• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
inclusion.png whiteness.jpg bias.png

Does anyone not see a problem with this???? This is getting insane. Thanks Obama.

The media is literally creating division for profit. People like Jemele Hill are fucking disgraces but its obviously not just her.

Trumps assault on the Press is important. I dont like a lot of what he does but this is important and hes doing it without government regulation which is genius

Government shouldnt hold "journalists" but the people/consumers should and thats exactly what is kinda happening thanks to Trump

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously dude?????

Like come on. You are no better than what you rail against if you truly believe this....

This is a non partisan issue that everyone should be up in arms about. I would be livid if Chelsea Handler or Jemele Hill were censored even though they are morons who spout hate and lies and set people/communities back

Where's the outrage then? Jemele Hill was censored and Handler's show canceled. Admittedly I had to look this stuff up ( I didn't know who Handler was) but it has already happened!

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's the outrage then? Jemele Hill was censored and Handler's show canceled. Admittedly I had to look this stuff up ( I didn't know who Handler was) but it has already happened!

JH was not censored, she was fired, after her 30th warning, poor ratings, losing her company money, putting her employers in hot water multiple times, etc etc

the fact that she kept her job for so long despite her poor performance and controversy to be is black privilege or is that too taboo?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously dude?????

Like come on. You are no better than what you rail against if you truly believe this....

This is a non partisan issue that everyone should be up in arms about. I would be livid if Chelsea Handler or Jemele Hill were censored even though they are morons who spout hate and lies and set people/communities back

And there is the difference. I Handler or Hill are pimping hate speech, Im just as fine with them being shutdown if they are violating the TOS for hate speech. If justification for someone acting an ass starts with.. well this person does it to, then its not justified period. My point still stands, if you got a bug up your ass because the first thing that pops up when you google Trump is negative, then maybe your issue should be with Trump and not the coverage he is getting because you dont see any issues with what he is doing.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there is the difference. I Handler or Hill are pimping hate speech, Im just as fine with them being shutdown if they are violating the TOS for hate speech. If justification for someone acting an ass starts with.. well this person does it to, then its not justified period. My point still stands, if you got a bug up your ass because the first thing that pops up when you google Trump is negative, then maybe your issue should be with Trump and not the coverage he is getting because you dont see any issues with what he is doing.

Jemele Hill pops off hate speech daily. She is openly hostile towards anything white. This is very well documented.

Doesnt mean she should be censored. She is a disgrace and it sucks she has a platform to spread hate but doesnt mean she should be censored.

This is a really partisan hack hill you are dying on

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 207214 View attachment 207215 View attachment 207216

Does anyone not see a problem with this???? This is getting insane. Thanks Obama.

The media is literally creating division for profit. People like Jemele Hill are fucking disgraces but its obviously not just her.

Trumps assault on the Press is important. I dont like a lot of what he does but this is important and hes doing it without government regulation which is genius

Government shouldnt hold "journalists" but the people/consumers should and thats exactly what is kinda happening thanks to Trump

You should be ashamed of yourself! You blame Obama for something that began long before he was born.

History of Diversity & Inclusion - Diversity & Inclusion ...
https://www.cmu.edu/diversity/commitment-and-progress/history.html

Then yelp about the one institution mentioned in the U.S. constitution.

Jemele Hill like any other who's able to get behind a live microphone has every right to express her opinions, just as you have every right to not appreciate what she says. That's what a free press does. There's nothing about having a free press that insists upon that institution only saying and doing things that you like, that's impossible! One thing is certain though, there are plenty of people who equally agree with her perspectives. They aren't idiots, they aren't subversive, they don't find her disgraceful, and they aren't unreasonable. Trump's attack on the free press is dangerous in that he clearly wants what you seem to want, an agreeable press!

Our form of democracy is messy, we are asked to take something said and done here that tears at our very being and support the entity saying and doing it because we believe in free expression. This thread is a great example of that form of free expression. Are you against this as well? How would you feel if Donald Trump came to this site and insisted upon only positive things being allowed here?

