• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you apply this logic to the phone company? Consider AT&T, which is in its own way a social media platform. It’s a private company. You didn’t create it. Are you ok with AT&T denying service on the grounds of people making politically objectionable statements on the phone?

Shark ?.....

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta love this crap

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spineless joe at it again

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you apply this logic to the phone company? Consider AT&T, which is in its own way a social media platform. It’s a private company. You didn’t create it. Are you ok with AT&T denying service on the grounds of people making politically objectionable statements on the phone?

Shark ?.....

Again there is a difference. If I call someone on the phone and I act an ass, they can hang up. If I get over the top and say threaten someones life, I can be arrested for that. So the phone company isnt going to block my phone because I called my ex and said she was a pain in the ass. People peddling hate online are doing it to impact as many people as possible. And yes they are being shutdown no matter which teams jersey they wear.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here we go

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again there is a difference. If I call someone on the phone and I act an ass, they can hang up. If I get over the top and say threaten someones life, I can be arrested for that. So the phone company isnt going to block my phone because I called my ex and said she was a pain in the ass. People peddling hate online are doing it to impact as many people as possible. And yes they are being shutdown no matter which teams jersey they wear.
No difference shark. A company is discriminating against you because of your views . And I doubt you would put up with that

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No difference shark. A company is discriminating against you because of your views . And I doubt you would put up with that

IF I had an AT and T phone and they cut off my phone because I said Trump was an ass, TMobile will gladly take my money. And I dont think Facebook is discriminating based on thier views, I think they are shutting people down for violating their terms of service on hate speech which is not worse than you banning someone if they started posting **** on the minicamp thread.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF I had an AT and T phone and they cut off my phone because I said Trump was an ass, TMobile will gladly take my money. And I dont think Facebook is discriminating based on thier views, I think they are shutting people down for violating their terms of service on hate speech which is not worse than you banning someone if they started posting **** on the minicamp thread.
They are that is why the issue is being brought up . And there isn’t another. Company out there shark all of them do it

And if you theory was even close to being right then explain Hamas Isis and the rest

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that has been debunked so easily and i have done it in this thread . scroll back and get educated

Nonsense! Now stop making shit up! Almost everything that you posted in this regard was opinion and NOT fact! I've read it and either told you that when posted or totally ignored it because it was utterly ridiculous!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From the tariffs don’t work dept

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense! Now stop making shit up! Almost everything that you posted in this regard was opinion and NOT fact! I've read it and either told you that when posted or totally ignored it because it was utterly ridiculous!
A absolutely not . I put up names and numbers before and historical information scroll back . It has been debunked

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are that is why the issue is being brought up . And there isn’t another. Company out there shark all of them do it

And if you theory was even close to being right then explain Hamas Isis and the rest

Its ironic you are upset over discrimination by a social media platform.

Especially when I have mentioned that there are much worse forms of discrimination that others here have face most if not all of their lives.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good and Mexico should be able to handle it

Why? Why? why? Mexico didn't create this issue, Trump did, they like most sane people don't see invaders but people unlike this president and unlike this president central Americans understand and are actually living through the ravages of climate change.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A absolutely not . I put up names and numbers before and historical information scroll back . It has been debunked

Bullshit, I've read your nonsense! In fact I don't believe that you personally believe in any of the drivel that you posted! Numbers? well certainly that's true, but what good are numbers when slanted to support an opinion about party positions? Your assertion that you've posted numbers makes zero sense with regard to political platforms.
As @chillerdab noted the changes in party stances have indeed flipped and flopped over time. That is pure fact!

I know that you're not going to read all of this but here's an historical fact check:

Democrats and Republicans Switched Platforms - Fact / Myth
factmyth.com/factoids/democrats-and-republicans-switched-platforms
  • DID THE DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS “SWITCH PARTIES”?
  • AN INTRODUCTION TO THE HISTORY OF THE MAJOR PARTIES AND THE BIG SWITCHES
  • A RESPONSE TO THE CLAIM WELFARE IS EQUATABLE TO SLAVERY
  • AN OVERVIEW OF PLATFORM SWITCHING BETWEEN REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS
  • SUMMARY OF PLATFORM SHIFTING – AN ISSUES-BY-ISSUE BREAKDOWN
  • BETTER UNDERSTANDING THE CHANGES IN AMERICAN POLITICS
  • A FINAL SUMMARY THE AMERICAN POLITICAL PARTIES
  • THE AMERICAN POLITICAL PARTIES DIDN’T SWITCH MYTH – THE AUTHOR’S PERSPECTIVE
  • The American political parties, now called Democrats and Republicans, switched platform planks, ideologies, and members many times in American history. These switches were typically spurred on by major legislative changes and events, such as the Civil War in the 1860’s, and Civil Rights in the 1960’s. The changes then unfolded over the course of decades to create what historians call the “Party Systems“.Bottomline: The parties changed over time as platfo...
See more on factmyth.com
Claim: The two major U.S. parties (now called Democrats and Republicans) went through many changes in American history as support from geographic locations, party leaders, political factions, stances on k…

upload_2019-6-7_0-48-21.png
Fact
·
Fact checked by factmyth.com
  • 1/5
  • Published: Feb 17, 2016

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah beohner you picked a rino, not your fault though you listen to the LSM and don’t know any better . What next ? You trot out Will ? Kasich ? Ryan ?

