• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Police want to speak with La'el Collins

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you've just got a lot of posters who are pretty pumped-up that it's finally draft time,

100% agree here..

I wouldn't worry one bit about it- if we were all in agreement, these discussions would suck. You provide a valuable service by being the token "management hater" because it stirs up arguments and we all get entertainment out of all this. Keep giving your opinions as you see fit- some of us might not like said opinions, but the board is a better place for it.

no single poster should be all that concerned what another posters opinion is of him, IMO, unless it's blatant disregard or abusive and/or false claims or twisting of previously documented statements.

I've learned a lot from the Doc and his cap knowledge and will NEVER have all of his know how. The Dr. has had some pretty relevant points to his dismay of Mayhew and Lewand. I sure don't agree 100% with every single sentence of posts he provides but I can at times see his point of view and why or how he feels towards management and coaching staffs etc. .

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is it symbolic in some way?

metaphorically speaking bridge jumper/jumping sounds A LOT more dramatic, doesn't it ? It does for me as I'm instantly interested.

this isn't the place to come in and try to make sense of anything, is it ?

it's a merry-go-round in here without having to travel to the local or county or state fair and IT"S FREE here.

I'm cheap, don't drive anymore, prefer comfy, cozy, confines of my crib, have access to this web thingy which also let's me enter here at no financial expense to me.... it's a win all the way around, for me. I can't say for others.

:suds:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
metaphorically speaking bridge jumper/jumping sounds A LOT more dramatic, doesn't it ? It does for me as I'm instantly interested.

this isn't the place to come in and try to make sense of anything, is it ?

it's a merry-go-round in here without having to travel to the local or county or state fair and IT"S FREE here.

I'm cheap, don't drive anymore, prefer comfy, cozy, confines of my crib, have access to this web thingy which also let's me enter here at no financial expense to me.... it's a win all the way around, for me. I can't say for others.

:suds:

So you're saying that you're a cheap bastard, and you prefer to stay home so you don't have to deal with all the tards out there. You're preaching to the choir.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at the evidence, It looks like he would not make it to 54. Initially I had him as a potential 2nd round for us, but based on how quick the O-lineman are going I admit he probably would not be there. I think the D-line which is deeper has not been tapped much at all. Many teams probably figure they can wait on it.
He wasn't going to last until 54. No way.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying that you're a cheap bastard, and you prefer to stay home so you don't have to deal with all the tards out there. You're preaching to the choir.

I love your background vocals in that choir. Your sound was like non-other.

yep I'm cheap and hate the tards out there... sometimes I turn into one of them and hate myself the same.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I also think you're way off base if you think the media didn't immediately hire private investigators on this one. Why wouldn't they? It's a HUGE story and the media has very, very deep pockets. From my perspective of course they would, it makes zero sense for them not to, imo...

A couple of days ago I put up a thread bashing The Clown Show and how they got their respective promotions to the roles they are now in. You referred to as being based on the bullshit word of the worst GM in sporting history. The author of that extremely lengthy article needs a good working relationship with the team GM in order to do his job. He has a very vested interest in staying on his good side. Your response to the statements I made then and your view today on the depth of research and effort the media will go to in order to investigate a story are now polar opposites. They are hiring PI's to investigate the Collins case but not even bothering to sub

There's a reason the people doing mocks work for the media and not for the personnel department of teams. They're good at producing entertainment and gathering information- but they're not the ones putting these prospects through workouts and having the private sit-downs with them. I wouldn't base much of my opinion of a draft pick on where the mock drafts had him at...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't going to last until 54. No way.

want a little bit of proof that you're right. go look on the thread of ours "meet our 1st rd pick Laken Tomlinson". I just posted 5-7 mocks who had Tomlinson going at #32 to #38... Mocks aren't fool proof as we know but two of them had Tomlinson going to the Patriots at #32... just sayin' this to support your claim as I have stated the same as you, he wasn't going to last until #54.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
want a little bit of proof that you're right. go look on the thread of ours "meet our 1st rd pick Laken Tomlinson". I just posted 5-7 mocks who had Tomlinson going at #32 to #38... Mocks aren't fool proof as we know but two of them had Tomlinson going to the Patriots at #32... just sayin' this to support your claim as I have stated the same as you, he wasn't going to last until #54.

I think when we do are own mocks we tend to slot in players later than they will get picked almost every time because we are hoping to get a steal in every round. Even when trying to be realistic we are half a round off on most of them.

At least that is what I noticed anyway. Its not always the case, but seems to be more then half the time.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By chance, is it possible that the Lions may have known that the Patriots could've been in play for Tomlinson? Could the Pats have been one of the three teams that tried to trade with the Lions?

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All-in-all you kind of tend to come across pretty strong,

Really? Really? (insert picture of black kettle and glass house)

all the regulars know you can't stand our management

When they give me a reason to stop hating I will, but there is no need for me to hold my breath.

you've just got a lot of posters who are pretty pumped-up that it's finally draft time, and they're just matching your intensity level whilst giving their two cents.

I said that I thought he was a fucking reach, nothing more. Still haven't seen anyone other than Thunder who disliked the pick. Yet I've seen numerous posters making all kinds of comments about the apparent large number of posters who do in fact dislike the pick or will just complain and argue about anything. Perhaps someone could show me the posts of these numerous haters. No need for me to hold my breath there either.

Pat Kirwan interviewed LT and told him if Detroit had not taking you surely you would not of got passed New England at 32. so there were other people I'm sure that probably either thought the same thing or close to early second round was really not reach IMO.