Maybe if he were a rational, thinking, better read human being, who's ego wasn't as fragile as it is, and his behavioral status wasn't that of a whiny little bitch...petulant child version, he might raise himself to being closer to something approaching a more mature adult. Wrong is wrong, and it's destructive and wrong to attack the free press no matter how much it bothers him or you! Keep your mistrust, just understand that for everything that you like and trust, there's an equal, possibly greater number in opposition. That's what were are all about in this country!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whats that old saying Andrew Gillum is fond of???

Oh yea, a hit dog will Holla

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be ashamed of yourself! You blame Obama for something that began long before he was born.

History of Diversity & Inclusion - Diversity & Inclusion ...
https://www.cmu.edu/diversity/commitment-and-progress/history.html

Then yelp about the one institution mentioned in the U.S. constitution.

Jemele Hill like any other who's able to get behind a live microphone has every right to express her opinions, just as you have every right to not appreciate what she says. That's what a free press does. There's nothing about having a free press that insists upon that institution only saying and doing things that you like, that's impossible! One thing is certain though, there are plenty of people who equally agree with her perspectives. They aren't idiots, they aren't subversive, they don't find her disgraceful, and they aren't unreasonable. Trump's attack on the free press is dangerous in that he clearly wants what you seem to want, an agreeable press!

Our form of democracy is messy, we are asked to take something said and done here that tears at our very being and support the entity saying and doing it because we believe in free expression. This thread is a great example of that form of free expression. Are you against this as well? How would you feel if Donald Trump came to this site and insisted upon only positive things being allowed here?

Maybe if he were a rational, thinking, better read human being, who's ego wasn't as fragile as it is, and his behavioral status wasn't that of a whiny little bitch...petulant child version, he might raise himself to being closer to something approaching a more mature adult. Wrong is wrong, and it's destructive and wrong to attack the free press no matter how much it bothers him or you! Keep your mistrust, just understand that for everything that you like and trust, there's an equal, possibly greater number in opposition. That's what were are all about in this country!

Huh?

I think Jemele Hill is a horrible human being who is smart enough to understand what she is doing which is profiting off of fear and division. She literally makes me want to vomit. However, she has the right to be ignorant and use her platform to act ignorant.

Equally ignorant people like David Duke (JH is literally the black version of David Duke IMO except she is more dangerous because she is actually viewed as credible by some major outlets) also should be afforded those same rights.

These graphs I posted and there are about 20 of them shows that the media is creating division for profit.

As a registered republican I hate big government. I dont like the idea of the government regulating media even if journalism is broken today, which it is.

Trump either on purpose or by accident is holding the media accountable without government regulation and that is fucking genius, if he is doing it on purpose.

Many layoffs for bad faith journalism has happened at CNN, Huff, and NYT. Is that because Trump has brought light to the fact that MSM is essentially an extension of the DNC and is insanely bias? I believe he is at least partly responsible.

Media needs to be fixed and held accountable. If you are against big government like I am, I ask that you provide a better solution to fix this broken mess. Trump has at least provided the best short term solution

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JH was not censored, she was fired, after her 30th warning, poor ratings, losing her company money, putting her employers in hot water multiple times, etc etc

the fact that she kept her job for so long despite her poor performance and controversy to be is black privilege or is that too taboo?

"Black" privilege huh?? Are you sure that you want to compare the few that you rail against to the countless many who continue to be afforded opportunities because of their privileges despite what they say and do? Do you really what this?
We can also talk about what you call "black privilege" as well and the misconceptions surrounding the use of that term. Right now, I have a few things to do, but I promise to look for any response that you have first, upon my return. Later everyone!

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong is wrong, and it's destructive and wrong to attack the free press no matter how much it bothers him or you! Keep your mistrust, just understand that for everything that you like and trust, there's an equal, possibly greater number in opposition. That's what were are all about in this country!

Wrong is wrong.... unless you agree with it?

