• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Police want to speak with La'el Collins

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is a guy who speaks out about things he likes and dislikes?

Just one who speaks his mind or has an opinion. It just seems as if the majority finds everything negative. Theres several things and players I didnt like but I dont continue to bash forever and ever.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what I said. But we didn't do anything extra to improve our chances either. The max contract is a joke, everyone would have offered that.

I don't care what 26 other teams did (assuming we actually were in that group of 27). I care what the Lions did and that appears to be about as little as possible. At least show the effort put forth by the Bills and Dolphins, we didn't do that. Unless you believe the horseshit that the Lions simply aren't worthy of reporting on and we did make an extra effort.

My issue is entirely about the commitment of the team from ownership through The Clown Show. If you are trying to build a winning team and you have an unprecedented opportunity in front of you then you do everything you possibly can to make that happen for your team. We simply did not do that and that's been the same attitude that has lead to one lousy playoff win in 25 years.
The guy had his pick of teams...and a southerner is going to just pick the Lions? Not likely. The fact is you, nor I have no idea what kind of effort the Lions made. You mentioned the Bills, the Fins...and of course the Boys were trying to get him. What effort did all the other teams make? Noone knows. Most likely Collins and his agent had already narrowed the choices down. The other teams were probably told that and realized it was a waste of time. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if old Jerry slipped him a duffle bag full of cash.

Now to say they are not committed is just non sense. But if it makes you feel better...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there were 27 teams in the mix for Collins, I have to believe that Collins made his choice of who he would even give the opportunity to. Of those teams, Im sure most of them offered some type of meeting and Collins went with his favorite.

If you were the player and you had 27 teams courting you, you're not going to sit down with all of them knowing that all of them has a certain limit of what they can offer as far as the money. So that right there throws the bidding war out the window. So now as a player youre at these teams and trying to find where you want to be and no matter what those other GMs tell you, you will go to where you feel like going.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what I said. But we didn't do anything extra to improve our chances either. The max contract is a joke, everyone would have offered that.

I don't care what 26 other teams did (assuming we actually were in that group of 27). I care what the Lions did and that appears to be about as little as possible. At least show the effort put forth by the Bills and Dolphins, we didn't do that. Unless you believe the horseshit that the Lions simply aren't worthy of reporting on and we did make an extra effort.

My issue is entirely about the commitment of the team from ownership through The Clown Show. If you are trying to build a winning team and you have an unprecedented opportunity in front of you then you do everything you possibly can to make that happen for your team. We simply did not do that and that's been the same attitude that has lead to one lousy playoff win in 25 years.

My question is why are you only seeing this one way when theres tons or things that probably happened that we're unaware of? Not sure how you know the effort of the other teams?

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extra effort? Should Mayhew have blown him?

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a rumor the Cowboys used a skywriter and that's what swayed him. I heard it said "Dallas loves you La'el". I mean who wouldn't want to see their name written in the sky in clouds of puffy smoke? Between that, the duffle bags full of cash, the ticker tape parade, the fluff girls waiting inside Jerry Jones's private jet, the key to the city, a statue in front of Cowboys stadium, there is no way Mayhew could compete with that kind of extra effort.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy had his pick of teams...and a southerner is going to just pick the Lions? Not likely. The fact is you, nor I have no idea what kind of effort the Lions made. You mentioned the Bills, the Fins...and of course the Boys were trying to get him. What effort did all the other teams make? Noone knows. Most likely Collins and his agent had already narrowed the choices down. The other teams were probably told that and realized it was a waste of time. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if old Jerry slipped him a duffle bag full of cash.

Now to say they are not committed is just non sense. But if it makes you feel better...

Not a huge Drew Sharp fan, but he wrote this. He might have super secret inside knowledge. He might just be a crack pot journalist also. Depends on how you want to view it.

Detroit Lions may regret not pursuing LSU OT La'el Collins

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge Drew Sharp fan, but he wrote this. He might have super secret inside knowledge. He might just be a crack pot journalist also. Depends on how you want to view it.

