• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Police want to speak with La'el Collins

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have yet to see anyone call the pick a reach other than the fans at this point. The only way to get what could possibly be the best gaurd was to talk him. Freep.com has an article stating that Mayhew had 3 different offers to move down but none was better than Denver's. I wanted Coleman there but oh well...

yep ! that right there in a nutshell. fans didn't see it coming so it was a bullshit move, right ? and the sentence right after that one is spot on.

My belief is that if the player you covet is deemed a starter by your FO/Coaching staff and the probability he's not there in next round, YOU DRAFT THAT PLAYER.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep ! that right there in a nutshell. fans didn't see it coming so it was a bullshit move, right ? and the sentence right after that one is spot on.

My belief is that if the player you covet is deemed a starter by your FO/Coaching staff and the probability he's not there in next round, YOU DRAFT THAT PLAYER.

Exactly. Mayhew stated that there was SOME players they had RANKED HIGHLY that came off the board early and it had them worried about what would be available. Who knows who they were?

The Lions probably had a high second round grade on LT that wasn't much of a difference from any of the other guys at that point. If they were SERIOUS about fixing the LG position, then they had to sort of combine the BPA with need, which works. You simply have to pull the trigger on guys your organization like.

If the Lions take Brown there and the Pats turn around and take LT, how do you think people would've reacted here? The Pats would be getting praised as they sat waiting for LT to fall into there laps.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's your opinion and thoughts I guess on what I would do despite me having said on the record something entirely different.

I was not supposed to mention The Clown Show or ripinto them until Thursday night after they at least made their pick

Just sayin'. :suds: ;)

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the cops want to interview him at all is going to throw up red flags for teams everywhere. I sure hope he had nothing to do with it, but honestly, I wouldn't take the risk unless the cops turn over some concrete proof that he will not be charged, questioned further, 100% eliminated as a suspect...if not, he could slip out of round 1.

glad to hear the kid lived.
I think if it wasnt for Aaron Hernandez he wouldve been drafted. Why? Because all reports show as of now that he isnt a suspect, he has an alibi etc. Based on the alibi the only way he could be involved would be through a murder for hire situation. And noone in their right mind would hire someone to kill your baby mama 1 week before the draft, thus causing your own draft stock to plummet costing you millions. But since Aaron is batshit crazy...you never know.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Mayhew stated that there was SOME players they had RANKED HIGHLY that came off the board early and it had them worried about what would be available. Who knows who they were?

The Lions probably had a high second round grade on LT that wasn't much of a difference from any of the other guys at that point. If they were SERIOUS about fixing the LG position, then they had to sort of combine the BPA with need, which works. You simply have to pull the trigger on guys your organization like.

If the Lions take Brown there and the Pats turn around and take LT, how do you think people would've reacted here? The Pats would be getting praised as they sat waiting for LT to fall into there laps.
I'M thinking he was thinking running back.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, the media could, and probably did, do the exact same thing. There's no reason to think the media wouldn't hire the best PI's available to go see what they could find out. We're talking about a several-hundred million dollar industry here, after all. There's no information that teams have access to on that front that the media doesn't have access to...
You think the media hired PI's to investigate this? How about we just say I vehimately disagree and I don't give a flying fuck what they did actually cause it doesn't matter at all.

I suggested that the Lions should do their own vetting of the situation and make their own informed decision.

You guys are acting like I advocated that they just outright take him and hope. If anyone bothered to pay any attention at all you might have noted me saying that it's my opinion that Tomlinson was a big reach.

Can't imagine that ANYONE would have had Tomlinson ranked above Collins on their boards. You do the digging to try and find the truth to where you are confident that he will be cleared and if so you go ahead and make the pick. If you arent confident then you don't.

How easy is that to understand given that it's exactly what I have been saying all along. None of which changes that I think Tomlinson was a reach because for mocks that have him late first there were plenty (probably quite a few more) that had him late second and some in the third.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once again, here's someone who gets it. Fans need to get over the shock and actually think this trade through with all the parameters that you've touched on, IMO only.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Chris Carter, on Mike & Mike this morning, say that it's too early to decide if a team made the wrong 1st round pick. Each team(minus the Browns) only had one pick, and they all went after a player they wanted and many fit the need as well. He said if there were 3 rounds last night, it would be much easier to evaluate each team's draft at this point. But one pick isn't enough to fairly critique their draft at this point.

