• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing...I don’t care about race. Being more inclusive and diverse is fine with me if it is based on merit.

The problem with what you are looking forward to is you won’t be alive to see the true effects.

We have seen in this country for generations, the darker your skin tone the harder you have to work in order to be considered a person of "Merit". So what on earth make you think the same rules are not and will not continue to be applied when determining who "Merits" coming into the country??

Secondly, something you should have figured out long before now without me stating it. My take on where this country needs to go has little to do with me and my lot in life and everything to do with how hard or less difficult society will be for my kids, and their kids after them. What I dont want to se is whats happening now, a rise in hate activity based on things like race and skin color. Now i know many of you will scream its not just the alt-white that is causing the current situation. To that i say yes, there are protestors on both sides. But I then challenge you to show me an instance where the Antifa boogeyman has killed someone?? IM even willing to give you the Senate shooting, because I know one of you will throw it out there. But when has one of these left-wingers as you call them mailed pipe-bombs, shot up churches or any of the other REAL violence we see from the right far too often these days??

Dad, tell me what a person who wants to import people bas3d on skin tone is called. If you want black and brown people imported, but you don’t want white people imported, then what are you?

Thats your opinion and you re welcome to it. But the reality is, my thought process is that until we get past the current 200 year old system of one race dominating simply because there are more of you, we will never evolve as a society. NOw I get where society not changing might be a problem for you, but the reality is we can either accept that its going to happen, and work with it. Or continue to fight against it, support the thought process of some of the darker elements, and watch history repeat itself in some new and even more costly fashion.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i am saying is dont get personal and call people names

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have seen in this country for generations, the darker your skin tone the harder you have to work in order to be considered a person of "Merit". So what on earth make you think the same rules are not and will not continue to be applied when determining who "Merits" coming into the country??

Secondly, something you should have figured out long before now without me stating it. My take on where this country needs to go has little to do with me and my lot in life and everything to do with how hard or less difficult society will be for my kids, and their kids after them. What I dont want to se is whats happening now, a rise in hate activity based on things like race and skin color. Now i know many of you will scream its not just the alt-white that is causing the current situation. To that i say yes, there are protestors on both sides. But I then challenge you to show me an instance where the Antifa boogeyman has killed someone?? IM even willing to give you the Senate shooting, because I know one of you will throw it out there. But when has one of these left-wingers as you call them mailed pipe-bombs, shot up churches or any of the other REAL violence we see from the right far too often these days??

Thats your opinion and you re welcome to it. But the reality is, my thought process is that until we get past the current 200 year old system of one race dominating simply because there are more of you, we will never evolve as a society. NOw I get where society not changing might be a problem for you, but the reality is we can either accept that its going to happen, and work with it. Or continue to fight against it, support the thought process of some of the darker elements, and watch history repeat itself in some new and even more costly fashion.

Nah...people of merit are simply not criminals and aren’t on the government dole. Nobody makes a black person become a criminal. Nobody makes a black person get on the government cheese. You don’t have to work any harder to be neither of those.

James Homes, Adam Lanza, Jared Lougner, Fort Hood shooter, Amanda Blackburn, and the abduction and torture of a mentally ill white kid off the top of my head.

Except the one race doesn’t dominate. The only races that are consistent about their political views are blacks and Hispanics.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah...people of merit are simply not criminals and aren’t on the government dole. Nobody makes a black person become a criminal. Nobody makes a black person get on the government cheese. You don’t have to work any harder to be neither of those.

James Homes, Adam Lanza, Jared Lougner, Fort Hood shooter, Amanda Blackburn, and the abduction and torture of a mentally ill white kid off the top of my head.

Except the one race doesn’t dominate. The only races that are consistent about their political views are blacks and Hispanics.

whites are the biggest beneficiaries when it comes to government safety-net programs like the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, commonly referred to as welfare.

White people without a college degree ages 18 to 64 are the largest class of adults lifted out of poverty by such programs, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. The think tank’s 2017 report stated that 6.2 million working-age whites were lifted above the poverty line in 2014 compared to 2.8 million blacks and 2.4 million Hispanics.

When it comes the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP—the initiative formerly known as food stamps—the numbers look similar.

Just over 40 percent of SNAP recipients are white. Another 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American, according to a 2015 Department of Agriculture report.

Trump told not everyone on welfare is black: “Really? Then what are they?” he responded: Report

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whites are the biggest beneficiaries when it comes to government safety-net programs like the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, commonly referred to as welfare.

White people without a college degree ages 18 to 64 are the largest class of adults lifted out of poverty by such programs, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. The think tank’s 2017 report stated that 6.2 million working-age whites were lifted above the poverty line in 2014 compared to 2.8 million blacks and 2.4 million Hispanics.

When it comes the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP—the initiative formerly known as food stamps—the numbers look similar.

Just over 40 percent of SNAP recipients are white. Another 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American, according to a 2015 Department of Agriculture report.

