• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define domestic terrorism. Wouldn’t the founders of this country be considered domestic terrorists?

Why should anything be done about gun violence? There are about 11,000 gun related homicides per year in a country of 325million. Gangs make up about 8900 of those. Why don’t we talk about taking out the gangs instead of taking away our RIGHTS?

Guns are used between 65k and 2.5 m times every year in defense.

Seems the Wild West only exists in metropolitan areas.

If one walks into a church, school, movie theater or mall and decides to shoot up the place... to me that is terrorism. If one is an American citizen or legal resident and does this, that is domestic terrorism.The only real difference is they why. But the end game is always to inflict terror and take human life.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You tell me. Whats been done about domestic terrorism and gun violence in our life times?? And sorry but Armed guards in churches, schools, movie theaters and malls as well as every citizen carrying a gun doesnt seem like a solid plan. Maybe in 1819, but in 2019 the wild west mentality seems a bit much dontcha think?
Given most mass shootings happen in gun free zones, I'd say no. And the Texas church shooter showed how effective an armed good guy can be.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one walks into a church, school, movie theater or mall and decides to shoot up the place... to me that is terrorism. If one is an American citizen or legal resident and does this, that is domestic terrorism.The only real difference is they why. But the end game is always to inflict terror and take human life.

What is the political aim? Wait...it is gun control. Is that why almost all of these mass shooters are liberals?

Also, what about the gang violence that accounts for more than 80% of gun homocides?

What about the self defense statistic?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yee of selective memory . It ran about the same with bush as well

I thought you would fail at it . His positive material far out weighs made up BS

So why not read “rules for radicals “ then since you have BS excuses for the MSM . A guy like you doesn’t even demand fairness or balance . You just accept and digest their shit as gospel and parrot the talking points . At least I can tell you the truth about hannity and others .

OK, if you can tell us how we now have a state run media and all about its support network, please do!:D

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yee of selective memory . It ran about the same with bush as well

I thought you would fail at it . His positive material far out weighs made up BS

So why not read “rules for radicals “ then since you have BS excuses for the MSM . A guy like you doesn’t even demand fairness or balance . You just accept and digest their shit as gospel and parrot the talking points . At least I can tell you the truth about hannity and others .

Not a chance the nation was this divide, and the press this aggressive, with either Bush or Reagan in office. The fact that you actually believe that is pretty amazing.

We have never been this divided in my lifetime over the who is President of the United States and it's not even close.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah after numerous hours of the bad then s few minutes of the apology

And Fox only retracted their story after the players in the photo spoke up. Look that Ky Teen incident was not the MSM's fault. They got a clip and aired it, that's what they had at the time, it was a story and they aired it. Once the entire video surfaced they changed their coverage and at least on the CBS airing that I saw apologized for misleading, but it was the clip they had at the time.

Now we have Fox who purposely mislead their story with that picture. I'm not comparing which is worse, just stating that it's pretty obvious that BOTH media sides distort the truth. But you only want to hod the liberal media accountable and that's wrong.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Fox only retracted their story after the players in the photo spoke up. Look that Ky Teen incident was not the MSM's fault. They got a clip and aired it, that's what they had at the time, it was a story and they aired it. Once the entire video surfaced they changed their coverage and at least on the CBS airing that I saw apologized for misleading, but it was the clip they had at the time.

Now we have Fox who purposely mislead their story with that picture. I'm not comparing which is worse, just stating that it's pretty obvious that BOTH media sides distort the truth. But you only want to hod the liberal media accountable and that's wrong.
They had the whole clip right away and in a typical rush to judgement and to push a false narrative they only played parts of it , subjected a damn teenager to death threats . Again I have done my research by the numbers. More then the vast majority of. Left wing propagandist who run narratives , mostly false ones , by commission and ommision in coordination with democratic talking points . It’s easy to see and their ratings show the lack of faith people have in their “ reporting “ I watch all the news to get every side

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance the nation was this divide, and the press this aggressive, with either Bush or Reagan in office. The fact that you actually believe that is pretty amazing.

We have never been this divided in my lifetime over the who is President of the United States and it's not even close.
Obama started that shit pushing false narratives

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The divide comes from the left ,they started with riots , race baiting. Not letting conservatives speak in colleges
pushing false narratives like Ferguson , hands up don’t shoot lie ramming PC crap down our collective throats , shouting down opposition.

Bullying the opposition ,physically attacking anybody they disagree with

Using the IRS to attack conservative organizations

So sorry I don’t buy it just happened under Trump

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had the whole clip right away and in a typical rush to judgement and to push a false narrative they only played parts of it , subjected a damn teenager to death threats . Again I have done my research by the numbers. More then the vast majority of. Left wing propagandist who run narratives , mostly false ones , by commission and ommision in coordination with democratic talking points . It’s easy to see and their ratings show the lack of faith people have in their “ reporting “ I watch all the news to get every side

Again no different than Fox misrepresenting the kneel down pic. And you do not know they had the entire video the entire time, speculation. But again EXACTLY what Fox did. You praise them and trash CBS, nonsense.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The divide comes from the left ,they started with riots , race baiting. Not letting conservatives speak in colleges
pushing false narratives like Ferguson , hands up don’t shoot lie ramming PC crap down our collective throats , shouting down opposition.

Bullying the opposition ,physically attacking anybody they disagree with

Using the IRS to attack conservative organizations

So sorry I don’t buy it just happened under Trump

I totally agree with you that the left has been a big part of the divide. But we are not discussing Ferguson (I agree with you by the way, disgusted that the punk thug has a statue in his honor).

We were discussing the MSM's treatment of President Trump. And again they never went at the Bushes or Reagan the way they have President Trump. To claim otherwise is complete nonsense. No they go after Trump because he gives them so much more to work with. Bush was an adult, so was Reagan. When you hold the most import job in the world and behave like a petulant child you make yourself an easy target. When you introduce such divisive ideas such as the travel ban or the border wall you will get a response.

It's just that simple.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again no different than Fox misrepresenting the kneel down pic. And you do not know they had the entire video the entire time, speculation. But again EXACTLY what Fox did. You praise them and trash CBS, nonsense.
Never praised them for the one thing you find . The MSM does this routinely

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The “OMG Flynn broke the Logan Act!” crew at Obama’s DOJ was just fine with a “well the espionage act is old and stuff” excuse for Hillary Clinton

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder how many people of color were denied entry do to these white liberal elites taking these alleged actions

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about all the black, brown, & low-income students who arrive at college & who are made to feel as if they don't deserve to be there, while so many wealthy students have their parents essentially buy their way into these schools & rarely experience the same skepticism.

Thanks liberal elites

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Status
Not open for further replies.