• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Police want to speak with La'el Collins

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The threat to sit out is one of only two possible explanations to let a guy that talented go undrafted. The other is that there is some evidence that hasn't leaked to the media, but which got around to NFL GMs, that this was murder-for-hire to avoid paying child support a la Rae Carruth. The latter seems unlikely to me without the media getting a sniff, but I could see NFL GMs sharing information.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys signed him today. 3 years guaranteed, $1.7 mil.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. The rich get richer.

Hard to call JJ a great GM but at least he has the balls to try and build a winner by taking the right type of risk where it's warranted.

We haven't won a playoff game in two and half decades yet are stupid enough to just pass on the opportunity.

And spare me the rainbow speech that I don't know for sure that Millenhew didn't reach out to his agent or we didn't try. We were never once mentioned in any report linked to him while players and coaches of other teams were actually meeting with him.

I suggested that here was a chance for The Clown Show to impress me, instead it's just another perfect example of what a shit dump we having running this team. To have not put forth a big time effort is simply inexcusable. Total fucking losers!!!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to call JJ a great GM but at least he has the balls to try and build a winner by taking the right type of risk where it's warranted.

When speaking of risk, I only saw the PR risk involved. No risk from the football side. Draft him late or sign him whatever. Risk is only PR basically. He is guilty and truly nothing lost but either a late pick or a UDFA.

Jerry is not worried of risk anyway. Drafted Gregory and signed Hardy. He likes the cameras and media to be at his house.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suggested that here was a chance for The Clown Show to impress me, instead it's just another perfect example of what a shit dump we having running this team. To have not put forth a big time effort is simply inexcusable. Total fucking losers!!!

Big time effort? What did you want them to do, fly a plane over his house with Levy strapped to the top and have COME TO DETROIT spelled out in smoke?

Every team contacted him. He obviously had the pick of the litter and it came down to Dallas and Miami. Nothing to be upset or surprised about. If the Lions wanted him they should have drafted him in round 3. Same for 30 other teams.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time effort? What did you want them to do, fly a plane over his house with Levy strapped to the top and have COME TO DETROIT spelled out in smoke?

Every team contacted him. He obviously had the pick of the litter and it came down to Dallas and Miami. Nothing to be upset or surprised about. If the Lions wanted him they should have drafted him in round 3. Same for 30 other teams.
Horseshit!! Go visit the guy, sit down with him. Rex Ryan coaches Buffalo but had dinner with him in Baton Rouge. Was that just a coincidence? He was here for a pre-draft visit so they aren't strangers.

Luck doesn't breed success, calling his agent doesn't constitute an effort. Is that how you operate your business? Did you get your client base by staring at your home and praying for it to ring with someone needing a $1m loan?

The effort was shit and the result certainly not a surprise. I'm not upset we didn't land him, I figured that was a long shot, but the piss poor effort is every bit indicative of overall quality of our front office and franchise.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horseshit!! Go visit the guy, sit down with him. Rex Ryan coaches Buffalo but had dinner with him in Baton Rouge. Was that just a coincidence? He was here for a pre-draft visit so they aren't strangers.

Luck doesn't breed success, calling his agent doesn't constitute an effort. Is that how you operate your business? Did you get your client base by staring at your home and praying for it to ring with someone needing a $1m loan?

The effort was shit and the result certainly not a surprise. I'm not upset we didn't land him, I figured that was a long shot, but the piss poor effort is every bit indicative of overall quality of our front office and franchise.

Im not sure how you know what you of effort they gave, bro. He wasn't coming to Detroit. I am it though, I wouldn't have minded if they took him in the 7th.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Cowboy fan I am real happy about our picks. We got 3 first rounders. :yes:

But as far as the reasoning behind one of them, I am real sad. The other part of the story is just a sad situation.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He chose America's team. Jerry is a good salesman.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the reason neither the Lions nor anyone else drafted him in the late rounds was because he would have had the option of refusing to sign and then entering next year's draft. Which he most certainly would have done. He does not have that option as an undrafted free agent.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He chose America's team. Jerry is a good salesman.
And if you are inclined to credit him with signing UDFA's and selecting draft picks.....He's a pretty good GM too.

Not sure how many UDFA, 4x Pro Bowl QBs that have thrown a TD in every single road game for over five seasons, there are out there, but the list has to be short. And he has the youngest and prolly best Oline in the NFL blocking for him. Must be nice.