Detroit Lions may regret not pursuing LSU OT La'el Collins
I agree with the article. Its common sense, if he turns out to be good, then all teams who passed him up will regret it. I know the Lions had him in for a visit, maybe they didn't like his attitude. LSU players tend to have character issues. I also read somewhere that he had gang ties, although I was trying to find the article and couldn't. Maybe Drew is right and deliberately didn't offer him. It could come up that he had one of his gang buddies take her out because he thought it was his kid and she was threatening to take his money. Who knows? That could be true and it could become a shit show and distraction for the boys.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's when the Cowboys do exactly what any team that signed would. Release him.

Just some proof, might be Meow's source.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your entire concept of the media is just plain warped. The things they know vs. the things they report on are entirely different animals. You're always trying to paint everything they do as a one-size-fits-all kind of thing, and that's just not how it works. Sometimes it's about "reporting" and breaking a story. Usually, at least in the NFL, it's more about covering the big market teams like Dallas, New England, New York x 2, etc..

Honest to God you have got to be fucking kidding me. You go from one thing to the absolute polar opposite on the drop of a hat and then use those infuriating superlatives like warped in describing other posters.

So today you are suggesting the media knows things but doesn't report them? I can't fathom that you just suggested that. Three days ago the media knew every bit as much as any team trying to do a private investigation on Collins because they would hire their own PI's to find that info because of their extensive resources.

Today you are suggesting that the Lions aren't a big enough market team to be worthy of covering had they made any extra effort to go after Collins and even if they did the media wouldn't bothering to cover it. :crazy:

In the Collins case, they're reporting stuff people would be interested in like Rex Ryan flying down to have dinner with him, or the Cowboys bringing him in for a visit and signing him. The only other team I saw the media connect to Collins was the Dolphins. If you think it was only those three teams pursuing him because that's all the media told you about, then I guess I don't know what to say?

Wow is all I can say here, just plain wow. This one says that people wouldn't be interested to know if the Lions made an extra effort to show their interest in signing him? Have you even been paying attention? What have I suggested they could have done because you have to be the only one not getting it? You seriously don't think if they sent Caldwell, Lombardi, and the o-line coach to meet with him or go to dinner it wouldn't be reported? You think if Mayhew and Lewand actually went to the offices of his agent it would not have been reported? You think if any of our players went to see him it would not have been reported? And the reason being that the Lions just aren't of any interest to people to know if they were making a push for him? :L

You don't know what to say if I think only those three teams were pursuing him? How about this....I never fucking said that!! I said the Lions made no extra effort to get it done. You will blindly defend this franchise with unbelievably lame excuses and chalk up my disgust with the effort as just hatred of the front office. This crap is why I hate them?

I can not believe your way to defend these clowns is to suggest I'm wrong in my belief that they didn't do shit because the media wouldn't bother to report on anything special the Lions made in their efforts to land a first round talent on a UDFA contract. Until deflategate he has been the biggest story going on in the NFL but because we are the Lions our extra efforts just went unreported
. :pound:

Don't make me pull this thread over, mister. I will turn this goddamn thing around and we will go straight home if you attitude doesn't straighten the fuck up! And you know what that means? That's right no roller coasters for you!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is why are you only seeing this one way when theres tons or things that probably happened that we're unaware of? Not sure how you know the effort of the other teams?
He's using his Jump to Conclusions mat...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the case of the dead baby where you may or may not have been involved in the murder of the mother....La'el Collins....you are not the father.
61986708.jpg

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fucking done with this bullshit!!!! Be happy with mediocrity, nothing results, half assed efforts, and empty trophy cases. Here's your rainbow and pot of gold at the end of it.

rainbow.jpg

bilde

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fucking done with this bullshit!!!! Be happy with mediocrity, nothing results, half assed efforts, and empty trophy cases. Here's your rainbow and pot of gold at the end of it.

rainbow.jpg

bilde

Was it really necessary to post a pic of those two? I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it really necessary to post a pic of those two? I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Sorry dude, I know the feeling.

The true tragedy is that the same photo gave several others a hard on.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is La'EL Collins would have been the Lions pick at 23, and both him and his agent knew this going in. The Lions were the team rumored to have almost drafted him on day 2, but got cold feet when no progress had been made on officially ruling Collins out as a suspect by the time their pick was up.

Once Collins became an UFA, both he and his agent still expected to be signed by Detroit, but by then the Lions had already decided for whatever reason to pass on bringing the LSU tackle to Motown.

Wow.