It is not destructive or wrong to attack the press when the press is acting in bad faith. It is actually heroic. The press in 2019 is self serving. It has gotten out of hand quite frankly.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Black" privilege huh?? Are you sure that you want to compare the few that you rail against to the countless many who continue to be afforded opportunities because of their privileges despite what they say and do? Do you really what this?
We can also talk about what you call "black privilege" as well and the misconceptions surrounding the use of that term. Right now, I have a few things to do, but I promise to look for any response that you have first, upon my return. Later everyone!

I mean

you suck at your job with tangible proof of horrible ratings and ratings dip - CHECK
you have lost your company revenue in dropped subscriptions - CHECK
you have put your employer in hot water multiple times - CHECK
you have been warned multiple times about the above 3 - CHECK

yet she stillllllll kept her job. She isnt new to this. She called rooting for the Celtics like rooting for Nazi Germany 10-15 years ago.

and she still kept her job when every single one of us would have been fired a long long time ago.

So what is that?

Curt Schilling was fired by ESPN for wayyyy less. Linda Cohn demoted. Black/White privilege is the most overstated thing ever in my lifetime in the media but if we are going to play this game JH benefited from black privilege

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whiteness.jpg
these graphs are very alarming

whats the defense? Or is the press really the victim

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this flip the party thing started with the fake southern strategy nixon supposedly employed .. there is no record of nixon ever making a racist speech he condemned the black panthers and the weather underground at the same time .

when nixon entered office 70% of blacks attended segregated school , by 1974 when he resigned it was down to 8 %. more then the previous 16 year by far . he also put in the 1st affirmative action program . he forced unions to admit blacks a searcjable fact

now is a racist going to support that because you said the parties flipped

moreover nixon lost the deep south george wallace won those a democrat that should have flipped but didnt according to your theory

the book , " the emerging republican party" written by kevin phillips is claimed by progressives as the brain child of richard nixons " southern strategy" , where the big lie comes from , is called by dan carter ( a progressive historian ) the NUTS and BOLTS architect .

the problem with this is the book ws written in 1969 and couldnt have been used in 1968 . even phillips agrees with this . again another searchable fact

what nixon did do was win the sun belt state s he was not after deep south states like miss, ga , sc or alambama

he went after perpheril states like FL, TX ARK ,NC TN VA phillips calls the last 4 states reluctant confederate states . nixon targeted these state because they didnt vote on race but on policies . sure enough nixon won those state while wallace , a dixiecrat won the deep south . a searchable fact according to their narrative

what happened to all those dixie crats who progressives according to their narrative moved from the democratic party to republican ? of all the bigots and segregationist who voted against the civil rights act of 1964 i can count just one who switched , strom thurmond . . the constellation of racist dixiecrats includes senators william murray , thomas p gore ( recognize the name ? ) spessard holland , sam ervin , russell long , robert byrd richard russell olin johnston lister hill john c stennis john sparkman john mcclellan james eastland herman talmadge herbert walters hary f byrd sr and his son JR , george smathers , everette jordan allen ellender , a willis robertson al gore sr (recognize the name ) william fullbright, herbert wakters w kerr scott , and marion p daniel , never switched to republican another searchable fact

there are 4 dixiecrat govenors william h murray , frank dixon fielding wright and benjamin laney

now i will be here forever and a day listing dixiecrat congressman but from the entire 200 person list only 1 defected to the other party the so called big switch advocates . another searchable fact

these dixiecrats remained in the democratic party for year even decades , i cant find any evidence that democrats repudiated them or attempt to throw them out

segratgationist like richard russell and william fulbright were lionized in their party and of course robert byrd was eulogized in 2010 by dems and a progressive media again a searchable fact

now the sell is all these dixiecrats went republican when in fact they most certainly did not . the numbers are searchable facts

the political shift in the south began in the eisenhower era eisenhower , who won 5 peripheral states in 1956 , breaking the lock FDR and truman had for decades . obviously this preceded the civil rights movement of the 60's and cant be attributed to it

the old south transitioned to the GOP camp in the 70's and 80's in response to reagonite appeal of free market capitalism .patriotism protection of unborn childeren schoo lprayer and family values . these social issues were far more central to reagons message then race

in 1980 reagon lost just 6 states , in 1984 just 1 and there wasnt any fake ass "southern strategy involved , another searchable fact .

