• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Police want to speak with La'el Collins

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define winner for me.

And that's what I mean right there. We have become conditioned as Lions fans to accept mediocrity.

A playoff appearance isn't winning. Anything less than a Lombardi Trophy is losing. Even a SB loss still just makes you the 1st place loser.

We have stunk for so long we define a successful season as things that aren't even close to successful.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's what I mean right there. We have become conditioned as Lions fans to accept mediocrity.

A playoff appearance isn't winning. Anything less than a Lombardi Trophy is losing. Even a SB loss still just makes you the 1st place loser.

We have stunk for so long we define a successful season as things that aren't even close to successful.

Well, its not that we are accepting it. Its a process to reach the top.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think your upset about nothing w Collins, but this point is dead on. 3-38 vs winning teams yet some fans truly think the Lions are a winning team. Sad.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not happy with where we are at. However I see us as having a first time GA that vastly improved our team and has shown that he may be a person that learns from his mistakes and improves over time. I'm not happy with the financial side of things, but we are actually looking up on that front. I think no chance to produce a winner is a bit melodramatic and complete superlative when we were a playoff team last year. If Lombardi can take a leap forward we are a top five team Imo.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your upset about nothing w Collins, but this point is dead on. 3-38 vs winning teams yet some fans truly think the Lions are a winning team. Sad.

Collins is just an example, and a really good one IMO, of the attitude and dedication that gets you one playoff victory in two and a half DECADES.

I would not at all been surprised that we not have ended up landing him, but the effort put forth was simply unsatisfactory if you truly want to win.

For everyone that simply thinks it wouldn't have mattered you remember that the next time you think a receiver pulled up or alligator armed a pass on third down because a defender is right there. I'll be saying that it would not have mattered cause the defender would have broken it up anyway. Someone will say that I don't know that and the effort given by that player was pathetic. I will then deservedly laugh at that poster.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...when we were a playoff team last year. If Lombardi can take a leap forward we are a top five team Imo.

Stop dude. Top 5 teams consistently beat winning teams. The Lions with Stafford have beaten just ONE winning team in 6 years, the Green Bay Packers. That's it. That's reality. No way do the Lions jump anyone is the top 20 until they start beating good teams.

In 2014 they piled up 10 wins vs shitty losing teams thanks to a schedule befitting a 4-12 team from the year before. They beat the Pack 1 time and got clobbered on the road in the biggest game in 20 years. Then they lost to Dallas in the playoffs.

They need to win at San Diego. Beat Denver at home. Win one in Green Bay. Beat Arizona at home. Don't get killed in Green Bay. Don't get killed in Seattle. Win in New Orleans.

Lombardi can improve but the bottom line is they need to beat someone else than Tampa, Rebuild a Bears, Viking without AP etc....

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say that La'el wanted to be a Cowboy all along or not. Sounds as if they were high on his list.

The one thing I read and I understand what Meow is speaking of. Jones sat there talking to him and this is what Collins said. " For the first time, I really felt like somebody saw me for who I am" he said "Somebody understood me"

That sounded like a GM/owner that wanted Collins on his team. No one will prolly ever find out what effort was put forth from Mayhew? IMO prolly not the effort Jones did though.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins is just an example, and a really good one IMO, of the attitude and dedication that gets you one playoff victory in two and a half DECADES.

I would not at all been surprised that we not have ended up landing him, but the effort put forth was simply unsatisfactory if you truly want to win.

For everyone that simply thinks it wouldn't have mattered you remember that the next time you think a receiver pulled up or alligator armed a pass on third down because a defender is right there. I'll be saying that it would not have mattered cause the defender would have broken it up anyway. Someone will say that I don't know that and the effort given by that player was pathetic. I will then deservedly laugh at that poster.
Aaaaaand you know this, how, exactly? :noidea:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Mayhew sit down with him or talk for hours on the phone? It's wierd that all other things attempting to court him have been spoke of. When and if I hear or read the such of the Lions
I wil keep my right to doubt it. That is not bashing, that is having a opinion.

It might even come out that Collins just said no when he called. I then will change my view. My will remain the same until I know.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Mayhew sit down with him or talk for hours on the phone? It's wierd that all other things attempting to court him have been spoke of. When and if I hear or read the such of the Lions
I wil keep my right to doubt it. That is not bashing, that is having a opinion.

It might even come out that Collins just said no when he called. I then will change my view. My will remain the same until I know.
You guys sure do make a lot of leaps without any sort of evidence to go on.

The only attempts that you know of have been reported on. That's a far-cry from being able to say all other attempts were reported on.

Imo, what we know via the media is probably only the tiniest little tip of the iceburg that was teams courting Collins after the draft...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think they are a winning team but the potential is there. The Lions weren't fortunate enough as a team to have the best owners, GMs or coaches. Its been a crazy ride. But I dont see how anyone can deny that improvements have been made with some mistakes along the way. To expect Mayhew to be a genius already is a bit unreasonable.

The optimistic types aren't ok with mediocrity, but they do see things a bit different.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My good friend, stop acting as if Collins is the difference in making a trip to the Superbowl and and being 6-10 or something. That RT spot can still see an upgrade and its possible someone steps up.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop dude. Top 5 teams consistently beat winning teams. The Lions with Stafford have beaten just ONE winning team in 6 years, the Green Bay Packers. That's it. That's reality. No way do the Lions jump anyone is the top 20 until they start beating good teams.

In 2014 they piled up 10 wins vs shitty losing teams thanks to a schedule befitting a 4-12 team from the year before. They beat the Pack 1 time and got clobbered on the road in the biggest game in 20 years. Then they lost to Dallas in the playoffs.

They need to win at San Diego. Beat Denver at home. Win one in Green Bay. Beat Arizona at home. Don't get killed in Green Bay. Don't get killed in Seattle. Win in New Orleans.

Lombardi can improve but the bottom line is they need to beat someone else than Tampa, Rebuild a Bears, Viking without AP etc....
Man I sure hope the season hurries up.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My good friend, stop acting as if Collins is the difference in making a trip to the Superbowl and and being 6-10 or something. That RT spot can still see an upgrade and its possible someone steps up.
Let's not forget that Waddle was very good, when healthy. I know people want to slap the "injury prone" label on him now that he's been dinged up two seasons in a row, but this is the NFL- dudes get hurt a lot.

I'm sure we all remember "Glassford" and "China Doll" from early in Stafford's career...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To expect Mayhew to be a genius already is a bit unreasonable.

He worked under a guy who gave him a blue print of what not to do and now he has been with the Lions for 6 or 7 years as GM.

What is the time line to develop as a GM? And at what point does a team cut ties and start over?

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's from a shit town, went to lsu, is involved in a murder investigation, said he'd take his ball and go home if we was drafted late, is already saying that his hard work will make the Dallas line make the jump to best ever. Yeah I'll believe he's and ignorant close minded southern fuck until I see something to prove otherwise.