How 'bout dem Cowboys!?!

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure how you know what you of effort they gave, bro. He wasn't coming to Detroit. I am it though, I wouldn't have minded if they took him in the 7th.
I don't understand how it is that people think only the Lions activities are super secret when everything every other team does is so well reported.

Our team was never mentioned linked to him in any way other than pre-draft visit. Long shot or not we made a piss poor effort. 1st rd talent available for nothing and that's the effort we put forth as well, absolutely nothing.

Go visit him, state it publically that he was a guy the Lions wanted pre-draft so they are definitely interested now. Have our HC and oline coach go there and take him to dinner and Millenhew go visit his agent in person. At least attempt to go the extra mile.

If you want to sell your house and don't even bother to list it for sale somehow it's not going to get sold. Instead excuses are going to be made for yet another job of piss poor mgmt that are simply "he was never coming here". Well if you don't try you're exactly right, he won't and didnt.

This asswipe has had the chance to pursuing tampering charges twice and passed on both and now this. How anyone can think he is a good GM is absolutely beyond me when you look at his record, or complete lack thereof, during his tenure, which must include the Millen years.

He is a completely unqualified and incompetant jackass and he has shown that over and over and over again. Completely beginning to see the justification of the rainbow theory. So long as he is in charge failing then so will the Lions.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how it is that people think only the Lions activities are super secret when everything every other team does is so well reported.

Our team was never mentioned linked to him in any way other than pre-draft visit. Long shot or not we made a piss poor effort. 1st rd talent available for nothing and that's the effort we put forth as well, absolutely nothing.

Go visit him, state it publically that he was a guy the Lions wanted pre-draft so they are definitely interested now. Have our HC and oline coach go there and take him to dinner and Millenhew go visit his agent in person. At least attempt to go the extra mile.

If you want to sell your house and don't even bother to list it for sale somehow it's not going to get sold. Instead excuses are going to be made for yet another job of piss poor mgmt that are simply "he was never coming here". Well if you don't try you're exactly right, he won't and didnt.

This asswipe has had the chance to pursuing tampering charges twice and passed on both and now this. How anyone can think he is a good GM is absolutely beyond me when you look at his record, or complete lack thereof, during his tenure, which must include the Millen years.

He is a completely unqualified and incompetant jackass and he has shown that over and over and over again. Completely beginning to see the justification of the rainbow theory. So long as he is in charge failing then so will the Lions.

I thought the Lions are always pretty quiet about what their plans are. None of our draft picks were linked to the Lions outside of what the sports writers were predicting.

I personally don't see what the problem is here. Only one team can sign the guy and he had a choice. Plus, it's not like the guy was the top player in the draft or something. Maybe the Lions think they already have the RT spot filled. Maybe they draft more guys next year.

You can't complain about them not drafting any o-linemen and then they do but then complain again because they didn't get another guy. I think that's expecting way too much. Seems like you're looking for another reason to bash them. LOL

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Lions are always pretty quiet about what their plans are

No chance any special effort goes unnoticed and unreported by the media. See the Rex Ryan dinner and Dolphins players recruitment attempts. Doing jack shit like maybe calling his agent once will definitely go unnoticed though.

Plus, it's not like the guy was the top player in the draft or something.

Huh? He was universally thought of as a first rd talent with several mocks having had him at #10. He was then suddenly an UDFA. There has never once been a player of that talent available in the UDFA pool after the draft. Never.

You can't complain about them not drafting any o-linemen and then they do but then complain again because they didn't get another guy

I didn't complain about them drafting o-lineman but I absolutely can complain that the loser who runs our team made a pathetic effort to improve the team at a spot of definite need. He is an absolute upgrade by a huge amount over what we currently have at RT. He would have made the team better without question. That is Millenhew's job. I've seen that said about him 1000x on here as to how he has improved this roster. How many chances did he have to do that this offseason and simply pass? Two tampering charges he didn't pursue and a piss poor effort to land a first round talent for the cheapest contract anyone on an actual roster has in the league. That is simply pathetic.

Seems like you're looking for another reason to bash them

They make it so easy for me by their incompetence. Obviously I must have a much lower tolerance for failure than others do on this board. Neither of The Clown Show should have had their jobs in the first place and the very idea that they still have them should have any fan of this team furious. Not a chance they ever deliver a winner.