• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Police want to speak with La'el Collins

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it funny that we've spent months arguing about how the offensive line dictates a RBs success and how Mayhew will never trade down, yet he does both (drafts good OG, trades down and acquires picks and a player) and its still an issue. Lol.

Do we just argue for the sake of it? And I'm saying this in general, not talking about anyone specific because Im cool with everyone here.
I find it funny that suggesting he was a reach is considered an issue.

Why are there any posts at all on this board since everyone should apparently be thrilled with every aspect of what the team did last night?

I have never suggested I don't think LT isn't a good player, I simply said that I think he was a reach at that spot.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
add me to that email list....

good grief.

people jumping off bridges and we're not even finished with the draft or in camp or pre-season preparation.

MAN !

Par for the course here.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good grief.

people jumping off bridges and we're not even finished with the draft or in camp or pre-season preparation.

MAN !
Who has jumped off the bridge? Seriously? I have seen exactly one post/thread from one poster who hates the pick. ONE!!

I am amazed at the number of people claiming people are jumping off bridges or bashing about the pick. I am pretty much the only person on this thread that has voiced anything other than glowing praise and the extent to which I said was that I thought he was a reach at that spot.

Good grief is right, only that should be directed in the other direction at posters.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't hear? We're now a ground and pound team. Changed over night bro. I'll forward you the email.

good grief.

MAN !

Who has jumped off the bridge? Seriously? I have seen exactly one post/thread from one poster who hates the pick. ONE!!

I am amazed at the number of people claiming people are jumping off bridges or bashing about the pick. I am pretty much the only person on this thread that has voiced anything other than glowing praise and the extent to which I said was that I thought he was a reach at that spot.

Good grief is right, only that should be directed in the other direction at posters.

do you see anywhere in my post specifically calling you out ? NO !

Several posters on this board voice their displeasure with that pick without thinking it all the way through and mostly because of Tomlinson's perceived grading on Big Boards is my assumption.

My statement of "people jumping off bridges" is no more reflective than a personal opinion of mine.

It's an opinionated board with some stats or facts thrown in along the way, right ?

There are more than just one poster in here who hates the pick.

Fire away DR. Fire away.

I'm the only poster to have stated that first part. There wasn't a number of people. just one

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the media hired PI's to investigate this? How about we just say I vehimately disagree and I don't give a flying fuck what they did actually cause it doesn't matter at all.

I suggested that the Lions should do their own vetting of the situation and make their own informed decision.

You guys are acting like I advocated that they just outright take him and hope. If anyone bothered to pay any attention at all you might have noted me saying that it's my opinion that Tomlinson was a big reach.

Can't imagine that ANYONE would have had Tomlinson ranked above Collins on their boards. You do the digging to try and find the truth to where you are confident that he will be cleared and if so you go ahead and make the pick. If you arent confident then you don't.

How easy is that to understand given that it's exactly what I have been saying all along. None of which changes that I think Tomlinson was a reach because for mocks that have him late first there were plenty (probably quite a few more) that had him late second and some in the third.

I respect your opinion and your right to disagree, but I also think you're way off base if you think the media didn't immediately hire private investigators on this one. Why wouldn't they? It's a HUGE story and the media has very, very deep pockets. From my perspective of course they would, it makes zero sense for them not to, imo...

There's a reason the people doing mocks work for the media and not for the personnel department of teams. They're good at producing entertainment and gathering information- but they're not the ones putting these prospects through workouts and having the private sit-downs with them. I wouldn't base much of my opinion of a draft pick on where the mock drafts had him at...

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone was going to jump off a bridge, it would have been when Rusty took Ebron with the 10th pick. Or when Rusty was stupid enough to ever let Suh hit free agency. Not for taking a G with the 28th pick after trading down and receiving two extra picks plus veteran interior OL help.

And if Collins is there when the Lions pick comes around (he won't be), they should take him, and the risk that goes with it. More likely, Rusty will trade up to take someone he'll be looking to replace in 3 years.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it funny that we've spent months arguing about how the offensive line dictates a RBs success and how Mayhew will never trade down, yet he does both (drafts good OG, trades down and acquires picks and a player) and its still an issue. Lol.