Trump told not everyone on welfare is black: “Really? Then what are they?” he responded: Report

Yep...that is because white people are 50% of the population. In sheer numbers, you are correct; however, not per capita. Oh, and I don’t care about the artificial line with no real measure known as poverty. The dictionary simply says somebody that is really poor which is a completely arbitrary statement.

Also, I didn’t say black people with merit. I said people. You are the one hung up on race, as usual. I would also question the report because when it comes to race, Hispanics are usually considered white.

As for Trump’s comment, do you actually believe Trump believes only black people were on welfare? Do you actually believe he doesn’t know the actual numbers?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...that is because white people are 50% of the population. In sheer numbers, you are correct; however, not per capita. Oh, and I don’t care about the artificial line with no real measure known as poverty. The dictionary simply says somebody that is really poor which is a completely arbitrary statement.

Also, I didn’t say black people with merit. I said people. You are the one hung up on race, as usual. I would also question the report because when it comes to race, Hispanics are usually considered white.

As for Trump’s comment, do you actually believe Trump believes only black people were on welfare? Do you actually believe he doesn’t know the actual numbers?

So you admit that the "welfare" problem isnt about race, but it is a nice talking point for those that want to say the problems in this country start and stem from minorities.

You refuse to admit that Merit in this country for as long as this country has been around has to some degree been based on color. Which lead to programs you hate such as affirmative action. And you dont think vestiges of that thinking still survive, and are a part of our current immigration system?

As for Trumps comments, Im pretty sure he knows that playing to the fears of his biggest base is what got him into the White House, and will be key to his re-election. And IM pretty sure it never even occurred to him to look at the numbers because they dont fit into his narrative.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you admit that the "welfare" problem isnt about race, but it is a nice talking point for those that want to say the problems in this country start and stem from minorities.

You refuse to admit that Merit in this country for as long as this country has been around has to some degree been based on color. Which lead to programs you hate such as affirmative action. And you dont think vestiges of that thinking still survive, and are a part of our current immigration system?

As for Trumps comments, Im pretty sure he knows that playing to the fears of his biggest base is what got him into the White House, and will be key to his re-election. And IM pretty sure it never even occurred to him to look at the numbers because they dont fit into his narrative.

When did I say welfare was limited to a single race? I will point out that it affects one race disproportionately. I believe that has to do mostly with fatherlessness.

Merit has always been merit. That is why we have people such as Frederick Douglas, Thomas Sowell, and Oprah Winfrey. It was harder for black people 70 years ago to be successful because of racism. Affirmative action had a place back then because it was verifiable that black people were not treated properly. Today, affirmative action is not needed. There are still some racist people out there, on both sides, but government interference and an actually racist law is not needed.

Nope...racism does not play any part in immigration. If it did, 45% of immigrants would not be Latino and 26% of all immigrants would not be from Mexico. Hell, if there was a conspiracy to keep America white, we wouldn’t import 27% of the immigrants from Asia, 9% black, Latino immigrants population wouldn’t comprise 45%.

As for Trump, his comment was probably tongue and cheek, full of sarcasm. That being said, government assstance is given very disproportionally to black people.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol yes. The dude is not very bright. I'm not putting anything past him.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say welfare was limited to a single race? I will point out that it affects one race disproportionately. I believe that has to do mostly with fatherlessness.

Merit has always been merit. That is why we have people such as Frederick Douglas, Thomas Sowell, and Oprah Winfrey. It was harder for black people 70 years ago to be successful because of racism. Affirmative action had a place back then because it was verifiable that black people were not treated properly. Today, affirmative action is not needed. There are still some racist people out there, on both sides, but government interference and an actually racist law is not needed.

Nope...racism does not play any part in immigration. If it did, 45% of immigrants would not be Latino and 26% of all immigrants would not be from Mexico. Hell, if there was a conspiracy to keep America white, we wouldn’t import 27% of the immigrants from Asia, 9% black, Latino immigrants population wouldn’t comprise 45%.

As for Trump, his comment was probably tongue and cheek, full of sarcasm. That being said, government assstance is given very disproportionally to black people.

So... You believe in a merit based system.

Everybody should have an equal chance.

And you believe that white people are actually discriminated against through things like affirmative action and that systemic racism is not holding minorities down.

So... How do you explain that, despite this, white people are measurably better off (income, unemployment, education, home ownership, crime, etc) in America than blacks and Hispanics?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... You believe in a merit based system.

Everybody should have an equal chance.

And you believe that white people are actually discriminated against through things like affirmative action and that systemic racism is not holding minorities down.

So... How do you explain that, despite this, white people are measurably better off (income, unemployment, education, home ownership, crime, etc) in America than blacks and Hispanics?

I can actually confirm that affirmative action discriminates against white people. It is in the definition.

I do not believe in “making” the world equal because I believe in freedom and liberty. The only entity that should not discriminate is the government.

I have gone over this numerous times. White people are better off as a whole because of the choices they make, especially fathers in the home, than blacks and Hispanics. That is also the reason Asians are better off than whites.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can actually confirm that affirmative action discriminates against white people. It is in the definition.