They also were talking about Scherff(sp?) being drafted at #5 as a guard. Golic quickly replied with an example of Martin last year. If he was drafted at 5 last year, would anyone be talking about it being a mistake at this time? No. It's a commodities and talent run business. Teams need to grab the best players they can. The Lions obviously felt LT was the best remaining and that he wouldn't be there when their next pick came around.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not supposed to mention The Clown Show or ripinto them until Thursday night after they at least made their pick

Just sayin'. :suds: ;)

Pretty sure I addressed that after finding that article and the shit that was in it about The Clown Show. More than deserving of being addressed before the Matt Millen "directed" hire got to make another pick

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I addressed that after finding that article and the shit that was in it about The Clown Show. More than deserving of being addressed before the Matt Millen "directed" hire got to make another pick
My point was that words typed out here don't always remain true. You have every right to bitch about the F.O., just as I have the right to express that IMO you'd rip on them if they drafted Collins and he murdered her after initially calling it a great pick.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each team(minus the Browns) only had one pick, and they all went after a player they wanted and many fit the need as well.

fans get all to caught up in this media/analyst hyped BPA. There's more to drafting than just BPA as you just stated that and so has Lionstop1. Gandy and I got into this very same convo and agreed with each other that sometimes it's best player of value at position of need and if the team drafting has a grade on player x that is within reason of other players that aren't a need, then the need takes over. something like that.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And noone in their right mind would hire someone to kill your baby mama 1 week before the draft, thus causing your own draft stock to plummet costing you millions. But since Aaron is batshit crazy...you never know.

that right there plus the following continuation of ending that sentence

well done coach, well done

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that was a highly likely scenario, taking Tomlinson, if Malcom Brown was gone. The hoodie loves to take his OL/DL early.

I just find it funny that we've spent months arguing about how the offensive line dictates a RBs success and how Mayhew will never trade down, yet he does both (drafts good OG, trades down and acquires picks and a player) and its still an issue. Lol.

Do we just argue for the sake of it? And I'm saying this in general, not talking about anyone specific because Im cool with everyone here.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was that words typed out here don't always remain true. You have every right to bitch about the F.O., just as I have the right to express that IMO you'd rip on them if they drafted Collins and he murdered her after initially calling it a great pick.
Me telling Gandy in a direct conversation that I would jokingly try and hold off on bashing The Clown Show for a couple days until they made a pick is a completely different scenario then you suggesting that what I said about not bashing if they felt comfortable with their extra investigation efforts and then made the pick was a straight up lie and I would do it anyways after specifically saying I wouldnt

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it funny that we've spent months arguing about how the offensive line dictates a RBs success and how Mayhew will never trade down, yet he does both (drafts good OG, trades down and acquires picks and a player) and its still an issue. Lol.

Do we just argue for the sake of it? And I'm saying this in general, not talking about anyone specific because Im cool with everyone here.
You didn't hear? We're now a ground and pound team. Changed over night bro. I'll forward you the email.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me telling Gandy in a direct conversation that I would jokingly try and hold off on bashing The Clown Show for a couple days until they made a pick is a completely different scenario then you suggesting that what I said about not bashing if they felt comfortable with their extra investigation efforts and then made the pick was a straight up lie and I would do it anyways after specifically saying I wouldnt
It was a joke.

a71e5abbc0cbba65585ef1494d2adf67291758a2a47f6c1c8176c01fd86c435a.jpg

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said the following yesterday afternoon or early evening and it holds true today.

Fans are fickle and if teams don't draft the very player that said fan wanted, then they'll have an absolute fuckin' meltdown.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't hear? We're now a ground and pound team. Changed over night bro. I'll forward you the email.

add me to that email list....

good grief.

people jumping off bridges and we're not even finished with the draft or in camp or pre-season preparation.

MAN !