• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Police want to speak with La'el Collins

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins is trying to get his name removed from the draft. Wants to enter the supplemental draft this summer instead.
Dayamn! This kid just lost a ton of $$...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still cna't imagine he'd go entirely undrafted. Some team (hopefully us) will burn a 6th or 7th rounder on him. If he's exonerated then they scored huge, if he isn't, they cut ties and move on, not real loss...

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that might be coming. Smart agent.

Extremely interesting situation it creates. Definitely one that Lions should consider but likely would lose out on. Somebody with a higher priority in the first would get him before we would unfortunately. He would certainly draw a first round offer.

Would otherwise be the equivalent of having two first round picks this year. Teams that think they are on the edge of contending would likely jump on that given they still have a need after this weekend and expect to be picking later in the draft next year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La'el Collins went from #18 overall on Kipers Big Board Monday down to #42 at 9 am today

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must be dropping fast.
I guess so. I'm starting to think there's gotta be more to his side of the story.

If I were in his position I'd be calling up ESPN to scream my innocence this close to the draft. He should have done that by now, imo...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with you here on his agent making a smart decision. If Collins gets cleared of all speculation, as there are no current charges filed against him, then he damn for sure won't get past the 1st pick in 2nd rd. of the supplemental draft.

Lael Collins wants out of the draft, into the supplemental draft | ProFootballTalk

If he gets out of tonight's draft and into the supplemental, is cleared of any wrongdoing and ends up with a team whose priority is after us in the first round will that cement just how stupid The Clown Show is?

Obviously it is possible that we could somehow fill our major needs in this draft to where we wouldn't need him but if Mayhew is truly a follower of BPA then how could a player who was seen as 10-15 pick not be BPA when you are expecting your team to be drafting late because you are supposed to be a winner right now?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ DR. agreed up there. You never know what might happen 2nite. Yes, he's still an immense talent should he go the supplemental draft route.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought is this- what if he goes undrafted, but then is completely exonnerated?

Does he then instantly become an unrestricted free agent? Would he be able to go to the highest bidder at taht point? Because if that exact scenario unfolds, and suddenly an otherwise first-round rookie becomes available during training camp there would be a huge bidding war for his services, imo. He could end up making way more money than any other rookie in the league.

I wonder if there's league rules limiting how much UDFAs can be paid? I'd imagine there isn't because a scenario where one of the best players in the draft goes undrafted only to later be in huge demand. Special circumstances, to say the least...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we should burn our 6th rounder on him if he's there. Just in case. Better gamble than a run-of-the mill 6th round talent, imo...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he then instantly become an unrestricted free agent?

it's never happened to my knowledge. now, saying that I remember the kid from Cali, who went to prison for the alleged H.S. r*pe of another student and came out of prison at 25 yrs. old while being exonerated from those charges and convictions became a FA. He was primarily a UDFA. I believe he was picked up by Atl or Seattle.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That situation was different because he was draft-eligible years ago, and nobody selected him. I think that would be basically the same as if you or I suddenly tried-out and made a team- we were already draft eligible long ago, so we'd just be a straight-up unrestricted free agent...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's never happened to my knowledge. now, saying that I remember the kid from Cali, who went to prison for the alleged H.S. r*pe of another student and came out of prison at 25 yrs. old while being exonerated from those charges and convictions became a FA. He was primarily a UDFA. I believe he was picked up by Atl or Seattle.
And how fucked up is it that that dude went to PRISON for years because of an alleged r*pe? There was obviously zero evidence that he did it, because he didn't do it, but the jury took her word over his and he spent the best years of his athletic life locked up.

Imo, she should have to go to prison for every day he was. That seems fair.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how fucked up is it that that dude went to PRISON for years because of an alleged r*pe? There was obviously zero evidence that he did it,

prosecutors withheld evidence in that one. jury was an embarrassment. yes, that girl should have gone to prison. she received 3 yrs. probation if I remember correctly. the good ol' American justice system at it's finest. (that's sarcasm btw)

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is not drafted he is an unrestricted free agent free to sign with anyone.

There is no chance he isn't drafted this weekend. If he is on the board when our 2nd rd pick is up and we don't take him then we are even more fucked up as a franchise than I thought.

Teams have had time to dig into this, found detectives who would talk off the record, and know what is really going on. Risk vs Reward is the name of the game in the draft. How many second rd busts have we had? Ths risk is the same but the reward solo much higher. It's simply worth the risk to take him at that point.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wont get past Friday without being drafted. Teams will not let a mid 1st round pick get much further than the 3rd round. I still think he goes in the second unless more damaging info pops up in the next day or 2.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is not drafted he is an unrestricted free agent free to sign with anyone.

There is no chance he isn't drafted this weekend. If he is on the board when our 2nd rd pick is up and we don't take him then we are even more fucked up as a franchise than I thought.

Teams have had time to dig into this, found detectives who would talk off the record, and know what is really going on. Risk vs Reward is the name of the game in the draft. How many second rd busts have we had? Ths risk is the same but the reward solo much higher. It's simply worth the risk to take him at that point.
What if we don't take him with that pick because said detectives gave them information that he is indeed involved?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just playing Devil's advocate there. If we could get him with our 2nd rounder I'd be tickled pink, because I think he's not involved based on reports so far. However, I'm very concerned that he's not out shouting his innocence to every outlet that will give him a platform to do so. I wouldn't be asking to get into the supplemental draft, I'd be adamantly trying to clear my name. I'd be calling all 32 teams to at least try to speak with the brass, and I'd be looking for ESPN and PFT and so fourth to release an official statement/presser from me telling everyone I was innocent. Maybe that's not what his agent is telling him to do, but if I were in his situation, and had nothing to do with the murder, then I'd be doing some serious campaigning right about now...