I do not believe in “making” the world equal because I believe in freedom and liberty. The only entity that should not discriminate is the government.

I have gone over this numerous times. White people are better off as a whole because of the choices they make, especially fathers in the home, than blacks and Hispanics. That is also the reason Asians are better off than whites.

So you believe everybody else should discriminate??

So why are they making worse choices. You've ducked this question in the past. What is the root cause of these worse choices?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you believe everybody else should discriminate??

So why are they making worse choices. You've ducked this question in the past. What is the root cause of these worse choices?

I believe everybody should be free to discriminate, because everybody does. It is how choices are made. I think it is ignorant to discriminate based on race.

I have never dodged the question. You just didn’t get the answer you wanted. The root cause of most bad choices in all people is short term gain or pleasure.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe everybody should be free to discriminate, because everybody does. It is how choices are made. I think it is ignorant to discriminate based on race.

I have never dodged the question. You just didn’t get the answer you wanted. The root cause of most bad choices in all people is short term gain or pleasure.

That's not the question. The question was should everybody but the government discriminate? That's what you said initially, I just want to confirm.

You have dodged the question. In fact you did it in this very post.

What is the root cause of these worse choices from blacks and Hispanics? Why are they according to you making worse choices than whites?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the question. The question was should everybody but the government discriminate? That's what you said initially, I just want to confirm.

You have dodged the question. In fact you did it in this very post.

What is the root cause of these worse choices from blacks and Hispanics? Why are they according to you making worse choices than whites?

I said everybody should be free to discriminate. I also said, everybody does discriminate. Discriminate means “recognize a distinction; differentiate.” This is how choices are made.

Dude...I didn’t dodge your question. I answered your question. I told you the root cause to most bad choices...it is typically selfishness through instant gratification and short-sightedness. I am not sure how much more I can spell that out for you. It is a universal. Selfishness does not know race, sex, or any other category YOU want to put on people.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said everybody should be free to discriminate. I also said, everybody does discriminate. Discriminate means “recognize a distinction; differentiate.” This is how choices are made.

Dude...I didn’t dodge your question. I answered your question. I told you the root cause to most bad choices...it is typically selfishness through instant gratification and short-sightedness. I am not sure how much more I can spell that out for you. It is a universal. Selfishness does not know race, sex, or any other category YOU want to put on people.

What you said was...

"The only entity that should not discriminate is the government."

This would mean everybody else SHOULD discriminate.

You clearly dodged. You even say so yourself that you answered what the root cause of most bad decisions is. But I didn't ask you what the root cause of most bad decisions is. I asked what the root cause of the them making worse choices than whites (your argument)?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you said was...

"The only entity that should not discriminate is the government."

This would mean everybody else SHOULD discriminate.

You clearly dodged. You even say so yourself that you answered what the root cause of most bad decisions is. But I didn't ask you what the root cause of most bad decisions is. I asked what the root cause of the them making worse choices than whites (your argument)?

Go back to the actual definition of discriminate, which is recognize a distinction.

If I tell you the root cause of most bad decisions is selfishness, can’t you infer that black individuals tend to be more selfish in their choices?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back to the actual definition of discriminate, which is recognize a distinction.

If I tell you the root cause of most bad decisions is selfishness, can’t you infer that black individuals tend to be more selfish in their choices?

No lol. That is one convenient to you definition that we both know doesn't apply to what you were referring to. How weird that you left out the other definition.

Well that was a baby step in the direction of an answer. So why are blacks more selfish (again according to you)?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or maybe I domt really need to dig deeper into your beliefs here. Maybe that says enough. That ultimately you just believe blacks are more selfish than whites?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe I domt really need to dig deeper into your beliefs here. Maybe that says enough. That ultimately you just believe blacks are more selfish than whites?

Its cause we gots no fathers man, keep up. Thats what makes us selfish.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No lol. That is one convenient to you definition that we both know doesn't apply to what you were referring to. How weird that you left out the other definition.

Well that was a baby step in the direction of an answer. So why are blacks more selfish (again according to you)?

Actually, it refers to exactly what I meant. That is why I said discriminating based on race is ignorant. I left out the other part because it is encompassed by the first. Go back to post 6589, my original that you are trying to change.

Well, if I believe most poor decisions are based on selfishness, and I believe merit is caused by the decisions we make, and you believe black people are behind white people, then yes according to a logical progression black individuals are more selfish than white people.

OMG...how can I say that? Look at the black children born out of wedlock...selfish gratification...and the lack of sacrifice regarding education.

Now here is the kicker...I believe black individuals are every bit as capable as white people at having merit, and white people are every bit as capable of lacking merit as black people. I have also stated that Asians have more “merit” than all of us. So what do I believe...culturally Asians are superior to all of us with their work ethic.

Ultimately, this is what I believe. Every individual is the product of the choices they make. Race has nothing to do with any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.