Do we just argue for the sake of it? And I'm saying this in general, not talking about anyone specific because Im cool with everyone here.
Well I'm not cool with you because I'm a huge racist! I can't stand giant Asians!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason the people doing mocks work for the media and not for the personnel department of teams. They're good at producing entertainment and gathering information
Chris Carter also made another great comment about the 1st round last night. He said it was very boring....to the fans and media. To the teams, it was fantastic. What he meant was that everyone was trying to predict all these crazy trades and whatnot, but the teams mainly stuck to their boards and made their picks. He said it looked like every team nailed their pick in terms of positions of need and BPA at the moment.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand giant Asians!

especially when said giant Asian commented that he was nearly identical in height and weight as Melvin Gordon. somewhere around 6' 1" and 205-208 lbs., which is less weight than TP's previously stated around 230 lbs. and his own driver's license reads 6' 0" but that you were probably a little under that now.

you guys :thumb:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why are there any posts at all on this board since everyone should apparently be thrilled with every aspect of what the team did last night?

I have never suggested I don't think LT isn't a good player, I simply said that I think he was a reach at that spot.
I don't see that as an issue. I'm personally just fine with the pick, but if people think he was a reach, that's understandable based on where he was projected to go.

I think the issue people may be having with your comments (and this is just me spitballing here) is the overlying anger towards Mayhew and Co. That being said, all the regulars know you can't stand our management, so, again, it shouldn't be an issue, imo.

All-in-all you kind of tend to come across pretty strong, and I think you've just got a lot of posters who are pretty pumped-up that it's finally draft time, and they're just matching your intensity level whilst giving their two cents. That's my two cents, anyhow.

I wouldn't worry one bit about it- if we were all in agreement, these discussions would suck. You provide a valuable service by being the token "management hater" because it stirs up arguments and we all get entertainment out of all this. Keep giving your opinions as you see fit- some of us might not like said opinions, but the board is a better place for it.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially when said giant Asian commented that he was nearly identical in height and weight as Melvin Gordon. somewhere around 6' 1" and 205-208 lbs., which is less weight than TP's previously stated around 230 lbs. and his own driver's license reads 6' 0" but that you were probably a little under that now.

you guys :thumb:
Lol, height and weight-wise I'm built like an NFL running back. My 230 lbs (down to about 215 now, been trying that exercising stuff everyone is always yapping about) is carried a bit differently, though- perhaps a bit softer around the middle and smaller in the chest and arms...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 230 lbs (down to about 215 now, been trying that exercising stuff everyone is always yapping about)

it helps to go all Paul Bunyan for months on end chopping and hauling that for yards.. exercise comes in many formats.... the wifey could help out in that area :nod:

good for you on dropping that weight though. summer-time is coming so there's that too.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw 2 or 3 mocks that had Tomlinson at 31 or 32. I'll see if I can find them. One of the Mocks had LT going to NE as a replacement for Logan Mankins, who was traded late last year to TB. I know I saw that one.

Listening to the draft last night on the radio as I was driving Pat Kirwan interviewed LT and told him if Detroit had not taking you surely you would not of got passed New England at 32. so there were other people I'm sure that probably either thought the same thing or close to early second round was really not reach IMO.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not pointing directly at you. Several Lions sites have people flipping out, literally. Never take offense to anything I say.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at the evidence, It looks like he would not make it to 54. Initially I had him as a potential 2nd round for us, but based on how quick the O-lineman are going I admit he probably would not be there. I think the D-line which is deeper has not been tapped much at all. Many teams probably figure they can wait on it.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several Lions sites have people flipping out, literally

yep ! and I was attempting to state exactly that, not just on this board, with my comment about people jumping off of bridges. My comment probably came out entirely different on this board than what I had intended.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And do these people who jump off bridges not know how to swim? Or do they do belly flops that kill them instantly? Has anyone ever interviewed a surviving bridge jumper? Why a bridge? Do they just really like bridges? Or is it symbolic in some way?