Are those comments from the Pats themselves saying they would have taken him or the opinion of Pat Kirwan? Huge difference between the two, huge.

I just posted 5-7 mocks who had Tomlinson going at #32 to #38

If I wanted to waste the time I could post twice as many showing him in the second and third rounds as well. Makes no difference, he was the pick and I still think he was a reach and would have gone a different direction.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of days ago I put up a thread bashing The Clown Show and how they got their respective promotions to the roles they are now in. You referred to as being based on the bullshit word of the worst GM in sporting history. The author of that extremely lengthy article needs a good working relationship with the team GM in order to do his job. He has a very vested interest in staying on his good side. Your response to the statements I made then and your view today on the depth of research and effort the media will go to in order to investigate a story are now polar opposites. They are hiring PI's to investigate the Collins case but not even bothering to sub

where the fuck is the rest of that post? :gaah:

...................They are hiring PI's to investigate the Collins case but not even bothering to substantiate one of the central points of an article that could completely ruin his working relationship with the GM of the team he covers if it was completely inaccurate. Why is it that when you don't agree it must be bullshit but when you do its completely accurate and fully investigated to get all of the facts correct? Just wondering?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Really? (insert picture of black kettle and glass house)

When they give me a reason to stop hating I will, but there is no need for me to hold my breath.

I said that I thought he was a fucking reach, nothing more. Still haven't seen anyone other than Thunder who disliked the pick. Yet I've seen numerous posters making all kinds of comments about the apparent large number of posters who do in fact dislike the pick or will just complain and argue about anything. Perhaps someone could show me the posts of these numerous haters. No need for me to hold my breath there either.

Are those comments from the Pats themselves saying they would have taken him or the opinion of Pat Kirwan? Huge difference between the two, huge.

If I wanted to waste the time I could post twice as many showing him in the second and third rounds as well. Makes no difference, he was the pick and I still think he was a reach and would have gone a different direction.

I am not erasing the others.

I believe you said something about him not having a first round grade. As a ex-GM I would rate his value of a player a littl better than most and surely any opinion from this board. So, while huge to you, not huge to me. Just proof that actual people who are in the inner circle and actually have ran a NFL team felt that way.

You are right. There is a huge difference, since I have not heard every opinion of why you think the clown show is almost always wrong from somebody else... Never mind fuck it. As anybody who does not agree with ya has no clue. As opinions are never wrong, so I've heard. I just take Pat's with a little more salt.
Apparently it was not a reach to Mayhew and company. As I guess they had him ranked higher than Brown and prolly IMO felt they could get more value from a later pick at DT or whatever than they could a OG.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny that suggesting he was a reach is considered an issue.

Same way I thought it was funny that Mayhew not filing tampering charges. Without knowing the whole story or back round was a issue.

When it came to Suh. Three or four other teams did the same contract shit as we knew well before Tuesday where many guys were going. His was just biggest contract. No team got picks from the tampering period.

Then Ngata was a issue also... Yet Woody Johnson who made way worse comments about Revis only got fined and no picks. So are these really huge issues? Nope.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not erasing the others.

I believe you said something about him not having a first round grade. As a ex-GM I would rate his value of a player a littl better than most and surely any opinion from this board. So, while huge to you, not huge to me. Just proof that actual people who are in the inner circle and actually have ran a NFL team felt that way.

You are right. There is a huge difference, since I have not heard every opinion of why you think the clown show is almost always wrong from somebody else... Never mind fuck it. As anybody who does not agree with ya has no clue. As opinions are never wrong, so I've heard. I just take Pat's with a little more salt.
Apparently it was not a reach to Mayhew and company. As I guess they had him ranked higher than Brown and prolly IMO felt they could get more value from a later pick at DT or whatever than they could a OG

You aren't erasing what others?

I never said anything about where he was graded. I personally said that its my opinion he was a reach. I responded to a comment by BB who noted several mocks that had LT going to the Pats at 32 and the Skins at 38. All I said was there were plenty of other mocks where he was late second or early third. Absolutely no idea what you were trying to say after the first sentence.

Not really sure what got you all pissed off in my saying that there is a huge difference between the Pats actually saying they would have taken LT and Pat Kirwan speculating that he would not have gotten past the Pats.

Blow it out your fucking ass when you make statements like that when there was absolutely NOTHING AT ALL throw your way to bring it about. What I stated was simply the obvious, Pat Kirwan's opinion that he wouldn't make it past 32 and the Pats saying that are monumentally different. Figure it out, get a clue, or shut your fucking pie hole before you throw out statements like that because you are always going to get the same level of animosity right back at you.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not erasing the quoted posts that did not pertain to me.

I will visit this later. Drove from Austin to Iowa overnight and truly a bunch is a haze at the moment. So instead of doing this sleep deprived, I will be back during the draft tonight after a nap. So if you are playing in the mulch... Oh well.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if I will have sweet dreams of this nerve I have struck.

I am guessing you should take a page from the good doctors page telling TP how to respond to people. As my statement seem pretty clean towards you. Yet that little tiny temper of yours seem to get the best of you always.
This is how I picture you around the house or wherever. Goodnight sweetheart!

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind fuck it. As anybody who does not agree with ya has no clue.

Pretty clean huh? Given that all I said was there is a huge difference between Pat Kirwan's opinion on when LT would have been picked and the Pats themselves saying that.

It's not my fault you are too dense to figure out even the most basic of things and then pop off at the mouth then act surprised at the response you get. That's always been your m.o.

Sleep well, perhaps you will have a dream about what its like to live with a fully functioning brain. A trip into fantasy land for you.