine.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans WR: I will kneel until Trump apologizes

A story like this really makes you think a little deeper about this issue. Titans WR Rishard Matthews has indicated that he will continue to kneel during the Anthem until Trump apologizes (which will likely never happen). In this case there is no way in hell that this is meant as a slap in the face to the military. Matthews is an army brat & his brother died while serving in Afganistan. I am sure he values the military more than most of us.

It just shows that these are not black & white issues (no pun intended) & there are always multiple sides to every story. Hopefully common sense comes into play for all of this sometime soon.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So this is the guy who is calling NFL players SOBs for not standing during the National Anthem? Perhaps there is some merit to that stance but honestly this coming from a guy who thought that it was alright to mock a former POW & actual war hero? I realize that he kind of took this statement back somewhat years later but cmon talk about being a hypocrite.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Illegal immigration has been a problem since well before Reagan. Reagan gave I think 13 million illegals a reprieve long ago with the expectation of doing something about the issue. Nothing was done and we are revisiting the sameness issue 30 years later. I am all for DACA but not until we start doing something to ensure the issue doesn't happen again.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with this. For the most part this country has a long running history of if something cant affect me or my loved ones, I just as soon not be bothered with it. And doubly so if changing it will negatively affect things against me and mine.

Isn't that why we don't allow politics here on this board, so people can not be bothered by it? So what is the difference?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So this is the guy who is calling NFL players SOBs for not standing during the National Anthem? Perhaps there is some merit to that stance but honestly this coming from a guy who thought that it was alright to mock a former POW & actual war hero? I realize that he kind of took this statement back somewhat years later but cmon talk about being a hypocrite.

McCain is a POS and there are questions about his time in Hanoi.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why i didn t like the thread in its original form . because it devolves into "the wall " trump did this and trump did that . illegal immigration and so forth and so on

this crap started under Obama will be the next jab and soon it will turn into a damn melee because we allowed politics to enter into the board and hurt feelings galore will be had

i think all of this belongs in the political forum and off the redskins SportsHoopla board . it started out with good intentions but now its a back and forth about shit that aint changing .

you cant change the minds of radicals on either side of the fence

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you show me the actual policy? I looked and didn't see it. I didn't see anything, other than a CNN story, claiming he targeted people solely on looks.

I've done better than that......Arizona adopted his policy and made it the Law of the State. BTW: Next time before you ask for a policy, keep in mind that policies are often not written but in fact an edit from the person in charge.

[PDF]
Arizona's Senate Bill (SB) 1070 - Arizona Revised Statutes
https://azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

- i - Senate Engrossed State of Arizona Senate Forty-ninth Legislature Second Regular Session 2010 SENATE BILL 1070 AN ACT AMENDING TITLE 11, CHAPTER 7, ARIZONA ...

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what will be the excuse?

The excuse is that it's disrespectful to the flag, the military and towards those like myself who actually fought for the country. Why is that the excuse? Because there are far too many people in this country who are willing to do anything, including creating this obvious diversion about the flag because they are uncomfortable dealing with, and talking about America's shameful past and it's current related shameful way that they continue to deal with their fellow citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.