1. John Boehner was Speaker of the house as a republican.

2. Paul Ryan was speaker of the house as a republican.

3. George will a lifelong republican and well versed political commentator/writer.

3. John Kasich, lifelong republican and 69th governor of Ohio as a republican.

You say all of these men are Rinos huh? What makes them that? [rhetorical] Ans: they don't agree with Jim Jones. We both know that drinking the kool aid leads to ultimate death, the republican party is on life support and fading fast. The good news is...sometime soon there will be another republican party and a third party called the party of trump. The bad news is, ONLY one of them will survive.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the fact is as far as conservatives go it’s true . Only their accounts our targeted for banning with FB , Twitter , Instagram , you tube . And all you have to do with google is in fact google any major topic and it’s left wing labeled first and a hell of a lot of scrolling to you get to another view . These are now media outlets and censoring thought to sway to one political POV. Is wrong .

Inciting violence is also wrong, how do you square the two if they are one and the same?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but that is far from accurate but what you are in fact advocating is one party rule and press . Is that what you are going for ?

Fact is, the republican party destroyed itself! History confirms their self destruction through an inability to adjust to a changing America, interfere in the lives of people while claiming to be a party of smaller government, spending like drunken sailors on limited shore leave when they have power and yelling like a dog who had its tail caught under a rocker, about spending when they don't. They love war, but not the troops who fight them, wrap themselves in the U.S. flag as a pretense to patriotism and simultaneously, piss on anyone who has a valid but opposing patriotic POV.

Conservatism used to stand for small government, individual liberty, constitutional checks and balances, strong national defense, and social institutions such as churches and synagogues promoting responsibility and virtue. As a body they aren't anywhere close to this now and to be honest there's a cowardice to every one of them who refuse to stand up to the person who is seemingly putting the final nail into this once proud party.

Make no mistake this rot didn't begin with Trump, No, that happened long before he was ever a second thought politically. Since you don't believe that I understand why people voted for and supported Trump, I'll give it a shot anyway!

1. Anger at ‘the Establishment’
Ask any republican or democrat what that anger is all about and...that anger isn’t well defined — it’s not merely a specific anger over failure to negotiate by Republicans and Democrats, or anger over bureaucratic incompetence. It’s a generalized anger that the entire system has failed to operate properly — a feeling that they’ve been lied to about the supposedly booming economy, about the supposedly non-rigged game.

2. Anger at political correctness

Again not very well defined but it's rooted in the false belief that PC is a way of silencing debate about vital issues. Political correctness from their perspective quashes serious discussions with charges of racism, sexism, Islamophobia and homophobia, and in doing so, destroys the possibility of political honesty as well as better solutions. What bullshit!!

3. So let's put an outsider in!

Trouble is, they've allowed the fox into the henhouse with a promise to support this sly destroyer of the flock by backing his every move, no matter how much it destroys the farm. All he has to do is to continue packing the courts with conservative judges and he can burn the place down for all they care. It appears that there's a certain faction that wants the whole thing done away with as illustrated by their undying support for a person who Instead of resolving crises, has created one crisis after another for our nation. Talks more about what he's doing and nothing to substantiate those bragging points. Takes credit for the cleanest air and water in the nations history and wants to take every advantage of an angered nation by stoking the anger while picking the nations coffers clean.

So we're left with a leadership crisis in a democratic party that appears to be living up to the labels placed upon it by the opposition, while trying to continue to keep the nation intact. Do you have confidence in that happening? I know that I don't. Frankly, we're left with the choice between a weak party that at least tries and at present can't and one that's nothing but a shell of its former self. It's sad to note that people still cling to party affiliation. At present the majority of people on one side is clamoring for democrats to do the right thing by constitutional edict, while there's a majority on the other side working desperately to give mouth to mouth rejuvenation to a republican party corpse.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been told that there wasn't any proof of obstruction and/or obstructive behavior in the Trump administration. Based on this I will simply ask, if it's possible for your personal attorney to act in this manner on your behalf without your approval.

LISTEN to John Dowd's Voicemail Message to Michael Flynn's ...
Mediaite

In case some of you can't hear very well...

“Hey, Rob, this is John again. Maybe I’m sympathetic and I understand your situation, but let me see if I can’t state it in starker terms. If you have — it wouldn’t surprise me if you’ve gone on to make a deal and work with the government, I understand that you can’t join the joint defense that’s one thing — if on the other hand, there’s information that implicates the president, then we’ve got a national security issue or maybe a national security issue, I don’t know. Some issue we’ve got to deal with, not only for the president but for the country. So, you know, then we need some kind of heads-up just for the sake of protecting all interests, if we can. Without you having to give up any confidential information. So…and if it’s the former, then, you know, remember what we’ve always said about the president and his feelings toward Flynn and that still remains. In any event, let me know, and I appreciate your listening and taking the time. Thanks, pal.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.