reagons successs was made possible bt the sharp leftward move by the democratic party they held totally opposite views and this receives virtually no mention by progressive scholars you sight Sty , because it disrupts the thesis that the trend to the south to the republican party was based mostly on race

as far as senate and house seats the south didnt become solidly republican until 1994 (a searchable fact ) , this was due to the contract of america which closely mirrored reagons agenda . leftist historian kevin kruse implies this has some dark hidden racial component . poppycock small govt conservatism is not racism

the south has become much like the rest of the country . they vote for republicans the same as other people vote republican economic issues, social issues foreign policy for whites and no less blacks ( another searchable fact ) race has little to do with it

the data clearly shows that racism dramatically declined in the later half of the 20th century and it shows precisely that the south moved steadily to the GOP thus the south became less racist . it also became more republican . the progressive narrative is in ruins at this point

after WW2 it was obvious that when the troops came home from war fighting the nazi's that racism became a politically untenable position . LBJ ( a huge racist ) saw this and hence his reversal of the civil rights act originally submitted by eisenhower which he rejected . (another searchable fact ) hence his famous statement " we lost the south "

so tell me was progressive FDR a democrat only when he came up with SSN and other govt programs the nazis and and facists got their economic ideas from ? or was he a republican when he jailed people of color ?

what about the father of progressive-ism woodrow wilson . was he and undercover republican with his racist stances ?

and of course the great abe lincoln said the republican party was " conservative " not progressive

now i posted a thread like this approximately 6-12 months ago in response to shark making that BS flip statement . of course i got no response

now i put the names and numbers up and this crap is debunked

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that there is no distinction between the group being punished and the group doing this. They are one and the same. Be patient ole' friend, others will join them and you'll be able to post that bit of news with the commentary..."well at last!"
well they are not and havent

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I continue to post those funny emoji's on your responses to renewable energy and the clean new deal. I remember from a long time ago that you mentioned that this is the type of work that you do. I also know that nuclear energy producers are the leaders in clean new energy, in fact, and I'm sure that you already know this, NP is a sustainable energy source and will become completely renewable as its producers move from getting their source of uranium from mined ore to seawater.

Don't think that they are already exploring seawater for uranium?

Uranium Seawater Extraction Makes Nuclear Power ... - Forbes
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2016/07/01/uranium-seawater-extraction-makes...

Your opposition to the Green New Deal is laughable considering the fact that you work in an industry that is leading the way in this very thing. They do so because coal is unsustainable, unsafe to produce, dangerous to the environment and more important emission of greenhouse gases, increases in water vapor and dilution of oxygen contribute to destruction of the ozone layer...hence there is a direct connection between what you do and what you misguidedly refer to as global warming...climate change. Keep posting all of those opposition pieces against the work that you do though... and... we'll just keep it between us that there's no difference between what you do and the green new deal, and climate change. Shhhhhhhhh!

my opposition to the new green deal is because of the power its gives the govt based on a hoax and is a socialist plan . come no cars planes ? cow farts ? its based on UN leadership statements based on what the goal is worldwide socialism

you can never ever stop nature . the sun will do one thing and one thing only get hotter destroying the planet in its do time

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this flip the party thing started with the fake southern strategy nixon supposedly employed .. there is no record of nixon ever making a racist speech he condemned the black panthers and the weather underground at the same time .

when nixon entered office 70% of blacks attended segregated school , by 1974 when he resigned it was down to 8 %. more then the previous 16 year by far . he also put in the 1st affirmative action program . he forced unions to admit blacks a searcjable fact

now is a racist going to support that because you said the parties flipped

moreover nixon lost the deep south george wallace won those a democrat that should have flipped but didnt according to your theory

the book , " the emerging republican party" written by kevin phillips is claimed by progressives as the brain child of richard nixons " southern strategy" , where the big lie comes from , is called by dan carter ( a progressive historian ) the NUTS and BOLTS architect .

the problem with this is the book ws written in 1969 and couldnt have been used in 1968 . even phillips agrees with this . again another searchable fact

what nixon did do was win the sun belt state s he was not after deep south states like miss, ga , sc or alambama

he went after perpheril states like FL, TX ARK ,NC TN VA phillips calls the last 4 states reluctant confederate states . nixon targeted these state because they didnt vote on race but on policies . sure enough nixon won those state while wallace , a dixiecrat won the deep south . a searchable fact according to their narrative

what happened to all those dixie crats who progressives according to their narrative moved from the democratic party to republican ? of all the bigots and segregationist who voted against the civil rights act of 1964 i can count just one who switched , strom thurmond . . the constellation of racist dixiecrats includes senators william murray , thomas p gore ( recognize the name ? ) spessard holland , sam ervin , russell long , robert byrd richard russell olin johnston lister hill john c stennis john sparkman john mcclellan james eastland herman talmadge herbert walters hary f byrd sr and his son JR , george smathers , everette jordan allen ellender , a willis robertson al gore sr (recognize the name ) william fullbright, herbert wakters w kerr scott , and marion p daniel , never switched to republican another searchable fact

there are 4 dixiecrat govenors william h murray , frank dixon fielding wright and benjamin laney

now i will be here forever and a day listing dixiecrat congressman but from the entire 200 person list only 1 defected to the other party the so called big switch advocates . another searchable fact

these dixiecrats remained in the democratic party for year even decades , i cant find any evidence that democrats repudiated them or attempt to throw them out

segratgationist like richard russell and william fulbright were lionized in their party and of course robert byrd was eulogized in 2010 by dems and a progressive media again a searchable fact

now the sell is all these dixiecrats went republican when in fact they most certainly did not . the numbers are searchable facts

the political shift in the south began in the eisenhower era eisenhower , who won 5 peripheral states in 1956 , breaking the lock FDR and truman had for decades . obviously this preceded the civil rights movement of the 60's and cant be attributed to it

the old south transitioned to the GOP camp in the 70's and 80's in response to reagonite appeal of free market capitalism .patriotism protection of unborn childeren schoo lprayer and family values . these social issues were far more central to reagons message then race

in 1980 reagon lost just 6 states , in 1984 just 1 and there wasnt any fake ass "southern strategy involved , another searchable fact .

reagons successs was made possible bt the sharp leftward move by the democratic party they held totally opposite views and this receives virtually no mention by progressive scholars you sight Sty , because it disrupts the thesis that the trend to the south to the republican party was based mostly on race

as far as senate and house seats the south didnt become solidly republican until 1994 (a searchable fact ) , this was due to the contract of america which closely mirrored reagons agenda . leftist historian kevin kruse implies this has some dark hidden racial component . poppycock small govt conservatism is not racism

the south has become much like the rest of the country . they vote for republicans the same as other people vote republican economic issues, social issues foreign policy for whites and no less blacks ( another searchable fact ) race has little to do with it

the data clearly shows that racism dramatically declined in the later half of the 20th century and it shows precisely that the south moved steadily to the GOP thus the south became less racist . it also became more republican . the progressive narrative is in ruins at this point

after WW2 it was obvious that when the troops came home from war fighting the nazi's that racism became a politically untenable position . LBJ ( a huge racist ) saw this and hence his reversal of the civil rights act originally submitted by eisenhower which he rejected . (another searchable fact ) hence his famous statement " we lost the south "

so tell me was progressive FDR a democrat only when he came up with SSN and other govt programs the nazis and and facists got their economic ideas from ? or was he a republican when he jailed people of color ?

what about the father of progressive-ism woodrow wilson . was he and undercover republican with his racist stances ?

and of course the great abe lincoln said the republican party was " conservative " not progressive

now i posted a thread like this approximately 6-12 months ago in response to shark making that BS flip statement . of course i got no response

now i put the names and numbers up and this crap is debunked

nice dissertation

may need to proof read before your final submission

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status